Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov 21, 2008 6:09 AM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

The Valley of Avalar and Twilight Falls

The Valley of Avalar is the most wonderous and beautiful level in DotD next Twilight Falls. In my opinion, it's way better than the PS1 Avalar(No offensive to the Old Spyro fans) and it's more realistic and detailed along with its majestic music.  In the Xbox 360 and PS3 version of DotD, you'll find the Valley of Avalar the prettiest place in the whole LoS franchise with its graphics.

Now, Twilight Falls, is the second beautiful level in DotD. The waterfall and the flowing of the river is well detailed in the Xbox 360 and PS3 version, not to mention the environment and fireflies flying about in some parts of the area.

#2 Nov 21, 2008 5:40 PM

RedDragonX
Gems: 0
Website

Re: The Valley of Avalar and Twilight Falls

Well I def agree with you on those two levels...both of them are very beautiful....hats off to the designers on that....I thought the Burned Lands was also awesome...the lava was freaking awesome....really felt like you were on top of a volcano.

#3 Nov 21, 2008 7:44 PM

Spyro_Fan_Forever

I could fly through Avalar and Twilight Falls for hours! I love those two places a lot.  big_smile
To bad the music when you first have to find Meadow in Avalar plays only a few times..maybe 4? Then you just hear the bird sounds. =__=

I like to fly through Twilight Falls at night and Avalar during the day! xD

винт это. винт все это и оставь меня.

#4 Nov 21, 2008 8:04 PM

Picklejerky

#5 Nov 21, 2008 8:07 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Yeah..I think that level was absolutely beautiful....0.0...by far the best in the game I think...just that feeling you got when you flew out of the waterfall...it was pretty amazing. Then in the Floating Islands...I loved like looking down and seeing like every single place you played through far beneath you....

#6 Nov 21, 2008 10:11 PM

TornWings

BTW, anyone notice the ANB music in that level? I was just flying around when I realized what was playing. Then the nostalgia (well, I don't know if it's been long enough to call it that yet) from the first game kicked in, I was stunned for a moment.

I'm usually not one for re-using music but it was done so well. The only place I didn't like it was in the Destroyer level where they looped the big dramatic music from TEN which got really annoying after spending an hour looking for crystals to smash.

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#7 Nov 22, 2008 4:40 AM

Sazex

I must admit the valley of Avalar area is so great that i could
fly in it for ages, but of course nothing could beat the originals

#8 Nov 22, 2008 9:03 AM

Spyro Master

i like it as well its the kind of place that spyro and cynder would live at also does anyone know what happened to the temple? i heard them mention it but i didnt grab what they said as i didnt put the subtitles on doh!

#9 Nov 22, 2008 8:37 PM

TornWings

The temple is now floating above the volcano, which is kind of a slap in the face after you secured it in the first game and defended it in the second.

Darn you Malefor.

#10 Nov 23, 2008 12:09 AM

Volteer32

Yeah the music as you go find the Hermit is the same as Tall Plains from ANB ..

And when you're fighting the Golem at the start ... anyone notice that's Cynder's music from Concurrent Skies ?

#11 Nov 23, 2008 2:04 AM

TornWings

Really?

I noticed the music when you're fighting the first enemies is from TEN, so it must have change when the golem attacks...didn't realize that.

#12 Nov 23, 2008 4:31 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Wow now that I am listening to it again....you guys are right lol...huh...I didn't even realize that lol...my the things you discover when you listen more closely.

#13 Nov 23, 2008 5:17 AM

Volteer32

Oh and whose music is it when you go into Fury Mode ??

Cynder's!! (From ANB)

#14 Nov 23, 2008 4:16 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Is that the same?...I didn't think it was....again I'll have to listen more closely...this cold isn't helping anything.

#15 Nov 28, 2008 3:56 AM

lilgti

i thought twilight falls was th most pointless level ever all i can remember is flying down a large water fal and finding a chest i just hated that level???!! neutral  neutral

theres 3 kinds of people in this world...those who can count and those who cant

#16 Nov 28, 2008 5:16 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well...I just thought it was a beatiful level...pointless in some regards...but a good way for them to show off their level designs lol...

#17 Nov 29, 2008 7:34 AM

ratchet
Website

I'm not being a TLOS basher here but i thought that these levels were way too small to be that interesting. Twilight falls, especially, was tiny, i think some of the levels in the original 10 years ago were bigger! Believe me, the original videos for DOTD were making the flying look alot better than it is. I have alot more fun flying around Originals spyro levels using gamesharks.
The kevel design, too, wasn't that good. There were alot of times in Twilight falls and The valley of avalar where i kept on getting mixed up on where i had to go. And i especially hated the invisable walls!

#18 Nov 29, 2008 7:57 AM

RedDragonX
Website

The levels could have been much bigger..that would have helped draw in the players a little more...and helped give that feel from the old series....one of the many things that they could have improved. Even in the Dragon City....it would have been much better if they had things more interactive....like with the inhabitants...or some of the other dragons...side missions...I mean it's a dang city....

As for the level complications...I really didn't have any...maybe it depended on the system...but everything ran smooth as heck on my PS3....no problems except if I left the system on for too long...

#19 Nov 29, 2008 8:40 AM

ratchet
Website

No, the complications weren't glitches, they were level design. Places that you thought you could go but you couldn't

#20 Nov 29, 2008 2:59 PM

RedDragonX
Website

I refer to them both as the same thing lol...I try not to get too technical. But I still didn't bump into many problems on the PS3 version...I got to just about all the places I needed to go...In Twilight Falls I did...not much to that level anyways....but some of the levels were much much worse....in terms of invisible walls and stuff.

#21 Dec 08, 2008 10:22 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

I hated the Destroyer level cause they played that same music from TEN over and over again. I couldn't concentrate that well while trying to find all the Dark crystals.

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#22 Dec 08, 2008 10:43 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Yeah that freaking level was annoying as hell...the crystals were in some pretty crappy locations...and even the strategy guide was screwed up on it...it didn't give the location of like 5 of the crystals lol...so I got really mad and stormed off...then came back and concentrated enough to find them lol...

#23 Dec 08, 2008 10:47 PM

Kazoobie64
Website

Ugh, what was up with that random downwards gust of wind between two platforms with a destroyer crystal? Anyone know what I'm talking about? I figured it was something you de-activate later, but it wouldn't so my friend was all like "screw this" and used Cynder's shadow thing and went through it. Was that how it was supposed to be done or did we cheat?

#24 Dec 08, 2008 10:56 PM

RedDragonX
Website

I so know which one your talking about...yeah that screwed me over for the longest time....I was so mad lol....I found a bunch of other stuff before going back...and I finally figured out that you are suppose to use the wall run to get around the gust....even then it was a real pain...but I didn't think you could get through it with Cynder's shadow so kudos to you for figuring that out lol...

#25 Dec 09, 2008 4:51 PM

old-spyro-owns

well i have the game (though i didn't reach that level yet......)

Yeah the graphix are awesome and sooooo cartoon...ish (?)
but the new games unfortunately are pointless.

what's the use of fighting giant lava monsters when you can follow shrimps
(i mean ripto)  all day?

and what has happened to good old hunter he was hilarious and I used to play the old games since I was 7.
first he was like "yeah come on spyro" *jumps into a tiny hole but the head is still stuck* then stomp on his head by an old dragon  big_smile
but now he's like *in an EPIC WICKED voice
" I am the Elder Hunter " or something.... it gets pretty stupid  (please the new games fans don't be offended I have nothing wrong against the new spyro or anything except the old sense of humour)

Classic Spyro OWNS the new Spyro
Anyone has an objection??
I think not

Board footer