Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 08, 2011 5:35 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
From: Illinois
Registered: Jun 01, 2006
Posts: 10,226
Gems: 617
Birthday: 3 April
Gender: Female
Website

"Console war" continuation

This thread is a continuation of an argument that was causing another thread to be off-topic. It started here if you want to read up and join in.

Here's where we left off:

yearofthe wrote:
Stormy wrote:

I don't get why everyone says that. I loved the GameCube.

PS1 > N64 (Has better graphics)
PS2 < GC  (Seriously, the 'disc read errors' were annoying)
PS3 > Wii  (Everything.  Though I love and have the Wii, it doesn't have any good games anymore)

riverhippo wrote:

gasp...


I would like to point out that the PS2 leads all gaming systems in units sold with 150 million.  Gamecube is 12th with 21.7 million--less than one sixth of PS2s.

And maybe fewer units sold doesn't necessarily mean bad gaming, but if it's so great, it's a shame a great system fell so low in the rankings among several user reviews found online.  Even IGN ranks it #16 behind the Dreamcast and Mattel's Intellevision.

I've played the Gamecube.  To me, it was not beginning of Nintendo's downfall, but rather the start of what I call the "generation trap".  While Nintendo was just following suit with what they had earlier, Sony and Sega were taking advantage of every innovation they could.

I am choosing to isolate two arguments.  I can understand enjoying the Gamecube, I just don't agree that it deserves recognition as a great console.  But listing it better than the PS2 is just ignorant.

I'm sorry this turned off-topic with a console war.  I guess it's to be expected though...

But this doesn't answer my question at all. I wanted to know why everyone thinks it's so bad, and you responded with what boils down to "it's bad because everyone thinks it's bad." Well, what is it about the GameCube that caused so few to be sold?

And what was so innovative about the other systems (wait, was the Sega Dreamcast really still around and being "innovative" when the Gamecube came out or am I missing something here?) that the GameCube didn't have? Seriously, I'm not asking because I think you're wrong; I'm asking because I truly don't know.

Finally, it's not "ignorant" to say one system is better than another. Console preference can be based on a number of things, not just the things you mentioned. For example, I would rank it higher than the PS2 because I enjoyed more of the games on it, I liked the controller shape better, it always read my discs with no trouble, it was more affordable, and I thought the graphics looked smoother. I owned both a PS2 and a GameCube. How is that ignorant?


Come watch me play dance games and other stuff on Twitch!

Offline

#2 Mar 08, 2011 5:52 PM

RangerOfIthilien
Member
From: Illinois
Registered: May 12, 2010
Posts: 4,934
Gems: -370
Birthday: 30 March
Age: 28 years old
Gender: Male

Re: "Console war" continuation

To those who think the Gamecube is bad: I beg you to play Resident Evil 4. Sure it's on the PS2 and Wii as well, and with extra content, but it had been a Gamecube exclusive. Also, despite the lack of extra content, the Gamecube version has better graphics and runs far more smoothly than its PS2 counterpart. Load times are virtually non-existant in the Gamecube version. The Gamecube had great potential, few developers chose to do anything with it, (and those who did found their games under the radar simply because people assume Nintendo is only for Mario and don't even buy the console, and they have no choice but to port their games to the PS2) and that is the reason it didn't succeed.


Chessmaster
Level 67

Offline

#3 Mar 08, 2011 5:55 PM

Clock-la
Member
From: Who'll free the dogs?!
Registered: Nov 11, 2009
Posts: 17,238
Gems: 0
Birthday: 19 March

Re: "Console war" continuation

PS3 :3 I own one ((Sorry other fanboys thats my only reson)) Same with realy anything I own hmm so....

i prefer Ds to psp because more games intrest me on the DS

PS3 the same reson they just aint that many JRPGs on the 360, and most of them have got better Ps3 ports tongue

PS2 i got it for christmas and well so manty memorys so its my beloved frave

as for my PS1 well...i got that AFFTER my Ps2 as odd as it seems but I got the old spyro games and they would not save on a Ps2 memory card so i just got a very cheep Ps1 tongue


Welcome to Nya Nya Nya please just call me Tatsumina no Mikoto Cocona! NYAMO!!
r03z14.jpg
Oh the indignity.

