Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 Feb 24, 2008 2:41 AM

Scarabbug
Gems: 0

Re: I think I know what will happen after the ending.. ( S P O I L E R S )

We all make mistakes.

I'm kinda glad it's NOT his voice actually... what do you think the odds are on them bringing back Greg Berger? big_smile

#27 Feb 24, 2008 2:47 AM

ratchet
Website

1 to 10000000000000. THey dont care about that, they just care about the cash.

#28 Feb 24, 2008 6:12 PM

Scarabbug

I can see that you and I are gonna be in constant disagreement on this subject.  wink

Equinox (you corrected me from travellers tales) just cared about the cash, but Sierra quite obviously is trying to do something good with the title. It takes a lot of time and effort to utterly reinvent a title (and it's always hard to live up to the originals).

Suerra is trying really hard and doing something good with the new game. The fact that they've screwed up in a few (or a lot of) places doesn't mean they're not trying.

#29 Feb 25, 2008 7:29 AM

ratchet
Website

Awful GAmeplay is not what i call trying. And i recon that they are in it for the cash even more than ETD.

#30 Feb 25, 2008 7:59 AM

Car-looking-4-gun

I think that we must wait to see it in the new game. smile

#31 Feb 25, 2008 9:43 PM

Scarabbug

I agree with Car looking 4 gun (I also wonder about hiw username?) We must wait and see and hope they fix the last game's bugs smile

I also don't think TEN's gameplay was THAT terrible. It was very annoying in places, sure (especially that bit on the pirate ship just before facing Skabb) but <i>seriously</i>, it wasn't <i>that</i> bad. 

Perhaps it's just too hard for the 10 to 13 year old age group in places.. .I mean, I'm twenty one so perhaps that's why I found the gameplay easier. Remember, even the ORIGINAL barttle with Gnasty Gnorc felt hardwhen you were eleven years old and doing it for the first time.)

#32 Feb 29, 2008 11:09 AM

Phoenix_Flyer
Website

Heyo, I honestly think that it isn't Hunter, as you all agreed the letter was so formal. Could it be like one of Hunter's great-great grandfathers or something? I mean I know they are trying to create a new image for the games but I don't think they will disregard all of the previous games and change how they meet. I mean Hunter wouldn't really be Hunter if he wasn't a clutz lol

#33 Feb 29, 2008 12:07 PM

ratchet
Website

Its not in the same timeline/universe, So hunter can be as different as... well... he could be a pumpkin!
Scarab: I'll tell ya why i found the Gameplay terrible? ok, hes a full anylasis...
1.When i started playing, i noticed that the gameplay was exaculy the same as ANB, now i'm not saying that have the same gameplay is bad (it isn't if it is already a good formula), but after Krome saw the reviews of ANB, you'd think they would change atleast... a bit. To tell you what i saw was the same- Fight, Fight, Fight for the first 30 minutes, while collecting spirit crystals. I didn't think it was too bad yet, but i hadn't seen much yet, and it was linear as hell, just like ANB.
2.More fighting, and no real variety along the way
3.PLatforming is tedious seeing  and the dark colours was sending me off to sleep.
4.First boss was easy and stupid, walking from side to side shooting random fireballs is really boring.
5.More fighting and a stupid platform on the waterfall, not to mention those annoying fire flies preventing me gliding
6.Similar boss to 4 except more harder and annoying, i beat him after a while, he wasn't fun
7.More Fighting, bit of platforming too, but the music and colours are still sending me off to sleep
8.Second boss is extremely hard and annoying, not fun and very time consuming
9.Both Chronicler levels are nice, but utterly pointless
10.All Pirate Ship bosses are dreadfully hard, boring, not fun and annoying
11.dont know where to go after bosses

Thats what i hated about the gameplay in TEN, its not really fun

#34 Mar 01, 2008 12:22 AM

Scarabbug

Many of the reasons you dislike the game, Ratchet, are the reasons I liked it.

I really appreciated the challenge that TEN gave me and felt a real sense of triumph when I eventually succeeded (youknow the old "gamers shakes" you get when you're fighting a major boss or final boss, and your hands feel weird when you take them off the control? I got that a LOT with TEN tongue)

I also enjoy fighting games, especially button bashers, because when you get down to it I'm just not that good at more compelx stuff XD

Spyro isn't realy a Platformer anymore. I guess that genre is going out of mode. remember how Jak 2 asked to be called an "action adventure?"

The gameplay really swayed MASSIVELY with difficulty though - it went from rediculously easy to far too hard. They need to work on that and hopefully it'll be sorted for the next game.

And of course, you already know I lovedthe story.

Back to Hunter - yeah I guess it COULD actually be a future relative of Hunter's since there's a good chance spyro is in the future now, but I don't think it's nessecarily the DISTANT future, so...

#35 Mar 01, 2008 9:03 AM

ratchet
Website

I get gamers shakes, but not with Boring TEN.

#36 Mar 02, 2008 12:08 AM

Scarabbug

Yes, Rachet, I know you don't.

Board footer