Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 17, 2017 7:59 AM

Sparox
Banned
Gems: 0

Is Anime dead?

Last edited by Sparox (Jan 17, 2017 8:05 AM)

#2 Jan 17, 2017 2:55 PM

Drako

Re: Is Anime dead?

I know , most animes and mangas today are made just toward what's trendy , but you can still find some gems from the "trash" if you look for them.
My last year's favorite anime was Boku no Hero.
I can't say nothing about manga cause i didn't read any.

#3 Jan 17, 2017 8:40 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

... Steinar? is... is that you?

anyway, i'm not into manga or anime, but i have a friend who is, and he feels pretty much the same way as you, that anime is mostly a bunch of rather gross fan service, and that older anime is a lot better. i would agree, based on what my friend has shown me. but like Drako said, it seems there are still some worthwhile shows out there.

on the other hand, i had another friend whom i no longer talk to. he was really into anime as well but he liked this REALLY weird stuff. like, "i can't talk about this on SpyroForum" weird. so yeah, it definitely seems like anime is in a rough place right now.

edit: also, just to clarify, the quotes in those gifs are fake. Hayao Miyazaki didn't actually say those things.

Last edited by 36IStillLikeSpyro36 (Feb 25, 2017 5:39 AM)

#4 Jan 18, 2017 2:16 AM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

I watch a lot of reruns of anime on Netflix.

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#5 Jan 20, 2017 7:57 PM

Gekoncze
Baby Dragon
Award: Speedway Contest Winner Final
Gems: 145

Anime seem to be really popular in Czech these days o.O I myself watched only one, it was pretty good. I'm quite getting into nekos though, I even have hat with ears <.< I wish I had gloves with paws too..

#6 Feb 01, 2017 4:37 AM

RangerOfIthilien
Gems: -495
Birthday: 30 March

I never watch TV anymore, with the exception of anime. I do love me some good anime. Stormy and I are caught up on One Piece, coming close to the end of both Cowboy Bebop and Magi, and have watched through tons of other shows before this, and when I find the time I like to get in an episode of Bacanno or Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Chessmaster
Level 67

#7 Feb 24, 2017 6:52 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Anime isn't dead; it's just that a good portion of it isn't very good, like most other forms of entertainment. tongue

Board footer