Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 May 04, 2019 4:50 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

Would you like to see Spyro in Super Smash Bros?

We all know or have heard of Super Smash Bros. Nintendo's big fighting crossover that features famous game characters. Battling it out trying to KO the other.

Anyway the series has featured a multitude of great and big characters from across Video Game history.

If Spyro was included would you be interested? He certinly could make a case, he has a charge, flame, Glide ECT could even use Supercharge or Superflame as a final smash and use his classic look maybe even come, with Lofty Castle, Or Skelos Badlands as a stage. Plus that Spyro content in Smash.

Anyway would do you think yay or nay?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#2 May 04, 2019 8:18 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

Re: Would you like to see Spyro in Super Smash Bros?

I mean, if we ignore Spyro not really being licensed to Nintendo, that would sound nice.
Still, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale made some very questionable design decisions in order to change well-known characters to be balanced and fit in the game, which made them feel clunky, weak, or very out of place. Then again, that was a rushed SSB competitor, so let's assume that the design team would actually do a decent job on conveying Spyro to be mixed in with the SSB world.

Pretty sure flame would work greatly as a quick damage and/or burning tool, and you could put a charge in as perhaps some kind of dashing basic attack. I can imagine RR's headbashing to come in handy as a downward special, and perhaps something involving the iconic YotD skateboard as an upward special. As a Final Smash I could imagine something akin to the Ripto final boss fight, where any of the 3 colours of orbs can be selected to buff the flame or charge attacks to become stronger, have a bigger area or more launch power.

Stages could have so much potential, really. I could even see some transition-like stage going through all the Spyro 1 homeworlds with different hazards (Like the SSBB Fire Emblem or Pokemon stages). Artisans could be a default, non-hazardous stage, Peace Keepers could be attacked by gnorcs with cannons, Druids in Magic Crafters could shift around platforms of the stage, Beast Makers gnorcs could try to electrify the stage or have boars charge around, the Fools of Dream Weavers could use the DW cannon to shrink people on the stage, and perhaps even Gnasty himself could make an appearance for Gnorc Gnexus. You could easily turn some Spyro levels into good stage hazards, such as Magma Cone, Dino Mines or Zephyr. Imagine the possibilities for S1 elder dragons or the S3 companions as Assist Trophies in the game!

So yeah, I think that could be awesome and could work out really well if handled with care.

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#3 May 06, 2019 1:39 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

i have only played Smash Bros a couple times in my life, at friends' houses, but i would certainly be a lot more interested if Spyro were involved! unfortunately i don't have much else to add -- like i said i haven't played these games much -- but i like the ideas MrX-Link is proposing smile

#4 May 07, 2019 7:41 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

I like MrX-Link's idea. Also we could get great Spyro music like Dark Passage, Lofty Castle, Skelos Badlands, Metropolis, Robotica Farms, Fireworks Factory ECT.

Plus Spirits the thing that's replaced trophies now, there like avatars of characters that give a character different stats. We could get spirits, for Sparx, Hunter, Elora, The Professor Gnasty Gnorc, Ripto ECT.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

Board footer