Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 03, 2007 5:18 AM

DanteAndVergil
Gems: 0
Birthday: 4 April

what did you think of this one

right guys what did you think of AHT i think it was pretty fun and it had a good enough final boss i suppose  hmm

#2 Jun 08, 2007 7:05 PM

SpyroSoulFlame

Re: what did you think of this one

In terms of strategy and gameplay, this would rank THE #1 SPYRO GAME OF ALL TIME! w00t This game involved more strategy  because it wasn't always the kind of game where you reach the next level and forget the previous level(s). You actually had to build your game strategy as you progressed through the game by collecting a certain number of light gems or destroy a certain amount of dark gems in order to open up new gates to unexplored parts of a previous level(s). Also, there were several worlds to explore for extended gameplay.  yikes So in my opinion, this game is the #1 spyro game of all the spyro games that are on the PS1 and PS2. (Yes, even this game outranks The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning).  yikes  yikes What do you think?

#3 Jun 08, 2007 7:09 PM

DanteAndVergil
Birthday: 4 April

me myself thought it was pretty good i still prefer ANB i like the gameplay the most on this one though

#4 Jun 08, 2007 7:21 PM

Spyrofriend
Gems: 147

ANB Was better although this game allowed you to explore more than most Spyro games..

#5 Jun 12, 2007 11:54 PM

SpyroSoulFlame

The only things I found better about ANB was the new melee attack system and the continuous breath attack where spyro could maintain a continuous breath attack without stopping unlike the previous games where it was just a short puff. The short gameplay is what killed ANB to me.

#6 Jun 13, 2007 3:58 PM

KingPlayerPDX

Give it 6/10 and it's a meh for me.

#7 Jun 13, 2007 4:19 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

I would give it 7/10. The graphics were great and didn't look plasticy like ANB. The gameplay was good and didn't get boring *coughlikeANB*. The attempts at being funny weren't very good, though. And Spyro's voice... ugh. It also needed a better plot. Red wants to take over the dragon realms, ooh, how original. He had no motive at all; he just wanted to take over because he's evil that way.

#8 Jun 13, 2007 8:42 PM

Jay Tanoshi
Website

It's been a while since I've played, but I'll try my best to remember.

The graphics looked pretty good, nice and smooth.  Not too many glitch ups or anything.  Gamplay was pretty good, the idea of how unique each breath is was a nice touch, like, Fire kills quicker, but short ranged and electric takes longer, but it has a longer range and so on.  Storyline was kind of simple, however, it was his own kind (Dragon) that made it good.  I also liked that the Dark Gems affected the envirnoment in such a evil way.  Sounds were good, and I acutally liked the voice acting, but mainly because A Hero's Tail was my very first Spyro game and it took a while to actually play the original three.

Each character has a unique, yet odd personality...well...some.  Spyro and Sparx seemed to be more...stable.  Hunter is well...Hunter.  The Elders were...well...it depends.  Titan's little shout after the Dark Gem was destroyed was messed up.  Magnus was okay, but I still can't believe people thought that Magnus was a male instead of a female. XD  Titan...well...he acted like how most picture old people are: forgetful and weird...sometimes (No offense) .  Astor seemed...a bit energetic compared to some.

Hehe, it was funny when the Professor kept mentioning those items that came from various games like Mario and Zelda.
----------

The main negatives I can find is some of the battles are a bit too easy sometimes.  Also, some characters like Otto and Teena can get a bit annoying, though a bit funny.  Hmm...well...in my opinion, getting all the eggs aren't really worth it unless you want the concept, minigames, or alternative characters...

Overall...I give it a 7.5.  Pretty good game, worth trying.  I still like A New Beginning a bit better however, but it's up to you.

#9 Jun 14, 2007 8:38 AM

Bee

Personally I really enjoyed this game. Spyro's voice was wayyy different but I still thought it was good, the professers voice was way better too. I found the game really fun and sometimes a bit challenging, but not always, the storyline was alright and the levels were beautiful. Overall I give this an 8/10

#10 Jul 17, 2007 5:51 PM

Cyriltheiceguardian

This game is great! The best thing about it, is Red. His a cool boss!

Cyriltheiceguardian in the house, so hide the children!

#11 Aug 18, 2007 2:48 AM

SpyroxEmber
Website

Board footer