Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct 19, 2018 7:04 AM

Sasukefan
Gems: 37

Feeling stupid

No matter how much i read or study. I still feel like i am intellectually inferior to some other people i know. I just don't know how to deal with it sometimes.

Strength lies in understanding

#2 Oct 19, 2018 4:49 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

Re: Feeling stupid

It's hard to feel like you're getting anywhere, when you study or work-hard and it dosen't result in much. Don't ever feel inferior or like you're getting anywhere. You can only do what you can. It's rough at times, believe me though the hard-work pays off. Keep on studying, and working and just do what you can. Maybe it's not at the level of others but keep trying and giving you're all. Sorry hope this helps in some way.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#3 Oct 20, 2018 3:38 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

Last edited by 36IStillLikeSpyro36 (Oct 20, 2018 3:45 AM)

#4 Nov 02, 2018 10:49 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

In addition to what they both said (which was great advice), remember that it's better to be surrounded by people who are smarter than you than to be the smartest person in your social circle. Don't think of it as you being stupid; just think of it as knowing a lot of smart people. I have friends whose IQs I'm sure are higher than mine, and we have great conversations that make me think about things in different ways.

#5 Dec 14, 2018 5:10 AM

celophi
Gems: 15

Hi, I wanted to say, that I feel like this all the time. I definitely know where you are coming from, and I still don't know the best way to deal with it.
For example, I have some research projects that I am working on, but I have been stuck on them for years. I'm not sure if I will ever be able to figure them out or learn. It's really tough.

There are people I talk to who are so smart, I can't even understand what they are trying to explain to me. It is quite humbling at times.
I actually had this experience today, and I'm struggling to understand how I can learn what they know.

The above posts have some really great advice smile
When I try to recall what people have told me, I can think of a few things:
1) Be patient.
2) Break things up into small pieces.
3) Ask for help even if you think your question is stupid.

Board footer