The Legend Of Spyro's Siblings: Flood, The Wave Rider

Chillin' like a dragon

#2 Dec 20, 2008 7:16 AM

DragonOfDrakness1992
Gems: 0
Website

Re: The Legend Of Spyro's Siblings: Flood, The Wave Rider

Good start.
and let me guess: they will fall in love?

#3 Dec 20, 2008 5:28 PM

Spyrorox

You'll see wink

Chillin' like a dragon

#4 Dec 20, 2008 6:19 PM

Malefor

I can't wate for MOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Ceiling falls down again*

#5 Dec 21, 2008 12:27 AM

Spyrorox

Ch. 2 is ready! Enjoy!

Ch 2: Fire and Water Equals One Thing: Steam

….If only the dragons knew the future, however….

As Flood stormed off, another hula dancing dragon gave him a flyer. “Come to the Luau tonight! Food, games, and entertainment!” Flood glanced at the flyer. It looked fun enough, a good time passer. Besides, maybe he’d find about a bit more about his past and maybe find his parents. Flood spent the rest of the day tourist shopping, and even got to customise his own board. He asked for a blue board, with a white “F” on it for Flood. They board-makers even added a small wave at the peak of the “F”. After getting his board, Flood went to the 1st hut on the beach and settled in, not minding the tourists as much as whoever chose the huts down the beach. Soon enough the sun began to set and the Luau was about to start. The tourists stands were slowly taken down and replaced with tiki torches and long banquet tables. Once they began letting guests in, Flood came and began looking for dragons like him. Seeing none, he decided he would just try to focus of the Luau. “Limbo contest over here!” Called one of the hosts. “Hey, I might be good at this!” Flood told himself. He went over and lined up, watching as tourist dragons attempted to go under the bar. By the time he reached the front, no one seemed to be able to go under. The  pole itself was only a half foot of the ground. “Wanna see how low you can go?” The host ask Flood. “Sure!” Suddenly, a thought came to Flood. He let himself melt into a puddle of water, and slipped right under the pole. When he reshaped, the host yelled, “Now that’s low! We have a winner!” “Yes!” Flood cheered. “Not so fast, Flood.” Said a familiar female voice. Flood’s eyes narrowed when he saw Ashley walk up. She snapped her fingers, and immediately where Ashley stood, a small, flickering flame appeared. It darted forward and went straight under the stick, burning it in the process. Once it got to the other side, it got bigger and then reshaped back into Ashley. “Well,” said the surprised host. “Looks like we’ve got a draw!” Ashley smiled deviously at Flood. He hissed back. This was the start of there new rivalry. Once everyone was eating, Flood and Ashley just so happened to go over to the same banquet table and both grab a fruit kabob. At first, they just glared at each other, taking off a fruit piece at the same time and carefully eating. Then, Ashley grabbed two pieces and put them in her mouth at the same time. Flood, not wanting to be outweighed, took off 3 and ate them. Seeing the competition, Ashley took off and ate four. The two dragons kept doing this and grabbing a new kabob when one was finished. It wasn’t until they ate half of the huge plate of kabobs that a hostess came up and slapped their hands away, saying “Leave some for the tourists!” But that was only the beginning. When a few dragons went night surfing, Flood and Ashley joined. This time, Flood lied down on the back of his board and waved to Ashley as he rode down a wave, showing off. She once again saw the competition, and did a handstand while riding down a wave. Flood then did a cartwheel. Right as they started doing stunts at the same time, a big wave came and brought them to the shore, once again ending their competition. To make matters worse, their huts were right next to each other. “I hate you!” Ashley yelled to him when she learned this. “I hate you more!” Flood retorted. “Just wait, water dragon. Tomorrow will be my opportunity to finally beat you at something, and no draws!” “Will see about that!” Flood yelled. And the two seemed to argue all night. It was never going to end…or was it?….

