DragonOfDrakness1992
Gems: 0
Website

Re: The Legend Of Spyro's Siblings: Flood, The Wave Rider

#27 Feb 17, 2009 5:28 PM

Spyrorox

Ok, next the chapter is ready! Also, I’m going on a camping trip for the next few days and since there is no computers, won’t be able to post. Anyway, there is only a fewchapters left, since this story is shorter then the Red Diamond. But enjoy this one!

Chapter 8: Competions and Confessions

In an underwater cavern…..
“Today is the day.” Tsuna said, her claws tracing the crystal ball she was looking through. “I have all the water drainers set. All I have to do is what for the Aqua D to begin, and all the water dragons to get in the ocean, and it’s bye bye land.” She cackled slightly. “And bye bye to my old rival, Fyra. The water goddess will over power the fire goddess today.” She smiled deviously and slined to the pool at the back of the cavern. “I’ll wait.” She announced. “I’ll wait until it starts, then Tsuna will enter this ocean.”

Flood slept very well, musing over the nights events. “So Ashley is my unofficial girlfirend.” He resolved. “That answers a lot of things.” But one question still roamed his brain. “Who was his mother?”……

The next day, Flood, Ashley, and Aurora all headed back to the island. As soon as they landed, Soak came running out. “Aurora! Your ok!” He said, dashing up to her. “Of course. Why?” “No r-reason.” Soak insisted, turning a deep shade of red. Aurora giggled. “Your pretty cute for such a tough looking dragon, Soak.” She said, still laughing. “Wow, she bounces back fast.” Flood muttered, chuckling a little. He turned to Ashley, who had been quiet for most of the trip. “Well, todays’ the day.” She finally said. “The Aqua D?! Already?” Flood was shocked. “Yeah. Haven’t you been paying attention?” Flood sighed. Ashley was back to herself. “Anyway, we’d better wax our boards.” “Right.” Ashley agreed. They stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say next, until a competing water dragon handed them their boards and two bars of wax. “Wax away, you guys.” They immediately obliged. They spent a good 15 minutes waxing their boards, until Flood felt a drop of rain on his snout. “Huh?” He glanced up, and saw swirling gray clouds, looking as though they were ready to dump truckloads of water on the dragons below. “Storms coming.” He observed. “Flood…” Ashley suddenly said. “Hm?” “You know the other day….Well, what I’m trying to say is…” She stuttered, and Flood saw her red scales turn redder. “I….I…” She stuttered, her scales shaking. “I…..I love you Flood!” She finally yelled. Flood dropped his wax bar. “Huh?” Was all he could say. Ashley glared at him. “You heard me! Don’t make me say it again you stupid water dragon!” Flood hardly noticed her attempt to be mean. “Ashley…..I…..” Flood began to say. “I…well, I guess I love you too.” The dragons around them whirled to face the two, shocked. “Really?” Ashley asked quietly. “Really and truly?” “Yeah.” He admitted. They looked at each other for a while, and then Ashley noticed the crowd and turned back to Flood. “Idiot.” She said. “Of course you decide to confess in front of all these people.” Flood wanted to say she was the one to confess first, but didn’t. Instead, he picked up the wax bar and pretended to be really focused on waxing his surfboard. The crowd muttered a bit, but didn’t say anything aloud. “Were still gonna be competitive in the Aqua D, right? Even though we just confessed?” Ashley asked when the crowd turned back to waxing.  “Um, sure.” Flood admitted. “Good, ‘cause your about to get your tail whipped, water dragon.” She said jokingly. “Yeah, well I’m not going easy on you either, fire dragon!” He joked back. They finished off their surf boards and set them on the rack to dry. Flood trotted over to the cove where the Aqua D would be held. Huge leaf banners were strung across from pal tree to palm tree reading “Aqua D”. The judges’ booths were also ready, and camera dragons were setting up to video it all. “This is it.” Flood told himself. “The day I’ve been waiting for.” He suddenly felt saddened. “I never figured out who my mom was.” He sighed. “Well, maybe I’ll never know.” He brightened up and went over to his hut to get ready. He took a few deep breathes to calm himself, before hearing the announcer. “The Aqua D is about to begin!” He yelled. Flood saw thousands of tourists gathered to watch, and the competitors getting their boards. He went out to get his own. “This is Tropic Isle, live, on the day of the Aqua D!” A reporter said to the filming dragons. “As you can see, the weather is sure to shake up the competition with the coming thunder storm. Behind me is where the surfers will be showing off their moves as the competition rages. The fight for the Aqua D cup begins today!” Flood turned his focus on getting his board. He met the other competitors getting ready. “Ready, Ashley?” He asked, trotting up to her. “As I’ll ever be.” She sighed. “Competitors, please make your way to the starting line!” Flood shuddered with anticipation. He walked over to where a line had been drawn on the sand and got his board ready. “All the competitors are lined up, and the competition should began shortly!” The crowd cheered. Thunder clapped and the waves towered over the water below at fearful heights. “Flood…” Ashley said. “What if….What if we don’t make it?” Flood looked at her. “I can breath underwater, and you insisted that you won’t have any trouble, so what’s the problem?” “Well, we probably will make it, but just in case we don’t…..” She turned to him, and suddenly closed her eyes, leaning in. Flood realized with shock that she wanted to kiss him. He mimicked her, and could almost feel her lips against his, when the announcer blew the whistle. “GO!” He yelled. Flood immediately opened his eyes, grabbed his board, and charged into the ocean. He started paddling rapidly, making it over the first wave. “Flood will start!” Flood took a deep breath, and waited for the wave. As soon as it hit, he jumped on his hind legs and, using his tail, glided smoothly to the base of the wave. The peak of it crashed beside him, enveloping him in a giant tube. He then dipped his tail in the water and steered toward the foam, bursting out of the wave and smoothly sailing into the calm section of the ocean. The crowed cheered like crazy, and the judges revealed scores of 9, 8, and 9. “Next, Ashley!” The announcer yelled. The fire dragon got ready for the wave to pick her up, and right as it did, she allowed it to take her to the top. Right as the wave peaked, she swerved side ways and began breathing fire against the wave as she skidded across, leaving a cloud of steam to cover up the wave. By the end, a beautiful mist hovered over the water. “8, 10, and 8 for the fire dragon!” Yelled the announcer. “This is going great.” Thought Flood. But he was never wronger……