Offline

#4 Mar 08, 2011 5:58 PM

RangerOfIthilien
Member
From: Illinois
Registered: May 12, 2010
Posts: 4,934
Gems: -370
Birthday: 30 March
Age: 28 years old
Gender: Male

Re: "Console war" continuation

Clock-la wrote:

PS3 the same reson they just aint that many JRPGs on the 360, and most of them have got better Ps3 ports tongue

Haha, there is one good one whose PS3 port never made it to America. Tales of Vesperia.

Edit: Also I'd like to say Clock-La: I agree with your logic. If a console has games that I like, I will prefer that console.

For me:

Handheld consoles: Always Nintendo. PSP no has pokemanz
early generation: PS1. Crash Bandicoot & Spyro ftw
previous gen: Gamecube. RE4 and Zelda (edit again: Tales of Symphonia)
current gen: Xbox 360 (Mass Effect series and Vesperia) and Wii (most good current platformers)


Chessmaster
Level 67

Offline

#5 Mar 08, 2011 6:21 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
From: Illinois
Registered: Jun 01, 2006
Posts: 10,226
Gems: 617
Birthday: 3 April
Gender: Female
Website

Re: "Console war" continuation

Handhelds: Nintendo, no contest.
PS1 > N64 (I actually never owned an N64 *gasp* but its lack of Spyro and Crash plus the weird controller means it would have probably lost anyway.)
GameCube > PS2 > Xbox (Never owned an Xbox, but I never heard of any games on it that were interesting to me.)
Current generation: Not sure. I only own the Wii because the other two are so *bleep* expensive, but the games are fun and the motion control in every single game dosen't bug me too much. PS3 has a few games I think I'd like, and online play is free. The 360 has only a few that I care about and has that stupid monthly fee for Xbox Live that just increased. Even though it's supposed to have the best online play of the three, there's no way that could make up for having to pay over $30 a month in my opinion.


Come watch me play dance games and other stuff on Twitch!

Offline

#6 Mar 08, 2011 7:24 PM

riverhippo
Member
From: Dallas, Texas, USA
Registered: Apr 10, 2010
Posts: 2,077
Gems: 1,093

Re: "Console war" continuation

It seems everyone disagrees with me on this, and that's fine.  (Why everyone hate me?)



I think one reason why Gamecube is getting such a good vote here on Spyrofourm is the age difference.  I am 24, which is probably older than the mean age here.  Most people in this argument are between 15 and 20.  Now Gamecube and PS2 are in the same generation, but my video gaming "career" began when I was 4 or 5.

The very first game I played was Burger Time for Atari, and my love for video games sped up with a revolutionary console, the NES.  Most of you guys' video gaming era started 5-10 years later, about the time the SNES had its better years behind it and right before the 'disc' era began.

Back in my childhood days, IMO, Nintendo was awesome.  There were several different types of games that you could play, even some with good depth and replayability.  When the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis (Megadrive) released, the first console war began.  I voted for the SNES.  It had way better games for it, the controls were easy to use, and most of the great games were continuations of franchises from the NES.  However, the Megadrive was revolutionary as well, it was just more overlooked because of the SNES.  I didn't realize this until the Playstation came out, and the reason being--I was so invested in what Nintendo was doing, I figured anything else was crap.

Now, I'm not saying that you guys are doing the same thing, my main point here is that my behavior against the "off-brand" Sega Megadrive during the SNES years could be similar to you guys' Nintendo following during the 64 and GC years.

Maybe I'm looking too far into it.


Another reason could be that on this site, about 99.9% of the users have played a Spyro the Dragon game.  And if you've played Spyro, there's a good chance that you've played other platformers.  Now, I'm not going to say that all of the games for Gamecube are platformers, but Sony's consoles did (and still do) have a larger array of genres than the Gamecube and, unfortunately, have since deemed platformers unpopular games to play.  Gamecube has countless games that have that platformer charm, but it's hard to find a good first person shooter for it.  I enjoyed sports games during this era too, and the Gamecube controller was so incovenient for most of those games.  Basically, the Gamecube controller was ideal for games with two attack buttons.  They made it in such a way that made sense for games where the same one and half buttons are continuously being pressed.

There is no doubt that the Sony consoles, especially PS2 and PS3, are for the hardcore gamer, which I guess best describes me.  The Nintendo consoles, in this case N64 and Gamecube, cater more towards the younger platformer addict, making anyone of these people who do not like the Wii a very unhappy individual because they aren't sure where to turn to.  Many of them probably stopped playing games altogether.  This theory could also explain why the later generation of Spyro games has an unfortunate decline in popularity--We blame it on Activision, lol.


