#1 Feb 15, 2014 4:50 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Best and Worst Things About DotD

Okay, I know DotD gets a lot of hate around here (still haven't played it, so I'm remaining neutral), but I'm hoping this will get some discussion going since the almighty random number generator had decided that this is the current featured game.

So, what were your favorite and least favorite things about this game? Try to name at least one for both.

#2 Feb 15, 2014 6:47 PM

o-danny-o
Gems: 0
Birthday: 7 December

Re: Best and Worst Things About DotD

the game is already a few years old, how come you never played it YET YOURE THE GLOBAL MODERATOR OF THIS FORUM!

best thing: better ending then ive seen from battlefield. or saints row. or other mainstream games.

worst thing: theres no sequel.

#3 Feb 15, 2014 7:03 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

I've been a moderator on this forum since before the LoS series even existed. tongue There are a couple reasons I haven't played it; first of all I wasn't a huge fan of the first two LoS games, so I wasn't exactly in a rush to get the third one when it came out; and secondly the PS3 version is still really expensive for a six-year-old game. I'm waiting for a good deal on a copy before I buy it.

#4 Feb 15, 2014 8:33 PM

Gekoncze
Baby Dragon
Award: Speedway Contest Winner Final
Gems: 145

It lacks of furry ;( I really liked that in eternal night big_smile
I liked the atmosphere in valleys of avalar ^.^

#5 Feb 16, 2014 12:41 AM

Giganoto

Best things: -The graphics. DAYM are they bright and pretty, great designs too.
-Good soundtrack
-Interesting environments
-Fairly cool enemies
-Flying, even if its only so much fun
-The different abilities are cool, i guess. Even if they dont offer much

Bad things:The characters. They're pretty bland. Spyro is a teenage girl trapped in a male dragons body, cynder is a moodswing hormone taken shape as a dragon magically.
-The story is...mehhh? I dont even remember much of it, but i do remember not being too invested in it.
-The gameplay. It's alright at best, but sometimes it just never kept me invested enough
-cynder. What i liked about new beginning was evil cynder and the mystery whimsy feel of the nice cynder in it, but then BAM eternal night hits, followed by dawn of the dragon and you get major angst, major hung upness, not to mention she doesnt offer much. But she does offer MEMEZ *shot* but seriously, she doesnt come to closure with her past, she snaps at spyro, shes rude to sparx, shes pretty boring.....what else can i say? Sure, she had like 2 or 3 nice gestures and behaviours, but the rest was annoying behaviour. Of course, no one is perfect, but cynder was going a little overboard, she almost seemed like an overexaggeration.
-Spyro. He's...pretty lame and generic. He has the personality of a table.

Just my opinion though *shrug* a lot of people will probably disagree with me on this, i dont know. I probably overexaggerated a little bit with the cons tongue

Last edited by Giganoto (Feb 16, 2014 12:41 AM)

''SPACESHIP!''

#6 Feb 16, 2014 2:46 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

Last edited by 36IStillLikeSpyro36 (Feb 07, 2016 3:32 AM)

#7 Feb 16, 2014 4:54 AM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Am I the only friggin perosn who likes Cynder's personality. It's not good but I *bleep*in enjoy it more than Spyro/any other character. They tried. They their best and didn't succeed, to alter that Coldplay song.

Negatives? Oooh boy, do I have a list!

-Combat is bland and repetitive
-Story is every Fantasy shlockfest out there. I can't even play the cutscenes without cringing.
-IGNITUS'S PEDO GRIN
-The Golem is the first boss of GoWII. I am not even lying, look em both up, and watch them back to back. That is *bleep*in shameful.
-THEY RUINED MARK HAMILL'S VOICE. COME ON, YOU GOT THE JOKER. LET. HIM. ACT.
-Malefor himself was kind of a dud imo. Way  more interested in his past than I am here.
-WHY ARE THERE NO ARIAL DEFENSES FOR WARFANG. COME ON. YOU HAVE FLYIGN ENEMIES.
-The game is brutally unfair at times and the elite enemies are *bleep*
-THE HALF-*bleep*ed ENDING.

Positives?

-Music wasn't that bad
-FLYING
-Two player is fun as hell
-Some of the designs were cool. I did like Avalar.

Uhh

all I got

#8 Feb 16, 2014 4:03 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

The other characters do seem a little... personality-less, at least in ANB and TEN. If they at least tried to do something different with Cynder I'll give them points for that.

One thing I can say for sure is I don't like the character designs... especially Spyro. I got used to his new look in the first two LoS games, but for this design I don't think I ever will. It's just anatomically weird, and something about his face is just... I don't know, very off-putting.