“Now’s my chance!” Tsuna yelled triumphantly. “All the water dragons are in the cove.” She  plunged into the pool. She swam through the water, stirring up waves wherever she went. It just so happened at the time, however, that the Drakolphins were passing through. “What’s that?” What of the asked. “No clue, but it’s headed toward the cove!” “Flood‘s there!” The younger one yelled. He was Douse, the Drakolphin motioned in the first chapter to be Flood’s non-blood brother. He quickly swam toward the competitors. “Gotta warn Flood!” He kept telling himself. He finally made it to his borther’s board. “Flood!” He yelled to the water dragon. “Douse?” Flood asked with disbelief. “Hey, Douse! What brings you here?” “Flood! You have to get out of the water!” “But I’m next for the second rounds!” “But Flood….” “I don’t have time, Douse. Here’s my wave.” He left the Drakolphin behind and paddled to the center. “Flood Look out!” He managed, before Tsuna began raising over the water. Flood whirled around with shock as a dragon, as big as Fyra if not bigger, rose out of the water, her scales reflecting the water even though there was no sun. ‘Hello, water dragons. Welcome to the flooding of land.” Her voice boomed, and she thrashed her tail, causing a huge wave to come and crash. Flood realized with horror that one of the dragons to wipe out from it was Ashley. She lay coughing on the sand, glancing up at the huge dragoness. “What is that?” Is all she managed. Tsuna laughed and suddenly began glowing, and all the water dragons were pulled toward her. “Now, for the finale!” She yelled, and the water dragons felt their energy drain from them. “Of course, there’s that one bad side effect….” Tsuna explained. “All the water dragons will be destroyed. But who cares.” Flood, who had not been pulled to her yet, started paddling away at full speed. Tsuna realized this and grabbed him with her huge paw. “What have we here?” Suddenly, her eyes grew wide. “You….” Was all she could manage. Then raised her paw, and Flood braced himself to be slammed against the water for whatever reason, when Aquella flew across to her and yelled out. “Tsuna! The water goddess.” The dragoness turned. “What do you want?” “I don’t know what your plotting, but I’m getting all the water dragons out safely!” “I wouldn’t. Unless you’d like to see your friend here, Flood is what you named him, smashed.” Aquella glanced at Flood, then  she apparently realized something. “You would never hurt Flood, a nd you know why.” She said with confidence. Tsuna turned to her and back to Flood, not saying anything. “Go on.” Aquella insisted. “Don’t keep him in the dark.” Tsuna turned back to Flood. “I suppose he should know, but it’s not stopping my plans.” She turned to him. “Flood,” She said seriously, staring at him in the eyes. “I am your mother.”

Well, I’m leaving it at a cliff hanger for now! Stay tuned!