So to summarize what I said in two statements:

1.  A younger generation could be the reason why Gamecube gets more praise.

2.  Sony and Microsoft have fewer Spyro-like games than Nintendo.


e8fc45ea2f294f875c1a5aaf8759e828.gif
Wake me up...    when September ends is here...

Offline

#7 Mar 08, 2011 7:50 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
From: Illinois
Registered: Jun 01, 2006
Posts: 10,226
Gems: 617
Birthday: 3 April
Gender: Female
Website

Re: "Console war" continuation

Now you're making some good points. I think that pretty much sums it up. The GameCube had more platformer-like games which appeal to most of the audience of this forum.

I don't know about "Nintendo following" in my case, though. As I said, I've never owned a Nintendo 64 or any of the previous Nintendo consoles (except the handhelds), but I did own a PSX. To be honest, the only reason I bought a GameCube in the first place was because of Enter the Dragonfly and A Hero's Tail coming out. My brother and I both wanted to play the new Spyro games, so we split the price of the cheapest console half and half. We later got a PS2 to play DDR games, and even after that I ended up liking the GameCube better for the reasons I mentioned before.


Come watch me play dance games and other stuff on Twitch!

Offline

#8 Mar 08, 2011 7:56 PM

Clock-la
Member
From: Who'll free the dogs?!
Registered: Nov 11, 2009
Posts: 17,238
Gems: 0
Birthday: 19 March

Re: "Console war" continuation

KingLambdaThePolish wrote:
Clock-la wrote:

PS3 the same reson they just aint that many JRPGs on the 360, and most of them have got better Ps3 ports tongue

Haha, there is one good one whose PS3 port never made it to America. Tales of Vesperia.

I know its GAY I NEED VESPERIA D:!!!!!!!!  Stil were getting grace F tongue but its not fair i was despret for Vesperia T_T


Welcome to Nya Nya Nya please just call me Tatsumina no Mikoto Cocona! NYAMO!!
r03z14.jpg
Oh the indignity.

Offline

#9 Mar 08, 2011 7:57 PM

riverhippo
Member
From: Dallas, Texas, USA
Registered: Apr 10, 2010
Posts: 2,077
Gems: 1,093

Re: "Console war" continuation

thanks for redirecting the topic, Stormy.  It is a good convo.


EDIT:  ...until Clock-la posted, lol.


e8fc45ea2f294f875c1a5aaf8759e828.gif
Wake me up...    when September ends is here...

Offline

#10 Mar 08, 2011 8:16 PM

Latias fan
Member
From: The Satelite of Love
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Posts: 6,882
Gems: 0

Re: "Console war" continuation

I go for PS3 myself mostly cus i can play for more than 4 hours and it won't overheat leading to the inevtible RROD the 360 has.The online is also free which is nice.And it has much better hardware i hear the slim fixs the hardware but looking at it it probably didn't.

And with the Gamecube their is only 3 games i like on it

Killer 7

Pokemon Collsuiem

Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness


sig.gif
[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/Acynder]Acynder.png[/URL]

Offline

#11 Mar 08, 2011 8:43 PM

Clock-la
Member
From: Who'll free the dogs?!
Registered: Nov 11, 2009
Posts: 17,238
Gems: 0
Birthday: 19 March

Re: "Console war" continuation

riverhippo wrote:

thanks for redirecting the topic, Stormy.  It is a good convo.


EDIT:  ...until Clock-la posted, lol.

*bleep* off!!!

tongue PS3 *swoons* still got loads of games to get hmm im broke ;-;


Welcome to Nya Nya Nya please just call me Tatsumina no Mikoto Cocona! NYAMO!!
r03z14.jpg
Oh the indignity.

Offline

#12 Mar 09, 2011 4:06 AM

RedDragonX
Member
From: New Hampshire
Registered: Nov 05, 2008
Posts: 5,457
Gems: 0
Website

Re: "Console war" continuation

Anyone remember the Dreamcast? That had some potential had it not been for the terrible time it was released. Anyways I love my Playstation products...they keep me very entertained. I might have to invest in a Wii though....