Meanwhile, in an underwater cavern,

“Only a few weeks until the Aqua D,” Tsuna, an the evil goddess of waves mused. “And then the land will be over run by water! The world shall be flooded!” She cackled and grinned deviously. “Just wait, Fyra, my beloved rival. Your glorious island is my first target…”

Well, there it is! Stay tuned for ch. 3!

Chillin' like a dragon

#6 Dec 21, 2008 9:48 AM

DragonOfDrakness1992
Website

Good chapter. (^_^)
Thay realy hate each other.
Can't wait to the next chapter.

#7 Jan 02, 2009 12:42 AM

DragonOfDrakness1992
Website

It is some time since you have post a new chapter.
I hope that you are continuing with the story.

#8 Jan 02, 2009 6:56 PM

Spyrorox

Don't worry, I haven't forgot! I was taking a break, that's all. Anyway, I'll post it today.

Chillin' like a dragon

#9 Jan 02, 2009 8:15 PM

Spyrorox

Chillin' like a dragon

#10 Jan 03, 2009 8:25 AM

DragonOfDrakness1992
Website

I haven't read your 4th chapter
because YOU HAVE NOT POSTED CH 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 Jan 03, 2009 5:43 PM

Spyrorox

Wait, that as ch.3!!!!!!!!!!!! I numbered it wrong

Chillin' like a dragon

#12 Jan 03, 2009 9:55 PM

DragonOfDrakness1992
Website

That's why...
But it is a good chapter.
Keep it up. (^_^)

#13 Jan 11, 2009 10:30 AM

DragonOfDrakness1992
Website

#14 Jan 16, 2009 7:13 AM

Spyrorox

Right now! My next chap is readywith a big delay, but there‘s a good reason. See, I’ve been on a ski trip the last few weeks, but on the second to last day, I fractured my thumb after crashing into a tree(ouch). I’m back now, and though it took a while to write a chapter with a fractured thumb, I managed(though the space bar was annoying). This is actually one of my favorite chapters. Enjoy!

Ch. 4: Love Arrow

Flood slept silently, thinking aboutthe recent events. Ashley was part goddess, and had a soft side. He remembered being told she had cried for him, even. “But why is she suddenly so nice?” Flood wondered. But thenanother  question hit him. “Whose my mom?” He thought of the female water dragons on the island, but none of them looked at all like him. He felt a tinge of envy that Ashley had a parent right here on the island, and Flood did not. He sighed. “Well, the Aqua D’s in a few days. Better sleep up…” Suddenly, he heard a rustle outside “Huh?” He peered around, but he didn’t see anyone. “Must have imagined it….” He closed he eyes and began to drift off…..
“So, that’s the water dragon?” A high-pitched female voice asked. Three outlines of small pink dragons shown from behind a palm tree. They were Love Spirits, mischievous servants of the Love Dragoness who liked to play around with dragons’ relationships . “Yup, and the fire dragon lives next door. They hate each other, but I know they have feelings for one another…” “Yeah, but those feelings need a little push, don’t you think?” Asked the leader love spirit. The others giggled and agreed. “Totally.” “Ok, here’s the plan…..”