Chillin' like a dragon

#28 Feb 17, 2009 7:27 PM

DragonOfDrakness1992
Website

WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 Mar 22, 2009 7:26 PM

Spyrorox

Ok, next chap is FINALLY ready, and Spyro and Cynder will make an appearance. I apologize for the month-long delay! Enjoy!

Chapter 9: Wipe Out

“I am your mother.” Flood stared at her, dazed. Tsuna, the water goddess who wanted to destroy land, was his mother? “I-I don’t believe that!” He yelled. “My mom would never do such a thing!” Tsuna stared down at the tiny dragon, her eyes still evil but with a hint of pain. “It’s true, my son. You are part god, and I’ve always been your mother. Remember your power to turn into a puddle of water? It’s proof that you are; only the draklings of a god can change form.” “That explains why Ashley can turn into a flame.” He told himself. But then he shook his head and focused on the matter at hand. “Why? Why are you trying to flood the land?” The huge goddess sighed. “It’s best for all of us. I even named you after my plan about flooding land. Understand, son. In fact, why not join me?” Flood was shocked at what he heard. Join the dragon that was trying to destroy the earth? And yet, it was his mom, someone he’d been looking for since he arrived at the island. “Consider it well, Flood. Help water rule the world, and I’d give you the endless power I’d meant to give you so long ago.” “Endless power?” Flood thought about living in a world of water. Food would be plentiful, he would have no limits, and he could finally live with a family. But then a name struck his head: Ashley! He would live in a world without Ashley! “No, I refuse!” He yelled defiantly. “Come on, son.” Tsuna insisted, and she thrusted Flood up to eye level. “You know you want to live with water, with a goddess.” Flood saw her eyes begin to glow, and he began to sway on unsteady legs as the eyes hypnotized him. “Yes, I do.” Flood repeated. “No, Flood! Don’t give in!” Aquella’s voice was barely heard, and Tsuna quickly whipped her away with her tail. “Right choice, my son! Now let’s sap the power from these water dragons!” She began to glow once more and the water dragon yelled out in pain as blue orbs were raised from their chest and flew over to Tsuna. “Yes, their aqua orbs are the power I need!” Suddenly, the water began to rise at her waist level. “It’s time.” She said, and the water began to collect even more rapidly. “Now, my son, of course you know I need your power to. So give me your orb. “No, Flood!” Ashley yelled out, flying rapidly to him. “Don’t-” She was cut of as Tsuna clawed at her with her free paw. “No, give it to me!” Flood slowly obeyed under his trance,  and the orb formed in front of his chest. “Now, give it….” Suddenly, Tsuna felt a sharp pain on her back. “What the?!” She began, but when she turned she was immediately melee by a purple blur. “Stop this, water god!” Said a voice. Looking up, she saw a purple dragon, followed by a black dragon. It was Spyro and Cynder. “What? The purple dragon lives?”  She gasped with disbelief. “Yes, and he’s about to whip a water godess’ tail end!” “As will me.” Cynder added. “Remember, the doom dragon?” Tsuna, like all the other dragons, new clearly about Cynder as well. “Distractions! All I needed…” She threw back her head and shot a beam of light at the sky, and almost instantly the storm exploded with wind and rain drops. Spyro and Cynder got pushed back by the wind, and spiraled down into the sand on the beach. “You’d better not mess with our brother!” Spyro yelled out as he saw Tsuna scoop up Flood as he tried to swim away. “Now, the orb.” She demanded, her eyes glowing once more. “No, Flood!” Ashley voice yelled over the clapping thunder. “I have to save him!” She told Spyro and Cynder. “We won’t stop you.” They managed weakly. Beating her wings against the whipping rain drops, Ashley took off toward the ocean. “Another one?” Tsuna said, sound bored. “I’ll end this quick.” She lashed her tail out to whip Ashley away, but the fire dragon dodged and kept coming, until she landed on Tsuna’s paw right next to Flood. “Flood! Snap out of it!” She begged. But