"Everyone has a photographic memory; some just don't have the film."
ps3_la-legende-de-spyro-darkest-hour_1209515151_15-1.jpg

Offline

#13 Mar 09, 2011 4:10 AM

Rurikredwolf
Member
From: Over the Rainbow
Registered: Mar 01, 2008
Posts: 5,167
Gems: 0
Birthday: 14 October
Age: 26 years old
Gender: Male
Website

Re: "Console war" continuation

Personally, I enjoy anything so long as the game is interesting. Gameboy-360, I will play it.


http://rurik-redwolf.deviantart.com/

Harsh, blunt, and even evil on many occasions. What's not to like about me?

Offline

#14 Mar 09, 2011 8:49 AM

Swaffy
Member
Registered: Aug 24, 2008
Posts: 6,587
Gems: 218

Re: "Console war" continuation

As you all know or should know, my gaming life is generally dedicated to
Battlefield games and Spyro games. So here are my top two systems I
play games on:

Xbox 360 - S
PC

Here are my reasons:

[PC vs. all others]
- Battlefield games are huge regarding map size, graphics, multiplayer's
number of players per server, game engine, etc. The PC is great for
these, mainly for higher-end computers.

[Xbox 360 vs. Playstation 3]
- I've read about 7 to 9 Internet articles talking about a comparison
between the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360 [DirectX Box].

Though the Xbox was discriminated becuase the tipping of one can
damage a disk, I never tip or even move my console and therefore isn't a
problem. In all of the years of owning Xbox consoles, I have never had
any issues with them. In fact, the only reason I have had with them is that
they were stolen out of my house by stupid burglars. But even a PS3 can
get stolen.

The PS3, as you may know, has a Blue Ray drive. The Blue Ray drive gets
easily worn out by video game disks due to the stress and work that video
games require. An Xbox 360 drive is tough and can easily handle video
game disks, thus prolonging the life of the drive.

Yes, an Xbox 360 gets heated. That is absolutely no issue to me, as I like
to be warm while playing my games. I really don't like the cold.

There are absolutely no games on the PS3 that I like.

The Xbox 360 controller is, in my personal opinion, a lot easier to use than
a PS3 controller. An Xbox 360 controller also feels nicer in the hand
regarding grip, shape, and the finger's movements on the thumbsticks and
buttons.

Servers on Xbox LIVE get far less lag than the servers on the PS3. In fact,
I never get server lag. If you play Call of Duty and get server lag, it is
because Call of Duty is [without the nedd to explain why] a terrible game
with terrible developers [Treyarch and Infinity Ward]. I play Halo,
Battlefield, and a few other games online and rarely get lag. But every
time I hear someone talk [or type] about Playstation 3 servers, they tell
me about the lag they always get.

Xbox LIVE has a larger community, which means that online games will
always have many players on them regardless of the game's age.

[Xbox 360 vs. Wii]
[I will ignore my dislike towards the Japs and their culture on this one.]

- The Xbox 360 has the Kinect, which I find a lot more interesting than the
Wii's movemet system. The Kinect does not require a controller. The Wii
has controllers with annoying-to-handle nunchucks, and take batteries that
need to be changed every week.

- The avatars for the Wii [untastefully named Miis] look like weird anime
things with no arms or legs. They're like terrible versions of the awesome
Rayman. The Xbox 360 has highly editable avatars that look pleasing and
have special animations for different games and parts of the Dashboard.

Here's my avatar [I just made this video]:

Crap. I spent two hours setting up a video and lost my train of thought.
Well, I guess you can go off of what I already have typed above.

[Edit] I may come back to this post and add some more to it later today.
[It's now 2:50 AM and I need sleep]


2i0zslx_th.jpg8x0xaf_th.jpgdrf14y_th.jpg25euwjd_th.jpg2rwakus_th.jpgo85htj_th.jpg

Offline

#15 Mar 09, 2011 10:39 AM

riverhippo
Member
From: Dallas, Texas, USA
Registered: Apr 10, 2010
Posts: 2,077
Gems: 1,093

Re: "Console war" continuation

Swaffy wrote:

Yes, an Xbox 360 gets heated. That is absolutely no issue to me, as I like
to be warm while playing my games. I really don't like the cold.
[/i]


LOL!!! Are you kidding me?  Is this really a valid reason or just a joke?

And as for Kinect and Move, it sucks that it costs significantly more than the Wii, which has that technology already built in.


e8fc45ea2f294f875c1a5aaf8759e828.gif
Wake me up...    when September ends is here...