“Owowow….” Flood moaned. He opened one eye and peered around. With a shock, he realized he was in a cave. But no ordinary cave;  an underground cave. Glancing up, Flood could see a dim light way up high, and he could tell he had washed down a hole in the middle of the jungle. “Wait, how did all the way to the jungle?…” He wondered. Suddenly, he heard something behind him. “Ow, stupid, stupid, stupid SAND!” He immediately recognized the harsh voice: It was Ashley’s. “Ashley?” He said in disbelief. She turned. “FLOOD! YOU DRAGGED ME HERE DIDN’T YOU? I HOPE YOU LIKE YOUR WINGS EXTRA CRISPY!” Flood cringed back as she prepared to blast him with fire. “W-Wait! I don’t know how we ended up here! Understand!” Ashley exhaled some smoke and backed up. “Fine. I believe you. Now let’s get out, I don’t want to spend anymore time here with a water dragon.” Flood shot her an angry look before staring down the long path. “We might as well follow it.” Flood suggested. Ashley scampered ahead of him and yelled for him to hurry up. Flood chuckled slightly and followed. “Man, it’s like nothing happened the day before. It’s back to the old relationship.” He sighed and followed the fire dragon down the path. “I wonder where we are?” Flood wondered aloud. They suddenly burst out to a blue-stoned cave. There were holes in the walls. “Where is this?” They glanced around. “Great, a dead end.” Suddenly, Ashley got another mood swing. “WAIT A GO, FLOOD!!!!! WERE STUCK IN THIS CAVE FOR THE ANCESTORS KNOW HOW LONG!!!!!!!” “Ashley! Try to come down!” Flood said, suddenly afraid to be alone with the angry fire demigoddess. Smoke rose from her nostrils as she pressed on. “OH, I’M JUST GETTING STARTED! I CAN’T WAIT TO BURN YOU TO ASHES, FLOOD! YOU’LL WANT TO HAVE NEVER COME HERE AND GET STUCK WITH THIS FIRE DRAGON!…..” “Hey, this looks like a good time!” Said one of the Love Spirits from inside one of the holes. “Yup.” Agreed the leader, smiling deviously and tapping a vile of pink liquid with her claw. She poured it into a small arrow. “We‘ll go for the fire dragon.” Said the leader. She lined it up with Ashleys’ back, and sent it whistling toward here. “…..WE WOULD HAVE NEVER MET HAD YOU NOT TRIED TO KILL ME, AND WOULD BE ALL……Ow!” She felt the sharp arrow in her back and clapped her hands together where the arrow had hit. “Bug.” she murmured, before continuing. “FLOOD, YOU JERK! YOU IDIOT! YOU….” She trailed off. Flood peered over his wings which he had been hiding behind as she scolded. She stood, frozen, her eyes fixed on Flood. Her vision felt blurring, and slowly Flood began to form back onto her eyes. “Ashley?” He asked, wondering why she stopped abruptly. He began to walk toward her. “Flood…” she said in a new voice. Suddenly, she went up to him and hugged him. Flood glanced down at her in shock. She looked up, still holding him in her embrace. The look of hatred had left her eyes and replaced by an odd warmth. A pink blush line had formed below her eyes on her snout. “Flood…” She said in a dreamy voice. “I never realized how handsome you are…..”

Oh, wow! This ought to be interesting! Tune in to the next chap!

Chillin' like a dragon

#15 Jan 16, 2009 9:05 PM

DragonOfDrakness1992
Website

#16 Jan 18, 2009 8:10 PM

sparx55

lol best chapter yet can't wait to see what happens next even though i have a few idaes propley not the ones your thinking of though

#17 Jan 19, 2009 5:51 AM

Spyrorox

Chillin' like a dragon

#18 Jan 19, 2009 1:36 PM

DragonOfDrakness1992
Website

#19 Jan 19, 2009 6:11 PM

sparx55

how do you come up with this??????? its brill

#20 Jan 19, 2009 7:58 PM

Spyrorox

Chillin' like a dragon

#21 Jan 19, 2009 8:14 PM

DragonOfDrakness1992
Website

This is great, you are a awesome writer for sure. (^_^)

#22 Feb 05, 2009 6:10 AM

Spyrorox

Ch. 6 is done! Enjoy!

