Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep 15, 2014 4:23 PM

VashtiWoodlawn
Gems: 0

Spyro the Dragon Worlds As Real Places?

Yeah. Who would love to see the Spyro levels created as real livable environments? I know it sounds very nerdy, but has anyone besides me ever thought about Spyro Architecture in real life? I love the colorful aesthetics of the levels. When I get around to it, I will try to design some myself and post them in the fan art area because I don't think it would fit here. What are your favorite levels in Spyro the Dragon that you would like to see made real? Of course it would be done in a kind of abstract way. My favorite is Dark Hollow. I always wanted to live there as a child. Recreating this world as a house and garden? That would be amazing. I have an idea where the vortex thingamajig could function as a bed or one of those Japanese meditation benches. The castles could be entrances to other rooms and so on.

I'm both a sucker for Spyro and old school houses!!!

#2 Sep 16, 2014 1:19 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

Re: Spyro the Dragon Worlds As Real Places?

my town is surprisingly similar to some of the Spyro worlds (like Stone Hill, Toasty, Autumn Plains, Sunrise Spring, etc.) , though of course there are more houses and streets. take my backyard. it's pretty small. the porch is stone. the yard is almost all grass/plants. it has a path that goes through it that's mostly part rocks, part brick. there are a few metal laundry posts we never got rid of, even though we have a dryer now. the small wall around this grassy yard is made of old and cracking stone. the metal fence is old style and rusty. most of the town has this sort of vibe.

the town is full of hills and there are mountains out in the distance around here, and some of the churches look a bit like Spyro-type stuff.

it's hard to say which ones i'd want to see as real places. Summer Forest would be cool. Midnight Mountain could be cool. problem with that one of course being the chasm. for some reason i think Agent 9's Lab would be fun to see irl. definitely Lost Fleet and the Super Bonus Round. (none of the levels i named here look like my town btw.)

#3 Sep 16, 2014 2:03 AM

VashtiWoodlawn
Gems: 0

Re: Spyro the Dragon Worlds As Real Places?

Cool that your town is similar to one. Yeah. Couldn't you just see chasms in the middle of a normal town? The Chinese elements in Cloud Temples are cool. The Dragonfly Dojo is cool too.

I'm both a sucker for Spyro and old school houses!!!

Board footer