Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 09, 2008 7:57 PM

Daxter
Gems: 0

Some different things in Spyro the Dragon!

In the ntsc version of this game have the gnorks in Dark Hollow swords with red coloured blades. Same thing withe the horns of the Bulls in Town Square!
In the European and Japanese version are they coloured normal,I dont know if that is a kind of censor!

Ok, now the Gameplay: The us ntsc version looks more colourful than any other version but the european pal runs faster.
The slowest version is the japanese and the controls are really indolent. o_O 
In the complete Game there are many Signs, I think they describe at the beginning the controls and later some scenes to get all Gems or how you defeat the boss enemys, but I´m not sure. I don´t understand any word in japanese. roll

At the end of this level Metalhead you go up to the wall to collect the last Gems. In the us version you glide over to the left where lay a few Gems, but not in the European version, here you must only run along this wall to get them!
There are many other places where a few Gems are change,but I don´t want to list them all wink

In the flying Levels the moving Objects moves a bit different, so i get different times in each Game!

So, that was all so far! smile

#2 Apr 10, 2008 10:37 PM

Drax

Re: Some different things in Spyro the Dragon!

intresting. Someone correct me if im wrong but didnt the guy who did the voice for the taco bell dog also do the voice of spyro?

#3 Apr 11, 2008 1:24 AM

MetalHead

#4 Apr 14, 2008 12:32 AM

UlfgarRunding

Another thing about the gnorcs in Dark Hollow. in the manual one is shown brandishing a mace, but in-game they only had swords.

The flying bullet down the pass
whispers clear, "All flesh is grass."
-Rudyard Kipling

#5 Apr 18, 2008 1:01 AM

RadSpyro
Website

Some of the dialog in the Japanese version, if I remember, is different from the English copies once translated. I'd have to replay the game to get actual translations though.

#6 Apr 22, 2008 10:37 AM

Misa

This game is so colourful! I like homeworlds, it pretty

#7 Apr 27, 2008 12:17 PM

RadSpyro
Website

Just really had to get this part.

I played the Japanese version again today, and remembered why it took me so much longer to complete. THE CAMERA IS BAD. It doesn't even attempt to follow you, and is further back. Spyro also makes miscellaneous grunts and noises when he jumps and charges from time to time, which is quite cute.

Also, when Spyro gets all the Gems from a level, he yells out 'Yatta!'

Oh, if only that camera were better....

#8 Apr 27, 2008 5:20 PM

Daxter

Yes, some of them sounds cute! big_smile The camera is not the only reason why i need more time to finish the Game.
The whole gameplay is a little to slow and Spyro can not jump when he is charging. The same problem are also in tondemo tours. sad

But the Instruction Manuels and Cover designs from both Games are awesome! smile

#9 Apr 29, 2008 10:30 AM

ratchet
Website

I think that the Camera and stuff in Japanese Spyro 1 were sposed to suit Super Mario 64. Think about it, theres signs everywhere, the camera angle was similar, and he made noises when he jumped.

Board footer