Flood was deep in his trance, and didn’t notice Ashleys’ voice. Tsuna turned back to Flood. “Forget that fire dragon, Flood. Your soul remains with me. Now, the orb, if you please.” Flood noticed robotically, and the orb began to form in front of his chest. “No, Flood!” She yelled. “Remember!” Flood turned to her, but didn’t not remember her. “I don’t know who you are.” He said blankly. “Ashley!” She said again, close to tears. “The fire dragon!” Flood still shook his head, and the orb continued to form. Ashley was so desperate she hardly though of what she did next. “Maybe you need something to remind you.” She suddenly said, and before Flood could think she ran forward, clasped his head in her paws and planted a kiss right on his lips. Tsuna’s eyes grew huge in shock. The beach dragons gasped. Ashley then broke the kiss, and looked into his eyes. “Remember now?” She asked softly. Flood, who had been snapped from his trance, nodded. “Yes….Yes, Ashley, I do.” He turned back to Tsuna, his orb vanishing. “You may be my blood mother, but your no mother of mine!” He yelled defiantly. Suddenly, he began to rise up. Ashley watched with shock at what she was seeing, as the rain drops began circling around him, forming what looked like a funnel. He then turned to Tsuna, and his eyes shot open, and the funnel slammed right into the huge dragon’s chest. “No!” She roared in agony as the orb she had been collecting flew back to there owners. The water dragons snapped out of there trance and swam back at top speed to the beach. As the funnel faded, Tsuna turned to her son. “My son,” She said, sounding surprisingly calm. “That’s some power you’ve got there.“ She sighed. “I suppose your happiness is more important then mine.” She looked at him, only this time without glowing eyes. “If you truly want to live on this land, I shall spare it.” Flood looked her, slightly surprised, but then bowed. “Thanks, mum. As you can see, I have all I want right here.” He turned to Ashley, his eyes glittering. She stared at him dreamily back, and he turned back to Tsuna. “Ok, son. So be it. I shall retreat back to my caverns.” With one last look at her son, she put him back down into the water and swam back to where she had originally risen. Then, a giant whirlpool opened and she plunged back down into the water, disappearing from sight. Flood and Ashley turned back to each other. “Crazy day, huh?” Flood finally said, after awkward silence. “Yeah.” Ashley agreed. Suddenly, the water began to pull out once more. “What?!” Flood stared as they sat on sand, the water having been pulled all the way to the center of the cove. “But she said?!…..” Flood couldn’t believe what was about to happen. Had Tsuna lied? Suddenly, her voice boomed, as if to answer his question. “I did not lie, Flood. But I need to know how much you cherish this land of yours. This will be your test. If you can stay on for the entire wave, I will not return.” Flood stared with horror as a huge wave, about the size of Tsuna herself, began to form/ Screams of terror came from the dragons on the cove. Suddenly, Flood felt himself be picked up and lifted by two paws, and noticed Spyro and Cynder. “Will help you get to the top, Flood.” Spyro promised. “But after that, it’s all you. Land’s fate relies on this wave.” Cynder handed him a board, and the two flew Flood over the wave. The storm once again picked up, and Spyro and Cynder were harshly blown back. “It’s all you, Flood!” They yelled, and let go of Flood with his board right as they were shoved backward into the giant rocks surrounding the cove. Flood felt himself fall and fall, and the giant wave grew closer and closer. He heard voices chanting “Flood! Flood!” above the roar of the wave. “They rely on me.” He told himself. Above the voices, he heard Ashleys’ voice ring out his name loudest. Memories flashed of the times he spent with Ashley, the good memories and bad. All the way up to the kiss, that had snapped him from his trance. He stared determined at the wave as his board prepared to land on it. “I won’t let you down, Ashley, no matter what happens!”
Well, there’s Chap. 9! Stay tuned!

