Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 May 05, 2008 5:55 AM

TheManiacOnWheels
Gems: 0

Re: WOW! Seriously WOW!

I don't see how he looks like a combination of New and Old Juice Box, I think he looks pretty much the same as he did before.
To Ratchet: About the patriotic thing...Y'know I was on a sugar high right...?

#27 May 05, 2008 7:08 AM

Juice box

To Ratchet and Maniacthinymanguy... :-| : I guess it's just that when I was young and imagined Spyro being older, I imagined him sorta looking like that. I mean look at his head. It kinda looks like his horns are a little more positioned towards old Spyro's than usual. Also his head isn't as retarded as in ANB and TEN. His whole shape seems to have slight elements of the old Spyro but mostly consists of the new Spyro.

Woooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

#28 May 06, 2008 12:35 AM

depaul

I was never exactly sold on TLOS, or basically anything A.I., but this looks like it could be a fun game. It looks great, and the blogs seem pretty positive about gameplay. The flight thing will be awesome too, as will the co-op. I may just have to get the old spyro fan-boy gang from my neighborhood together again...

#29 May 06, 2008 1:23 AM

minredd

I think when you're not in co-op whatever character you're playing as will be alone. Not an A.I.

#30 May 06, 2008 3:56 AM

ratchet
Website

The Only Thing which sucks is..... ITS NOT SPLITSCREEN. That means you have to stay close together all the time, no flying by yourself....... SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS.

#31 May 06, 2008 4:18 AM

Doppelgangergang
Banned

#32 May 06, 2008 4:45 AM

ratchet
Website

If You play 1 Player i think you can just roam off yourself and Spyro/Cynder will follow. But 2 Player SHOULD BE SPLITSCREEN

#33 May 07, 2008 12:59 AM

minredd

You mean the other one follows you around? Aw man DX I was hoping you'd play alone when in 1 player. But 2 player split screen? Ick, I've played shooter split screens and I hate it. I'm glad it's kind of together. I like games like that, but I think the bungee is a pretty good length.

#34 May 07, 2008 7:44 PM

Epesi

I like the idea of Cynder (or Spyro) following wherever you go; I'll be glad to have some company. (Well, besides Sparx. XD) The past two games felt sort of lonely to me, TEN especially.

I'm okay with the tethering; I'd rather have my movement restricted than my view. It might be nice if they did both, switching to splitscreen when you get out of range; I know I played a game that did it that way once, but I don't remember which one, or how well it worked out. Anyway, I don't think it'll bother me.

#35 May 07, 2008 9:57 PM

minredd

It's like you can attack Cynder/Spyro when they follow you XD

I just can't wait for co-op. And being able to go back to past levels.

I just realized; this game is kind of a mix of the old and new. There's Hunter and Spyro and Sparx, and then theres Cynder and the Dark Master. You can go back to past levels, but this game seems to have more of a story line.

I like it.

#36 May 08, 2008 6:34 AM

ratchet
Website

#37 May 08, 2008 8:08 AM

EternalNight

#38 May 09, 2008 2:29 AM

depaul

I like the look of Spyro in this game. He kind of gets past the awkward stage, looks alot better. I'm not sure who said this, but you're right, this is how I imagined older Spyro would look.

Its kind of changed my view of the whole series (along with the gameplay improvements). This has the potential to be the true successor to the Insomniac games. ETD was the shame of the series, AHT took it back up to survivable, and so far LoS has been so-so. It's not a bad game, but its shocking departure from the artistic direction and gameplay of the old game has drawn a lot of criticism from certain elements of the fan base, myself included. I don't have that much of a problem with LoS, but more with the general decline of the series into something of a bargain-bin mascot game, like Sonic or Crash, that doesn't really resemble the game I liked.

DotD looks promising though. I will buy this game.

#39 May 11, 2008 5:54 PM

minredd

Ya know, now that I think about it, I'm happy to have a companion. It does get pretty lonely in TEN.

But I swear, if the AI is stupid... Well, it'd get violent. I don't need Cynder/Spyro killing themselves.

#40 May 13, 2008 1:10 AM

36ILikeSpyro36
Banned

besides the fact that you have to stay close in co-op, this is going to be THE single greatest Spyro game E.V.E.R. big_smile

#41 May 14, 2008 9:35 PM

Luke Danger

Board footer