Ch 6: Rivalry

…. “Get your board, Flood. Were going surfing.” Ashley released her grip on his shoulder to go get her own. Flood grabbed his board and followed. He couldn’t help wondering. “Why is Ashley suddenly want to be around me? I thought once we turned her back, she would hate me for weeks.” He shrugged and paddle out to where she was waiting. “Hey Flood,” She suddenly suggested, “Um, I could, ah, give you some surfing lessons if you like.” He stared at here. “You know, I’ve been surfing longer then you. I could help with poster and stuff…” She must have been able to tell Flood thought it was awkward, and quickly put; “Just so you don’t hopelessly lose. I’m still winning.” She flicked her tail for emphasis. “Now, here comes a wave.” She paddled surprising near to Flood. As the wave picked the two up, Ashley swerved her board right next to Flood. “Keep your paws more spread out.” She told him. Ashley suddenly looked over to the shore, to see Aurora stringing leis and watching the two. Suddenly, Flood felt Ashley pick up his front paws. “You can also stand on your hind legs. Make sure that your tail balances out the shift of weight.” She quickly pressed Flood against her body, and put her tail on his as she “taught him”. Aurora stifled a laugh. Ashley was being very obvious to look like Floods’ girlfriend. “Ashley,” Flood said, confused with the contact. “Maybe you should, ah…” Ashley immediately shoved away. “Right, yeah.” The waved carried them back to shore. “Well, hope you learned something. Hey, wanna get a smoothie?” Flood looked at her, puzzled again. “Sure?…” She dragged him over to the surf shack and plopped him on one of the seats that circled the shack. A husky water dragon turned to them. “Hey, how can I help ya?” Before Flood could order, Ashley quickly said. “One Drakeberry Pineapple smoothie.” The husky water dragon laughed. “Just like you to not say “please” when you order. Anyway, coming right up.” “Ashley?” Flood demanded. “Why did you order 1?” Before she answered, the water dragon brought the smoothie over in a coconut shell. “And two straws, for you and your boyfriend.” He laughed again. Flood expected Ashley to say something like “HE’S NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!!!!!” but she took the drink and straws without a word. She shoved one straw in Flood’s mouth and the other in hers before she began sipping. Flood sipped as well, but very awkwardly. “This must be a side effect of the love potion.” He figured. But something still puzzled him; why did she keep shooting glances toward the other side of the beach? But Flood wouldn’t have to wonder long. “Hi, Flood!” said a sweet, familiar voice. “Aurora!” Flood said, noting the glare in Ashley’s eyes when he greeted her. “Um, would you like to come help me pick flowers for the leis? With the Aqua D in a few days, were getting tons of tourists.” “Sure!” Flood quickly replied. He wanted to get away from Ashley by now, her whole new acting freaking him out. “Great, come on.” Before Ashley could say anything, Aurora flew up over her, holding Flood by his paw, and toward the jungle. “This is great bonding time, huh Flood?” Flood looked at her with confusion. “I….guess.” The two landed in a meadow of orchids. “I wanted to talk to you anyway.” She said, not meeting his eyes as she picked. “Ok.” Flood said, shrugging. “Flood………don’t you think Ashley treats you a little harshly?” Flood stared at her. “What do you mean?” “Think about it Flood…..She’s constantly yelling at you, scorching you for no reason, and never appreciates what you do for her. Why do you tolerate it? If I had a girlfriend like that, I’d get rid of her immediately.” Flood jolted. “She was never my girlfriend!” He protested. Aurora stifled a laugh. “Oh, Flood. Are you