Chillin' like a dragon

#30 Mar 28, 2009 1:30 PM

Spyro man 123

ONE OF THE BEST FAN FIC EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i read it all till Chap 9.
SPYRO AND CYNDER, THAT WAS COOL DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING.

#31 Apr 07, 2009 5:40 PM

Spyrorox

Alright, LAST CHAPTER EVERYONE! I know this one was slightly shorter then the others, but I hope you enjoy it!
Chapter 10: Tsunmi

“I’ll make it for you, Ashley!” Flood yelled out. Right then, his board skimmed the wave and he began going down. Panic pulsed through him as he looked up at the wave peaking above him, ready to crash down when the time comes. “Just wait,  mom. I’ll show you!” He swiveled down the wave, aiming to get to the bottom before it crashed. But the wave was faster, and it began crashing almost a tail-length behind him. He got down on his underbelly and paddled for all he was worth, thrashing his tail in an effort to make it to the “safe zone“. He felt the water tugging at him, threatening to sweep him up. “Wait a second,” He suddenly said. “Tsuna!” He yelled out. “Exactly what am I suppose to do? Get to the bottom” Tsuna’s voice boomed in answer. “ No, the top. See that flag on the cliff your passing?” Flood looked, and saw that a bright blue flag was lodged in the cliff beside him. “Grab it, and stick it on that rock to your left.” Flood looked, and saw a huge pillar shaped rock loom before him. “How am I suppose to get up there?” He wondered aloud. As if to answer, the wave shook and lifted him up, scaling the sides of the rock and threatening to smash him into them. “I need to do this.” He murmured, clutching the board beneath his claws. Flood peered down below, only to regret it. The rocks below looked like ants, and Flood suddenly felt light headed and wobbled slightly. “No, stay on!” He told himself. He glanced up, and saw the top of the pillar, many other flags scattered around it. “Apparently I’m not the only one whose been up here.” He muttered. Yet, no flags were on the direct top. “Just a bit closer, I can do this!” The wave carried him right to the top, so he could see the flat surface. “Made it! Now, the flag….” suddenly, the wave lurched and began curving above him, as if to crush him. “No!” He yelled out, desperately flashing out his flag and trying to stick it on the top. He felt it plunge into rock, but it was to soon for victory. The wave crashed down, crushing his board to splinters, and Flood began to fall. He flailed his wings violently as hit the water below hard, like doing a belly flop from a 60 foot diving board. Pain pulsed through him, and as he gasped for air, all he got was a mouth full of salt water. “Help!” he managed weakly. He seemed to no longer be able to breath underwater, and panic surged through him. He broke to the surface and gasped for breath, only to be plunged underneath by another wave. He vision suddenly felt blurry, and he felt light-headed. Slowly, he began to sink. “Ashley….I’m sorry….” He managed as he fell. Suddenly, he saw a flash of red scales above him, swimming with a paw stretched out. He managed to stick out his own paw, and felt oddly warm scales grab his cold paw. It was then he released the grip on his mind, and fell into darkness, unconscious….

Flood woke up to sun shining down on him. He coughed up a few mouthfuls of salt water, and slowly opened his eyes to see Ashley peering down at him with a worried face. Her scales looked damp. It was then it hit him; Ashley had saved him! Slowly, Flood sat up and  looked at her, smiling. “ ‘I can take care of myself’ ” Flood weakly joked, in a girly tone to match Ashley’s. Joy overcame Ashley to see he as ok, and she immediately grabbed him in a hug. “Flood! Your alive!” She exclaimed, hugging him tighter. “Yeah. But I won’t be for long if you keep squeezing the life out of my scales.” Ashley let go of Flood and looked at him, happiness in her eyes. “ You saved me once, so now were equal.” She whispered. Flood slowly nodded. The looked at each other dreamily, and leaned in for a kiss, when a voice yelled out “Hey, Flood!” Flood turned to see Aurora padding up. “Your ok!” She too hugged him, and Flood shot a look over her shoulder, fearful Ashley would be brimming with jealousy. But the fire dragon just nodded, and Flood sighed. Aurora let go, and looked at Flood. “Good thing you made it.” She told him. Flood could see a small glimmer of sorrow in her eyes, and knew she still had hidden feelings for him. “I’m sorry it didn’t work out, I mean, between us…..” He murmured to her. She put his tail over his mouth to silence him. “It’s ok. You have Ashley, and I have Soak.” Quietly, she added. “Maybe in another life….” And glanced deep in his eyes, before padding over to Soak. Flood stared after her, then turned to Ashley. “Sorry about that…” he told her. “It’s fine.” She insisted. “She’s a good girl. By the way…” Suddenly Ashley remembered something.  “I’m…sorry, about the way I treated you. I always liked you, but wasn’t grateful, and….” Flood took her head in his paws and kissed her lips to silence her. “Don’t be.” He told her, breaking the kiss. “I can understand.” Jokingly, he added. “I was probably so irrestible, you weren’t sure how to act…” He immediately regretted it. “What did you say?!” she demanded. “N-Nothing!” Flood stammered. But it was too late for that. “THAT’S IT!” Ashley yelled out, smoke spiraling from her nostrils. “Oh, Malefor.” Flood cussed under his breath. “Run!” The sound that followed was that of Flood yelling out as flames engulfed his scales, begging for mercy as he ran for his life. “FLOOD! GET BACK HERE SO I CAN TOAST YOY PROPERLY!” Ashley kept yelling. "We'd better go." Spyro suggested to Cynder as they watched the two dragons. "Our work here is done." With that, they took off, away from the island to places unkown. The sun shown down on Flood and Ashley as they ran on the glistening sand, their love-hate relationship clearly on the “hate” for the rest of the day…..

THE END

Well, that concludes it! I know it was shorter, but I had a lot of fun writing it. And yes, Flood and Ashley do end up together, if you were wondering. I’ll start working on the next Spyro’s Siblings pretty soon, so keep a look out!

Chillin' like a dragon

#32 Apr 07, 2009 8:00 PM

DragonOfDrakness1992
Website

Nice ending XD

And please tell me when the next story is up (^_^)

Board footer