Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec 30, 2008 4:03 PM

PYROX
Gems: 60
Website

Dotd Glitches? post'em here!;) (and I've also got a helping tip to defeat the big Groblins at Burning Lands)

Okay this is what happened to me:
one time in the Burned Lands and Elite boss appeared with a Green helm so I took Cynder to do Poison. it din't work. okay. so then I took Spyro to do Earth attacks. that din't work eather...wtf?
but then I just tryed some attacks and I took Cynder to do Fear attacks...and it worked 0_o major wtf?
later I could't defeat him so I ran away>.<
I turned back and normaly his helmed is back on again with a different color...but guess what. he appeared again out of the ground with NO armor. -_- (oh yah, later I defeated him;) but seriously..did someone had that too?

and now for the tip:
(this may not always work)
when you having trouble with destroying the big Green Monster at the Burning Lands(at the place when you're about  to enter the Volcano)
you'll get stuck inside a place where you have to battle 2 greens monsters.
this is what you have to do:
fly a bit up, not too high. and when the monster will slam their fists on you, just let them hit you!(really, it's no joke!) you'll be throwen high up in the air. all you have to do is fly out of the "battle ground" (where you were stuck inside with the monsters.) now, they can't reach you. now all you  have to do is hit them with Earth of Poison attacks till' they die.(the attacks will just go through the long rocks) and when you're out of Mana, just destroy the crystals placed around the "battle ground" wink

#2 Dec 31, 2008 2:12 AM

Spyro_Fan_Forever
Gems: 0

Re: Dotd Glitches? post'em here!;) (and I've also got a helping tip to defeat the big Groblins at Burning Lands)

"leaving Cynder" glitch. xD

Ok I was flying around in The Valley of Avalar like I always do in the evening...
I was making Spyro dive down into the river but I hadn't noticed Cynder was also diving behind him...so when I dove again Cynder landed on the grass while Spyro kept flying and evenchually I couldn't see her anymore..well until I came back.
She was just standing there while I flew away from her...but evenchually I came back for her.

And yeah the "Cynder death" glitch...that's all I've had. xD
Love them glitches...*stabs*

винт это. винт все это и оставь меня.

#3 Dec 31, 2008 4:43 AM

Black Shadow
Banned

Re: Dotd Glitches? post'em here!;) (and I've also got a helping tip to defeat the big Groblins at Burning Lands)

#4 Dec 31, 2008 2:38 PM

Blaze the Dragon

One time I was flying in Valley of Avalar, and I was near that gate where the magic crystal is locked behind. I was trying to jump up the ledge above it as Spyro, and Cynder ended up behind the gate with the magic crystal, though I couldn't smash it.

#5 Dec 31, 2008 4:26 PM

PYROX
Website

I got another one,
one time at the burning lands (wow...kinda glitchy place)
I was entering the second part....I COULD'T MOVE CYNDER she was just standing there...doing nothing...so I could only play with spyro and fly away from her....and the neckles din't even bother..

#6 Dec 31, 2008 5:32 PM

Aceedwin

Dio: The Spyro sinks glitch

I was innocently spraying evil goons with fire, and dark powers, when Spyro, for no apparent reason, sunk. I had to finish the fight alone with Cynder (well within my capabilities) and eventually he ran up to me, without even a lump of turf on him.  o_O

#7 Dec 31, 2008 9:24 PM

RadSpyro
Website

In Ruins of Warfang, as I leapt onto some grass to hold onto, the game started loading something. It began to stutter, then all of a sudden, the screen started jumping up and down for no reason. I couldn't see anything, so we switched to one player mode and the screen came back. As Spyro & Cynder were now flying, we began  flying around - To find out the game had dumped us outside the level perimeters. And because of all the invisible barriers in the game, we couldn't get back. Reset!

And of course, the 'Cynder leaves me in Valley of Avalar' glitch and the 'Sinking' glitches.

#8 Jan 02, 2009 4:25 AM

spyrox811

I had one of the worst possible glitches you could really get...

When you first get to "The Dam" level during Storymode, it's actully possible to completely SKIP opening up one of the two dam thingies that you're supposed to open up(I found this out because I couldn't for the life of me think HOW to open up the second one...  Ya, I'm stupid, I got that.)...  Whereas you don't get to see the "Let's blow this dam thing up!" Cutscene and all...  And if you complete the level without opening up the second thing,  going back to the level doesn't give you the final 1% you need to complete the game... 

Now, I did this on my very first runthrough of the game...  So it REALLY ticked me off that I had to go threw the ENTIRE game again just to 100% it. >_>

"Oh goodie, for a second there I thought we'd have to go the rest of the day without any more doom!"

#9 Jan 02, 2009 2:54 PM

spyrofan2999

No!, Won't Let you!

The only way to greet people if you are socially awkward: Is to Punch them in the Stomach and Judo flip 'em! Nice to meet you tongue

#10 Jan 03, 2009 2:25 PM

PYROX
Website

#11 Jan 03, 2009 2:27 PM

PYROX
Website

Does anyone know a glitch how you can "leave Cynder" in the Valley of Avalar?
I tried the glitch that Spyro_Fan_Forever had..
but it din't work by me>_<

#12 Jan 03, 2009 4:57 PM

minredd

You know when you go over a level on the chapter screen and it says how many rewards are left? On my game it always says I have a red health gem left in the Valley of Avalar when I know for a fact I don't. I looked in guides and went to all the gem places but it's never there because I already got it.

