Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct 30, 2007 5:38 AM

ratnla
Gems: 0

GAUL: The second time purple phase: HELP

I get through the first phase of Gaul.  But what about the second?  There is this purple column in the middle and he turns into a tornado, etc.
Why is Spyro black and why do I end up hovering in the air so long?
someone please help...

#2 Oct 30, 2007 8:11 AM

Zekira Drake

Re: GAUL: The second time purple phase: HELP

-To actually damage Gaul, you need to use the Dragona Fog Breath (square/breath ability button), and that's only minimal damage.
-When he uses the tornado at you, charge away from his as much as possible. When he gets too near (he'll always suck you in), use Berserk Dash (Triangle/the secondary elemental ability button) to completely pass through him. If he takes too long to spin and he doesn't suck you up, it will render him dizzied, which is about a lot of seconds to hit him.
-When you catch Gaul with the Berserk Dash (Triangle/the secondary element ability button), Spyro will do a full 8-hit combo which should stun lock him, so use the opportunity to breath him.
-After he has lost 1/3 of his life, he will teleport when you hit him with any melee attack, so don't go near him anymore.
-When he does the meteor shower attack, NONE OF IT WILL HIT IF YOU STAY STATIONARY. Breath at him at this time.
-When he's far away, NEVER go idle. He could suddenly do the laser eye at you and that's the major attack he does, and can make you fall down.
-If you're caught in the tornado, you will be hanged in the air. Repeatedly press X (Jump) and Triangle (Secondary elemental ability button) to render yourself mobile again. YOu are prone to powerful attacks while hung in the air.
-Use DT.

#3 Nov 01, 2007 1:06 AM

DUD

What bug me about him is that a lot of the time if you ever do that Beserk Dash he tends to teleport away and you get to see Spyro going all out at nothing.  Another thing that bothers me about Beserk Dash is that sometimes it does truely massive damage and sometimes it barely does anything, I don't get that.

#4 Nov 01, 2007 1:24 PM

Zekira Drake

It doesn't do any damage, seriously.

He will only start to telport at Berserk Dash/any melee attack if you've reduced 1/3rd of his life.

Oh, and BTW, merely touching him will make him flinch.

#5 Nov 01, 2007 11:55 PM

DUD

I've actually never had him teleport away from me when I do normal ground melee attacks, only when I try the Beserk Charge thing.  Difference between Wii and PS2 versions maybe?

Beserk Charge itself seems to do very little damage, but sometimes on the last blow (which he pauses for) and/or with the immediate one or two blows of a follow up normal melee combo he will inflict a great amount of damage against any targets that get hit by the blows.  I've actually taken nearly a third of Gual's health with the last blow of the Beserk Charge and the first two blows of the follow up normal melee combo I put against him.

#6 Nov 02, 2007 5:07 AM

Zekira Drake

I still spam breath when doing berserk charge and I only get the continuous chip damage from the fog breath. I dunno, there may really be differences.

#7 Nov 10, 2007 3:44 PM

Vitani333

#8 Nov 11, 2007 11:35 AM

Zekira Drake

Vitani333, if you were criticizing (assuming you were) me, then read my long post again. When he does not hit you with his tornado and you are not thrown up in the air in the long duration he is in the spin, he will eventually get dizzy and halt for 15 SECONDS. So that's why I advice to pass through the tornado. Also, in the tornado, there are risks of being hit by the meteors and the earth-laser.

#9 Nov 12, 2007 11:27 PM

Vitani333

#10 Nov 13, 2007 1:07 AM

LoneKnight
Website

I can agree with Vitani333 on this factor, and I played it on the PS2. I didn't know it was possible to dodge the hurricane whirlwind.

#11 Nov 13, 2007 11:36 PM

Zekira Drake

It's really not possible to avoid it, it can only be passed through. Even if you charge away from him he'll still gain on you.

But I've had problems with him when I get flown in the air. It maybe just my unluckiness I guess.

#12 Nov 17, 2007 7:29 PM

DUD

I generaly just let him suck me up as he generaly just tosses Spyro almost straight up if I don't mess with the control stick.  Conversely, I have had the most unpleasant experience of seeing Spyro thrown straight to the side and off the platform where I couldn't recover when I experimented with charging through him.  I guess you've just got the knack for it.

#13 Nov 19, 2007 2:38 AM

LordCrump10

Gaul's second phase is easy. If you start the battle far enough away from him, he'll constantly use Eye Beam/Tornado/Bomb in that order for the ENTIRE fight. I don't know if it's a glitch, but it made him a hell of a lot easier.

Otherwise, Gaul may try to attack you like he did in form one, chasing after you then teleporting to the outer edge of the arena and trying to do a much slower version of a Soldier's slash attack.

That's what I found. Also, after Gaul's health meter is gone, YOU MUST FURY. Otherwise, Gaul will strike you and kill you instantly... and if you die, it's back to round one.

I found his first form harder.

Board footer