You are not logged in.

#1 May 15, 2019 4:29 PM

Spyrodisanti
Gems: 18

Haunted Towaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

I'm on Haunted Tower

I dunno, I just dunno...

I'm at the the end of my tether ...

... I didn't know how far along my tether I was, until I reached the end. (Michael McIntyre)

I've watched youtubes, ... it looks easy, ok, I'm not great, but, I've performed magic so far, with help from videos.

The last knight always blocks me.

I've done perfect run & jumps, I've done perfect run, dash, jumps in between hundreds of crappy attempts, and I've snapped.

Anyone out there? Please help!

#2 May 15, 2019 4:39 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

Re: Haunted Towaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

If you're on Reignited, it's definitely way harder than in the original game. It takes some patience and practice, but you have to make sure that you never walk into the stairs and time your jumps well.
I'd advise to stick to the right side of the stairs as much as possible (since it's a circular path that makes it the shortest distance).
When you reach the top, you need to make sure you charge into the room diagonally; the knights take time to move from right to left, so if you charge from right to left to make the most distance between you and the knight, you will have an advantage.
Lastly, you can actually make good use of the roll mechanics (L1/R1 aka LB/RB) to roll into the room just before the knight gets to you.
Remember to keep charging at flat spots (or right after a jump to a flat area) but don't try to charge when jumping the stairs; simply jumping will do the trick most of the time.

All in all it just takes a lot of practice and patience, but I hope these tips do help out!

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#3 May 15, 2019 5:01 PM

Spyrodisanti

#4 May 15, 2019 5:20 PM

Spyrodisanti

It's happened so many times before. I give up. Maybe I'll come back and try again. At least with this game, I can move on and try another level. Not for the lack of trying, I gave it full beans.

#5 May 16, 2019 3:33 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

sometimes i actually just glitch / jump past the knights. at least, the ones that just stand there and don't attack you!

get in front of the knight. put a little bit of distance between you and them, but not much. face diagonally, so you're facing where you want to go, but are still kind of looking at the knight. jump, then charge mid-air.

it's pretty difficult to pull off, but it might work smile

#6 May 17, 2019 2:50 AM

Spyrodisanti

#7 May 17, 2019 7:54 PM

Spyrodisanti

Oh my giddy aunt.

I've only gone and done it.

I physically felt the shivers, though it might be the caffeine.

I think I gained a millisecond by jumping over the first knight instead of dashing around, then at the top dashed to the left.

Oh heck, I hope this is a save point. If I've gotta do that again ...

#8 May 19, 2019 7:39 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

Board footer