blind?” Flood tilted his head in confusion. “Everyone on the island can tell Ashley likes you. Even before the love potion, she always was so flustered around you.” Flood still didn’t quit seem to get it. Then it hit him: The crying when he vanished, the slight appreciation when he fixed her necklace, the blushing when she learned she had kissed him while under the effects of the potion. Did that all mean she had a crush on him? In a strange way, it made sense. “I don’t blame her.” Aurora said in a quiet voice. Flood looked up. “Huh?” “Flood, it’s no wonder she’s fallen for you. Your so kind, brave, and determined. I’ve watched you surf, and try to help Ashley before either being scorched or shoved away. She lacks appreciation, and doesn’t deserve you.” The ice dragon paused. “You deserve better treatment, Flood. And I know a dragon who could give that to you, if you like.” She blushed slightly pink and stared at the ground, shuffling her paws. Flood processed what she had told him, then realized: She has just confessed her feelings to me! “Aurora…” Flood stammered. “I don’t know what to say….” She looked up. “Of course, you must prefer fire dragons. After all, they won’t freeze you to death when they touch you.” Aurora sighed. “No! It’s not that! This is all so new to me, I need time to think.” He got up from picking and stretched his wings. “I’m going back to the hut.” He waved goodbye and flew up, out of sight. Aurora settled back down. “He considered me!” She told herself happily. She immediately pictured Ashley, paws folded and steam rising from her nostrils as Aurora wore a brides’ gown and Flood wore a hansom bowtie. The image made her squeal in delight, but it suddenly hit her that Flood still considered Ashley. “If I want to win this battle for my man, I’ll have to play the game first.” She smiled in spite of herself, a devious look never before seen on the ice dragon. “I need to talk to Ashley.” She decided, scooping up her basket of flowers and flying over to where the fire dragon sat, burning leaves out of anger. “Hey, fire dragon!” She called, landing beside her. “You!” Ashley spat. “What do you want?” “I want my dragon!” Aurora retorted.  Ashley jumped up, smoke spiraling from her nose. “Flood’s mine!” She said defensively. “So you do like him!” Aurora said, as if she never was positive. “Well…..” It was easy to tell Ashley didn’t want to admit it. “Oh, you don’t? Well, I guess I get him.” This pushed Ashley over the edge. “Yes! I do like him!” She admitted. “And were getting married and having draklings, and your not interfering!” Aurora took on her mad side. “Oh, yeah?! Well, I’ll have you know Flood likes me a lot more! I don’t burn him every time he looks at me!” Ashley was caught off guard, and Aurora smiled the fire dragons’ mean attitude was used against her. “Having second thoughts on how we treated Flood, are we?” Aurora sneered. Ashley breathed a stream of fire at Aurora, who danced out of the way and continued. “He loves my sweet attitude, unlike your hot-headed one!” Ashley stared Aurora right in the eyes. “That’s not my fault!” She finally said. “I’m a fire dragon! I never chose this attitude!” Aurora looked taken aback. The fire dragon had a point, though it solved nothing. “He still likes me more!” She concluded. “How do you know?” Ashley retorted. The two female dragons were quiet for  moment. “Tell you what!” Aurora concluded. “Nearby, there is an island that is constantly plagued by snow and blizzards. Tomorrow, we will both fly over there and pretend were stuck. Whoever Flood rescues first will be his girlfriend, and the other one will back off.” Aurora held out a paw. Ashley shook it. “Deal.” She said defiantly. Little did the dragons know, however, it won’t happen the way they planned…..

