Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov 09, 2009 2:59 PM

Miskatakeable
Gems: 0

Spyro 3: Year Of The Dragon Soundtrack - Your favourite(s)?

I really don't know if a topic has already been made about the phenomenal music of this game, but anyhow..I'll continue.

Stewart Copeland is a genious. I just love the music of this game. Could you really play Bamboo Village or Midnight Mountains without music? I guess you couldn't. The music is stunning. Copeland really knew how to compose music which would fit with the levels. Really gives the atmosphere. Every Spyro track is stunning, not just the ones in Spyro 3.

The songs are just well-put together. Let's take Midday Gardens as an example. The song begins with the arctic wind sound and the groovy drum. Amazing. Then starts the bass line with the keyboard notes and the robotic sounds. Amazing.

I am a bass player and I sometimes jam around with my acoustic guitar. I absolutely love playing along to the songs. I haven't figured out almost any of the songs on bass and acoustic though..  One night I just played Midday Gardens by ear like that, and it was my first try playing it. I played the bass line on acoustic..It was 11 PM and I was alone in my room, lights out and sitting by the computer, playing in the light of the monitor.

I hope there's a lot of other people who like to listen to or play along to the songs.  smile

Have you ever wanted to swim in the various pools and ponds and lakes of the Spyro trilogy? Taking a swim in the small pool in the courtyard in Autumn Plains with all of the world characters..unreal.

#2 Nov 09, 2009 4:04 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

Re: Spyro 3: Year Of The Dragon Soundtrack - Your favourite(s)?

Yay, I hoped for this topic!

I rly like the speedway music (It's the same everywhere) and Fireworks Factory, just too awesome! Also, there are those levels with sgt. Byrd in it and... I guess it is enchanted towers.

Stewart Copeland made the best Spyro-music there was, and I still w8 for a CD or OSt...

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#3 Nov 11, 2009 5:55 AM

Miskatakeable
Gems: 0

Re: Spyro 3: Year Of The Dragon Soundtrack - Your favourite(s)?

Thanks for replying.

Hm, the speedway music really fits all of the speedways, but in fact, the speedway music track for all of the levels in the normal version is really the Harbor Speedway track in the Collector's Edition. The Lost Fleet track is Sheila's Alp with an added accordion sound. Dino Mines, Haunted Tomb, Crystal Islands, Sorceress's Lair, Evening Lake and the Enchanted Towers Skate Park all have their own music.

In the normal version, Dino Mines has the music from Molten Crater. Sorceress's Lair shares the music with Spike's Arena, Crystal Islands has the same music from Seashell Shore, the Enchanted Towers Skate Park has the same music from Desert Ruins, Haunted Tomb has the Cloud Spires music, Lost Fleet has the Super Bonus Round track, and Evening Lake has the Sunrise Spring track. All of the speedways have their own music, except that Harbor Speedway has the track from the normal version.

I think the Collector's Edition is the best one musically. I found the accordion Sheila's Alp suitable for Lost Fleet, and the Evening Lake track was amazing. Evening Lake is my favourite homeworld too. I love the huge lake and the mellow atmosphere, it looks so beautiful with the castle and the sunset and all.

E: I also like KH, it's cool that there's a lot of KH fans here. KH is one of those unforgettable games for the PS2. The music and the levels are amazing. I was 7 years old when KH 1 was released, I still remember the first day of playing it. I was freaked out by the Shadows coming out of the ground everywhere on the island, lol. I also remember the Traverse Town 2nd District fights, I can't forget the man whose heart was stolen by the Soldier which was chasing him.

Have you ever wanted to swim in the various pools and ponds and lakes of the Spyro trilogy? Taking a swim in the small pool in the courtyard in Autumn Plains with all of the world characters..unreal.

Board footer