Offline

#16 Mar 09, 2011 5:02 PM

Clock-la
Member
From: Who'll free the dogs?!
Registered: Nov 11, 2009
Posts: 17,238
Gems: 0
Birthday: 19 March

Re: "Console war" continuation

riverhippo wrote:
Swaffy wrote:

Yes, an Xbox 360 gets heated. That is absolutely no issue to me, as I like
to be warm while playing my games. I really don't like the cold.
[/i]


LOL!!! Are you kidding me?  Is this really a valid reason or just a joke?

And as for Kinect and Move, it sucks that it costs significantly more than the Wii, which has that technology already built in.

I know but now the wii in a way is well...nothing...If you think about it the thing that made the Wii the Wii has been stolen tongue


Welcome to Nya Nya Nya please just call me Tatsumina no Mikoto Cocona! NYAMO!!
r03z14.jpg
Oh the indignity.

Offline

#17 Mar 09, 2011 9:09 PM

JazzJackrabbit
Member
Registered: Jun 20, 2010
Posts: 1,120
Gems: 0

Re: "Console war" continuation

Nintendo will probably get full HD and usable internet in the next generation.  I don't mind the PS2 graphics in the Wii, but I definitely prefer PS3 and XBox graphics.  I'm still not justified in buying one of the others.


Yo, Spyro
I'm really happy for you, but Jazz Jackrabbit is one of the best platformers of all time.

OF ALL TIME!

Offline

#18 Mar 09, 2011 10:50 PM

ontels
Member
From: England
Registered: Dec 03, 2006
Posts: 6,643
Gems: 0

Re: "Console war" continuation

I think the Wii has better graphics than the PS2...


wink

Offline

#19 Mar 09, 2011 10:53 PM

Swaffy
Member
Registered: Aug 24, 2008
Posts: 6,587
Gems: 218

Re: "Console war" continuation

Speaking of graphics between the PS3 and the Xbox 360, they are nearly
identical in video games. And with proper HD television, the Xbox 360's
HD graphics in movies are nearly the same as the PS3's Blue Ray drive.

That is my personal observation.


2i0zslx_th.jpg8x0xaf_th.jpgdrf14y_th.jpg25euwjd_th.jpg2rwakus_th.jpgo85htj_th.jpg

Offline

#20 Mar 09, 2011 10:55 PM

ontels
Member
From: England
Registered: Dec 03, 2006
Posts: 6,643
Gems: 0

Re: "Console war" continuation

It's a proven fact that the PS3 is more powerfull than the xbox 360, if the games look the same it's the develapers fault.


wink

Offline

#21 Mar 09, 2011 11:07 PM

Latias fan
Member
From: The Satelite of Love
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Posts: 6,882
Gems: 0

Re: "Console war" continuation

Swaffy wrote:

Speaking of graphics between the PS3 and the Xbox 360, they are nearly
identical in video games. And with proper HD television, the Xbox 360's
HD graphics in movies are nearly the same as the PS3's Blue Ray drive.

That is my personal observation.

This is true just look at Final Fantasy 13 exact same graphics.


sig.gif
[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/Acynder]Acynder.png[/URL]

Offline

#22 Mar 10, 2011 7:40 AM

riverhippo
Member
From: Dallas, Texas, USA
Registered: Apr 10, 2010
Posts: 2,077
Gems: 1,093

Re: "Console war" continuation

Latias fan wrote:
Swaffy wrote:

Speaking of graphics between the PS3 and the Xbox 360, they are nearly
identical in video games. And with proper HD television, the Xbox 360's
HD graphics in movies are nearly the same as the PS3's Blue Ray drive.

That is my personal observation.

This is true just look at Final Fantasy 13 exact same graphics.

The further we get into graphic engine technology, the less significant graphic quality will become.  64bit consoles have a significant appearance over 32bit, because 64 is twice the resolution as 32.  But now we're getting into an age where we are splitting hairs between the different in bits.  The difference between a 128bit console and 256bit console are not nearly as noticable, even though it's still twice as many bits.

The gaming industry is being forced to create more enjoyable storylines, better gameplay, and originality in the artwork of the game.  Usually a phrase like, "Woah! That game has amazing graphics," comes from someone who has lived under a rock for the past 10 years of his video gaming life.

And the movie industry has encountered a similar interesting situation.  Special effects have been so "effective" that when people actually see things shown on tv in real life, or they wittness a spectacular explosion or event, they are immediately reminded of the action movie they watched last summer and instead of comparing a movie as being like 'real life,' they suggest that the real life situation they experienced was 'just like a movie.'  It's funny how we got that mixed up.

