Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun 28, 2015 12:44 PM

Waffled
Gems: 10

Is Skylanders dying (yet)?

Last edited by Waffled (Jun 28, 2015 8:51 PM)

#2 Jun 28, 2015 8:49 PM

Bitmap
Gems: 0
Birthday: 14 March

Re: Is Skylanders dying (yet)?

People are still buying it, and it's still selling well. In Activision's term's, despite the negative criticism, it's still alive and well.

But what was the point of bringing back the 'Sierra' brand name even though you're not going to bring Crash or Spyro back? Apparently Crash & Spyro aren't profitable so Sierra hired a dev to make SHIFTLINGS- a platformer that never needed to be made.

It's funny, I actually talked to the dev team behind Shiftlings on Twitter back when Sierra/Activision announced it and they said they'd love to make a new Crash Bandicoot, but I'm not sure about Spyro.

#3 Jun 28, 2015 8:53 PM

Waffled
Gems: 10

#4 Jun 29, 2015 1:05 AM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

Yup. Could be. With Disney Infinity and even the Amiibo out. People have a whole variety of favourite characters. To play as in other games. I still support it tons. But it's popularity maybe dwindling. Don't be surprised to see Skylanders just sitting in shelves one day. But who knows maybe it might finally lead to a remake of the Original Spyro and possibly Crash. Hopefully.

But yeah it could be dead eventually.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#5 Nov 19, 2015 7:37 PM

skylandersspyro

Lego Dimensions is beating Skylanders. Moneyvision is going to milk Skylanders until the end of time considering what Call of Duty is now.:P It sucks

Spyro and Skylanders Spyro are the same!

#6 Nov 27, 2015 10:35 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

It won't truly die, I am a fan and will continue to support long as it keeps the hype and momentum going the proud Skylanders fan stands by it proud and strong no matter what!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#7 Jan 18, 2017 9:10 AM

Sparox
Banned

If anyone is gonna get a PS4 and Skylanders then be sure to let me know. I may be interested in trying it out once i get this new system in 2017 when Crash comes out big_smile

Board footer