#9 Feb 16, 2014 10:46 PM

Giganoto

Yeah, i guess we have to give them that they TRIED with cynder, they did try something new. So ill give koodo points for trying

''SPACESHIP!''

#10 Mar 04, 2014 7:51 PM

shade105
Birthday: 23 September
Website

I actually don't like how they changed Cynder's personality. In this game they make her feel more cliche than anything before. She feels awfully cheerleaderish.

The story is weak and cardboardish. They should have invested much more time in that, as in the other games they had that going for them.

The game tried to take itself too seriously. This got to the point that any sort of humor seemed outlandish.

#11 Mar 22, 2014 5:27 AM

Breaking Bad
Gems: 73
Birthday: 20 January

who be cyndur?

#12 Apr 03, 2014 8:05 PM

The Black Shadow

Last edited by The Black Shadow (Apr 03, 2014 8:29 PM)

#13 Apr 03, 2014 9:44 PM

NeoReaper

Yeah, Emulators scale the PS2's Native 480p/i to your monitor's resolution. The old ancient PS2 could not handle the high resolutions and Emulators also offer the extra features like Anti-Aliasing which make the edges less jagged and more focused in a way.

-Intel I7 4770k 4.5Ghz / Phanteks U-Type Black    -Vengeance (Hynix) 16Gb 1600Mhz   -Kingston SSDNow M.2 / 2TB Seagate Constellation
-Asus Intel Z97-P    -Zalman z11 Plus Case    -Windows 10 Insider Edition    -XFX R9 280X 3GB

#14 May 10, 2014 9:09 PM

AksiPL
Birthday: 11 March
Website

I played DotD on PS2 and on PS3. Graphic on PS3 is much better than on PS2 but it's not such a big deal.
Things I like-The whooole story, it was really interesting for me. The graphic. You could play as Spyro and Cynder. Being able to play with other person. How the levels were made(I mean the designs, they were really beautiful). The ending, I really liked making rest of story of Cynder and Spyro with my sister :3 But still I would really like to know what would officialy happen x.x
Things I didn't like-Some levels were very long. On some levels when I finnaly killed all the enemies I didn't know where to go to get to next level xD Checkpoints. What else... Oh yeah, thing that was a bit irritating for me was that, that in Eternal Night and New Beggining Cynder was black/dark gray and in DotD she magically turned dark purple(or her colour is just changing while she's growing o3o). There's more things I like and don't like but don't have I time to write now x.x

#15 May 11, 2014 3:04 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

#16 May 11, 2014 9:37 AM

CuttingEdge
Gems: -27
Birthday: 11 November

Never ask what I'd do for a klondike bar. No one wants to go down that road.

#17 May 11, 2014 10:38 AM

NeoReaper

-Intel I7 4770k 4.5Ghz / Phanteks U-Type Black    -Vengeance (Hynix) 16Gb 1600Mhz   -Kingston SSDNow M.2 / 2TB Seagate Constellation
-Asus Intel Z97-P    -Zalman z11 Plus Case    -Windows 10 Insider Edition    -XFX R9 280X 3GB

#18 Jun 17, 2014 1:42 PM

olovski
Birthday: 26 September
Website

I think it's good game but it seems kind of unbalanced at some points. Some of the elite enemies are ridiculously overpowered. The animations are nice. The grabbing and slaming of enemies is fun. The lack of humour and the fact that Spyro has become a boring generic hero in this game is sad. The graphics are sweet i think. I really enjoyed playing Cynder and yes the flying part specifically in the valley of Avalar was fun.

#19 Jun 18, 2014 11:01 AM

LocoGuy107
Banned

#20 Jun 19, 2014 5:01 AM

Flapjacks
Birthday: 5 October

#21 Jun 20, 2014 4:16 PM

LocoGuy107
Banned

Yeah, TLoS Spyro is a different character entirely.

#22 Sep 28, 2014 5:10 AM

WhimsicalWerecat
Website

I never played any of the original Spyro games, so I have no opinion when it comes to comparisons. But I've played TLoS trilogy, and enjoyed them. Dawn of the Dragon is my favourite of the three. I liked the designs, most of the music, and how you can switch between dragons. Flying was a major plus! Some of the control mechanics were not the best, and the Elites were ridiculously difficult. I enjoyed this game overall, but especially enjoyed playing it with my nephew, and seeing how much fun he had.

And the best part about this game? You get to be dragons! Duh! wink

Board footer