PS3 wins the battle for 7th gen graphics, IMO.  It may also be the last graphics battle.  Or, we may find the answer to the question, "Can a video game have more resolution than real life?" very soon...


e8fc45ea2f294f875c1a5aaf8759e828.gif
Wake me up...    when September ends is here...

Offline

#23 Mar 10, 2011 11:10 AM

ontels
Member
From: England
Registered: Dec 03, 2006
Posts: 6,643
Gems: 0

Re: "Console war" continuation

Graphics still have a long way to go before they compare to real life. Whenever you watch a pre-rendered movie in a game you can easily tell it's pre-rendered. Even this film which was made 7 years ago is much better than the real-time graphics we have today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UID6LEzvRRo


wink

Offline

#24 Mar 10, 2011 4:01 PM

Apoc
Member
From: Sigil
Registered: Oct 04, 2009
Posts: 3,874
Gems: 0
Birthday: 18 June
Age: 27 years old
Gender: Male

Re: "Console war" continuation

Swaffy wrote:

As you all know or should know, my gaming life is generally dedicated to
Battlefield games and Spyro games. So here are my top two systems I
play games on:

Xbox 360 - S
PC

Here are my reasons:

[PC vs. all others]
- Battlefield games are huge regarding map size, graphics, multiplayer's
number of players per server, game engine, etc. The PC is great for
these, mainly for higher-end computers.

[Xbox 360 vs. Playstation 3]
- I've read about 7 to 9 Internet articles talking about a comparison
between the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360 [DirectX Box].

Though the Xbox was discriminated becuase the tipping of one can
damage a disk, I never tip or even move my console and therefore isn't a
problem. In all of the years of owning Xbox consoles, I have never had
any issues with them. In fact, the only reason I have had with them is that
they were stolen out of my house by stupid burglars. But even a PS3 can
get stolen.

The PS3, as you may know, has a Blue Ray drive. The Blue Ray drive gets
easily worn out by video game disks due to the stress and work that video
games require. An Xbox 360 drive is tough and can easily handle video
game disks, thus prolonging the life of the drive.

Yes, an Xbox 360 gets heated. That is absolutely no issue to me, as I like
to be warm while playing my games. I really don't like the cold.

There are absolutely no games on the PS3 that I like.

The Xbox 360 controller is, in my personal opinion, a lot easier to use than
a PS3 controller. An Xbox 360 controller also feels nicer in the hand
regarding grip, shape, and the finger's movements on the thumbsticks and
buttons.

Servers on Xbox LIVE get far less lag than the servers on the PS3. In fact,
I never get server lag. If you play Call of Duty and get server lag, it is
because Call of Duty is [without the nedd to explain why] a terrible game
with terrible developers [Treyarch and Infinity Ward]. I play Halo,
Battlefield, and a few other games online and rarely get lag. But every
time I hear someone talk [or type] about Playstation 3 servers, they tell
me about the lag they always get.

Xbox LIVE has a larger community, which means that online games will
always have many players on them regardless of the game's age.

[Xbox 360 vs. Wii]
[I will ignore my dislike towards the Japs and their culture on this one.]

- The Xbox 360 has the Kinect, which I find a lot more interesting than the
Wii's movemet system. The Kinect does not require a controller. The Wii
has controllers with annoying-to-handle nunchucks, and take batteries that
need to be changed every week.

- The avatars for the Wii [untastefully named Miis] look like weird anime
things with no arms or legs. They're like terrible versions of the awesome
Rayman. The Xbox 360 has highly editable avatars that look pleasing and
have special animations for different games and parts of the Dashboard.

Here's my avatar [I just made this video]:

Crap. I spent two hours setting up a video and lost my train of thought.
Well, I guess you can go off of what I already have typed above.

[Edit] I may come back to this post and add some more to it later today.
[It's now 2:50 AM and I need sleep]

Agreed.

Also the PC has Games For Windows - LIVE which is linked to XBOX LIVE but the only difference is that GFWL is free. Plus GFWL is WAAAAAY better than Steam. Bloody Steam. >.<


planescape_torment_by_runtimerror-d344sle.png

Offline

#25 Mar 10, 2011 4:15 PM

ontels
Member
From: England
Registered: Dec 03, 2006
Posts: 6,643
Gems: 0

Re: "Console war" continuation

Well actually GFWL (much like the reel live...) allways screws up for me while steam never has.


wink

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB