Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 25, 2016 5:14 PM

Steinar
Banned
Gems: 0

Click and point adventure games

I have 2 freeware games called
"Beneath a Steel Sky" and "Lure of the Temptress" which i downloaded from ScummVMs official site(Tip if you plan to play "Beneath a Steel Sky" in ScummVM, then i recommend to change the settings of it, or "Edit game" as it may be called and go to "Graphics" tab and then highlight "Override global graphics settings" and then highlight "Aspect Ratio correction". Trust me its much better)
And i bought some years ago 2 games in one CD/DVD called "Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars" and "Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror".
I didn't bother to install the 2nd game because i personally believe the 1st one is something i can relate to more and its more mysterious aspects of it. Although which may seem ironic considering i tried the 2nd as a demo and full game as a kid which i loved at the time.

I use ScummVM. Although i wish they could use another name for the program tongue. But it is a good program, i changed the icon to Dosbox and just renamed the Shortcut "DOS Games". And then it went more easier big_smile. But i just like it because i have a list of games i can use on old ones that support it and add it in my list, pick out the game and play it, and even add some settings if there is something i am not satisfied with.

Although it was more popular in the old days. There does exists new ones, i think i tried "Homestar Runner" point and click game on the Wii which i kinda thought was enjoyable big_smile. And i never tried King's Quest game series as a kid but i heard there are new one released on Xbox 360 and PS3 from what i have heard on sale. But for the most part its not as popular as it used to be i think, even strategy games was somewhat more popular before too!

Edit: Oh, and i forgot to tell you. To enter in and out of fullscreen mode in ScummVM games is to hold the "Alt" button and press the "Enter" button while the game window is highlighted.

Is there any click and point adventure games you are fond off? If not then you can always give your views to what you think about it smile

Last edited by Steinar (Mar 25, 2016 5:39 PM)

Ban reason: Trolling

#2 Mar 25, 2016 9:47 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

Re: Click and point adventure games

I think I've played a couple click and point adventure games, but not many.

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#3 Mar 26, 2016 2:50 AM

thetruefan
Gems: -15
Website

Any 2008 horror web-based game, lol

#4 Mar 26, 2016 3:11 AM

Swaffy
Gems: 218

Don't you point first before clicking? XD Just picking on you.

I've watched Mark (-iplier) play a few horror games in this style and were pretty interesting. Some very well made in both art and story.

#5 Mar 27, 2016 12:29 PM

Steinar
Banned

Ban reason: Trolling

Board footer