Well, so concluded Ch. 6! I’m pretty glad Ashley’s feeling were finally said, but now she had Aurora in the way. Who will win the bet? Stay tuned!

Chillin' like a dragon

#23 Feb 05, 2009 6:50 PM

DragonOfDrakness1992
Website

It took some time for you to get this chapter done...
But it was worth to wait for. (^_^)
Really great chapter.

#24 Feb 06, 2009 1:09 AM

Spyrorox

Yeah, it's hard coz I've been writing other stories aside from this, so it might have taken time. But I'm glad it was worth the wait!

Chillin' like a dragon

#25 Feb 09, 2009 7:36 AM

Spyrorox

Ch. 7 is done! I mixed up the numbers a bit, but I edited it correctly. Enjoy!

Ch  7: Fire and Ice

Flood slept curled in his hut, musing over the days’ events. “I can’t believe I was so oblivious.” He told himself. What’s worse, he was too late; he was now the love interest of Aurora, so any relationship with Ashley is stuck hard. “And I still don’t know who my mom was.” He said. He rolled on his back and looked at the straw on the ceiling of his hut. One question was stuck in his mind; who would he confess back to? Ashley or Aurora? Fire or ice? Knowing thinking won’t help, Flood closed his eyes and waited for sleep to take him away from his problems; his stress of a rivalry all because of him….
Flood awoke the next morning to hollering outside. “What’s going on?” He asked as he trotted out. “Ashley and Aurora!” Yelled one dragon. “They went to Blizzard Isle and haven’t returned!” “What? Aurora’s gone?!” Yelled a voice from inside one of the huts. A husky water dragon came charging out, and Flood recognized him as the dragon from the surf shop where Ashley and his got the smoothies. “Easy, Soak. I don’t think they’re hurt. But they need help. Why do you care so much, anyway?” The water dragon shrunk back. “N-No reason.” Soak insisted, and quickly went back to his hut. Flood was dizzy with rage after he heard the news. “It’s probably because of me!” He yelled out. “I need to save them!” He spread out his wings and took off over the broad ocean. Only one think kept appearing in his mind: “It’s my fault, it’s my fault, it’s my fault.” After flying for what felt like forever, a snow capped isle came into view. “There it is! I’m coming, you two!” He landed on the edge of the snow, and immediately began shivering as he felt the winds of the snow storm. “Wow….This is freezing!” It occurred to him that if he were to pick Aurora, it would be like this all the time. He shook the thought away and began trudging, knowing flying was useless against the blizzard. He continued, shaking more violently and walking more weakly, but he kept going…..
“What’s keeping him?” Ashley asked aloud. Her and Aurora were waiting in a cavern farely far down the isle. “Don’t know.” The ice dragon admitted. Suddenly, a thought occurred to her. “What if…..what if this weather is too intense for him?” Ashey glanced over. “How so?” “Like, too cold? He could be freezing to death right now, and it’d be all our fault….” Ashley shot her a nervous glance. “What if your right?” Panic was clear in her voice. “We should probably go check!” Aurora agreed, and the dragons sprinted out.
“Ashley…….Aurora……I’m c-c-coming.” Flood said weakly as he walked through the harsh snow. His wings had practically frozen over, and his tail could hardly move. But he refused to stop until he found them. “Flood!” Ashley called as the dragons raced toward her. “Ashley…I’ll s-s-s-save y-y-you.” Suddenly his legs gave way, and he collapsed into the snow. “NO! Flood!” Ashley yelled. Aurora trotted up to him. “He’s super cold.” Ashley said, feeling his scales. “I’ll help move him…” Aurora offered. “No way!” Ashley quickly spat. “You’re an ice dragon! Do you want him to freeze more?” Aurora quickly withdrew her paws with a slightly sad look on her face. “Ok, um, you bring him over to the cavern.” The two dragons walked against the blizzard, Ashley carrying Flood on her back. Aurora did not seem to mind the weather, but kept Ashley’s pace. They finally arrived at the cavern. Ashley put him against the back wall. “Flood? Flood, can you hear me? It’s Ashley.” Aurora was almost shocked at the sweet, concerned tone Ashley was using. Ashley carefully breathed a light flame by his wings to defrost him. Then, she curled up beside him in an effort to keep his scales warm. “She really does like him.” Aurora said to herself. Ashley was showing a side of her never seen before, the side Aurora was convinced didn’t exist. Suddenly, Aurora sighed deeply and turned to Ashley. “You win.” She said. Ashley turned, still not moving her warm scales from Flood’s. “Huh?” “You won. You’ve proved to me Flood will be treated right in your care. Beside, right before he collapsed he said he would save you, not me.” Flood stirred in his sleep; he could here them talking, but did not dare open his eyes. Aurora looked at the ground. “Aurora….seriously? Are you really fine with that?” “It’s ok.” The ice dragon insisted. “I don’t want Flood getting hurt any more because of us. We both loved him, but only one can have him.” Aurora half expected Ashley to object about the love part, but she said nothing. “It’s really fine. I can move on.” Ashley watched the ice dragon carefully. “I’m sure there’s a dragon out there who would appreciate the sweet attitude you have.” The encouragement slightly shocked Aurora. Then she nodded. “Thanks.” She sat down and curled herself up, yawning. “We’ll sleep her. By the morning, you’ll probably have Flood sweating.” Ashley nodded and closed her own eyes, leaning into the water dragon. Flood, who had heared the whole thing, decided to sleep himself, but before he did, he told himself. “That’s that. I choose Ashley.”

All right, I’m wrapping up the mini rivalry between Ashley and Aurora for the past 3 chapters. Stay tuned for the next!

Chillin' like a dragon

Board footer