Also, before I put my cursor over any of the levels, it'll say a random amount of prizes left. Like(I've gotten everything but one health upgrade and 5 or under spirit gems) 19 spirit gems, 3 health gems, 4 magic gems 2 elite enemies and 3 chests.

And I can't get 100%. But there's no red health gems left D< I KNOW there isn't!

#13 Jan 03, 2009 6:46 PM

Spyro_Fan_Forever

#14 Jan 03, 2009 8:23 PM

spyrofan2999

No!, Won't Let you!

The only way to greet people if you are socially awkward: Is to Punch them in the Stomach and Judo flip 'em! Nice to meet you tongue

#15 Jan 08, 2009 5:22 PM

PYROX
Website

#16 Jan 08, 2009 9:10 PM

Spyro_Fan_Forever

I'm with ya there PYROX it would be pretty funny! xD

Hmm how are you doing it?
I try to lose her by diving right by the ground...I'll hit the water while she hits the ground.  yikes

#17 Jan 08, 2009 11:31 PM

Red-n-Aqua
Website

I had Cynder stuck in the wall once, too... Ruins of Warfang, right underneath the 'Fear-breath twirly-things'...yeah. xD She was stuck, and I was like, "WTH? Cynder, c'mon! Get outta there." So I just switched to Spyro, and poof! She broke free from the evil ragged wall.

Also leaving Cynder behind... I did that once, too! I was in Valley of Avalar, playing as Spyro... she got stopped by a pile of the rocks, and I was randomly running around and said to myself, "Cynder? Where'd she go?" I looked around, she was nowhere to be in sight! I went back to the rocks, and saw her standing.

#18 Jan 10, 2009 12:10 AM

Cynder7
Gems: -90
Birthday: 19 December
Website

The getting stuck in the floor,going to a high area in the Valley of Avalar and floating in middair,do they just work on certain platforms or something or do you just have to do a certain trick to activate them?I tried to do some yesterday and nothing happened..And the vids I watched,showing them,they had the PS3 graphics and stuff,so I'm just wondering..

#19 Jan 10, 2009 1:16 AM

spyrothedragon9323

OOOHH THIS WEIRD.

ONE time I was playing the level Attack of the Golem, and this weird thing happened, I was about to go up the stairs but someHOW I went thru instead. Then I was allowed to have this weird.... opportunity to explore back at where the cutscene with Volteer starts. Then it just keeps happening on and on.

There WAS something fun though. (RANDOM)

ye

#20 Jan 23, 2009 10:34 PM

Spyro the Drgon

Once i was in the Burned Lands and i went to find the elite enemy. I finally found it and it had a red mask on, so naturally i tried using fear.Didn't work. Then fire, didn't work. I then tried poison and ice and they killed the thing in like 10 seconds.

Another glitch also happened with the same enemy. he popped out of the ground and that music started playing, BUT when i went down the elite was nowhere to be found. I went to the place where it popped out of the ground and started fighting. Even though you couldn't see anything i still got like a 40 hit combo

#21 Mar 18, 2009 7:48 PM

Black fire ball

all those monsters actuly change colour :S they are yellow green and orange tongue and i actuly did that glitch with them yesterday b4 i read this post and i couldnt kill thm on the outside :S it made me mad so i had to do it over :@ lmao i actuly have left cynder behind to i was just leaving the village of the cheetas in valley of avalar and i jumped to the island where there is the big tree and i ran and jumped to the other larger one next to it smile normal right until i turned around and cynder was gone she stayed on the other island with the biiig tree. so i switched to her and spyro just stayed on the other side of that to tongue and then when i go up to the area where the elite enemy was in that ;level after returning meadow i went up there but i already beat it right and he was just up there running around. so i blast him and i get more gems tongue but he keeps reappearing up there after i kill em ? :S

...;<Halley3...

Then im with you...
   I Love you<3

#22 Mar 20, 2009 11:20 PM

drexawn

Well I probably won't get this right, cause it happened a while ago, but I was searching for an armor chest in the burned lands, when I finally spot it on an island, where there were one or two I'm not sure, of those big troll things. So naturally I attempted to open the chest without defeating the troll(s), because those things are horrible to beat, and discovered I couldn't open it. The troll killed Spyro and Cynder, but when I went back to try for the chest again, it was gone, and didn't appear untill I had killed the troll(s).

"May the ancestors watch over you, may they watch over us all."

~ Ignitus

#23 Mar 23, 2009 12:38 AM

Black fire ball

ya that happened to me to you gotta wait till the lil purple lights for them to grab the handle appear tongue but ya that and the red gem with the eliet enemy and the green gem on the lil island you have to kill the troll things for them to appear but they were just there :S

...;<Halley3...

Then im with you...
   I Love you<3

#24 Mar 24, 2009 10:21 PM

drexawn

Ah yeah, there were no purple lights, it took me long enough to die to realize that. Guess it's not that great of a cheat...

(nice av)

"May the ancestors watch over you, may they watch over us all."

~ Ignitus

Board footer