Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun 28, 2015 12:44 PM

Waffled
Member
From: Jersey
Registered: Jun 25, 2015
Posts: 200
Gems: 10
Birthday: 8 November
Age: 21 years old
Gender: Male

Is Skylanders dying (yet)?

I was just looking around on YouTube where I found this video explaining that one of the trailers for Superchargers has thousands of dislikes. Coupled with the car gimmick (suggests running out of ideas), it is plausible to say that Skylanders is on the decline (although you can argue that it has been for a while).

Warning: Video contains some profanity

The video trailer that Nintendo released has only around 22.9% likes, the other 77.1% being dislikes (according to my math skills):

However, this is only the Nintendo trailer. Other trailers are generally well received so people may only be hating on it for other reasons such as the mixing of Amiibo and Skylanders. These are only dislikes on a video, of course, so they don't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, what do you think? Is Skylanders dying or is it dead already? When do you think it will die? (I predict hopefully sometime before 2020 at least, maybe even by 2018)

Last edited by Waffled (Jun 28, 2015 8:51 PM)


YouTube
"You're so British!"
         - Swaffy, commenting on my designation of a PT-76B located in the 'centre' of Tunisia, WT

Offline

#2 Jun 28, 2015 8:49 PM

Bitmap
Member
From: Los Angeles, California
Registered: Nov 06, 2014
Posts: 80
Gems: 0
Birthday: 14 March
Age: 22 years old
Gender: Male

Re: Is Skylanders dying (yet)?

People are still buying it, and it's still selling well. In Activision's term's, despite the negative criticism, it's still alive and well.

But what was the point of bringing back the 'Sierra' brand name even though you're not going to bring Crash or Spyro back? Apparently Crash & Spyro aren't profitable so Sierra hired a dev to make SHIFTLINGS- a platformer that never needed to be made.

It's funny, I actually talked to the dev team behind Shiftlings on Twitter back when Sierra/Activision announced it and they said they'd love to make a new Crash Bandicoot, but I'm not sure about Spyro.

Offline

#3 Jun 28, 2015 8:53 PM

Waffled
Member
From: Jersey
Registered: Jun 25, 2015
Posts: 200
Gems: 10
Birthday: 8 November
Age: 21 years old
Gender: Male

Re: Is Skylanders dying (yet)?


YouTube
"You're so British!"
         - Swaffy, commenting on my designation of a PT-76B located in the 'centre' of Tunisia, WT

Offline

#4 Jun 29, 2015 1:05 AM

Mr. John
Member
From: Idol Springs
Registered: Feb 12, 2010
Posts: 8,357
Gems: -2,718

Re: Is Skylanders dying (yet)?

Yup. Could be. With Disney Infinity and even the Amiibo out. People have a whole variety of favourite characters. To play as in other games. I still support it tons. But it's popularity maybe dwindling. Don't be surprised to see Skylanders just sitting in shelves one day. But who knows maybe it might finally lead to a remake of the Original Spyro and possibly Crash. Hopefully.

But yeah it could be dead eventually.


You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

Offline

#5 Nov 19, 2015 7:37 PM

skylandersspyro
New Member
Registered: Nov 19, 2015
Posts: 2
Gems: 0
Gender: Male

Re: Is Skylanders dying (yet)?

Lego Dimensions is beating Skylanders. Moneyvision is going to milk Skylanders until the end of time considering what Call of Duty is now.:P It sucks


Spyro and Skylanders Spyro are the same!

Offline

#6 Nov 27, 2015 10:35 PM

Mr. John
Member
From: Idol Springs
Registered: Feb 12, 2010
Posts: 8,357
Gems: -2,718

Re: Is Skylanders dying (yet)?

It won't truly die, I am a fan and will continue to support long as it keeps the hype and momentum going the proud Skylanders fan stands by it proud and strong no matter what!


You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

Offline

#7 Jan 18, 2017 9:10 AM

Sparox
Banned
Registered: Jan 17, 2017
Posts: 21
Gems: 0

Re: Is Skylanders dying (yet)?

If anyone is gonna get a PS4 and Skylanders then be sure to let me know. I may be interested in trying it out once i get this new system in 2017 when Crash comes out big_smile


Ban reason: Duplicate account of Steinar

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB