Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun 14, 2008 2:10 PM

Volteer32
Gems: 0

Okay Spyro

Okay as we've seen Spyro through ANB and TEN pull off some pretty wicked Furys, what do you think Cynder will have tucked under those two silver gauntlets either front paw ?

From what her breaths are like, I'd be sure interested to see what they come up with.

So what would you like to see for each... take in mind these are the four breaths she has at her disposal.

Poison breath

Fear breath

Wind breath

Shadow breath

#2 Jun 14, 2008 2:12 PM

Doppelgangergang
Banned

Re: Okay Spyro

I can't wait to see!!!

#3 Jun 14, 2008 2:22 PM

spyrogirl39

I wonder what fear and shadow fury looks like. Going to have to wait and see!

#4 Jun 14, 2008 2:24 PM

Volteer32

Here's my take if Cynder were to have her own fury "finishing moves" as I prefer to call them:

Poison:

This one's pretty neat considering for what it can do.

Imagine Cynder rearing up as Spyro does, then all of a sudden you see this green "column" appear, about Cynder's width, then it expands and starts to throw off poison gas "waves" that spin around her reaching out over a set distance. Then all of a sudden with a slight gesture with both front paws from Cynder, you see this "pulse" shoot down through the column then all of a sudden *** BOOM *** it explodes into like a poison gas "nova".

Fear:

Cynder's neatest trick yet would be to develop some kind of telepathic power whereby she can tap into her enemy's deepest darkest fears, and then use it against them.

You'll see Cynder rise up, the screen darkens and her eyes glow that blue/green colour she has (her telepathic power at work), shadows surround her victim, you'll see them scream like those apes did in ANB, and then they fall to the ground in sheer terror as to what Cynder has got in mind for them (hehehe pun intended)

Shadow:

A devastating 26 hit combo.

Not sure if many of you know Akuma from Street Fighter, but his move is what I'm drawing on here, you'll see Cynder rear up a shadow drops over the screen .. a single flash Cynder then moves in and in a whirling claws, wingblades and tailblade attack she comes up with this nasty 26 hit combo that kills them on the spot...

Wind:

Get ready to be blown away by this one ... literally

Cynder again rises up, you'll see a central tornado surrounding her and then smaller tubular ones branching off around the screen, spinning in one particular direction. then when she's done the centre one will then expand blowing the enemies away literally ... they drop dead... end of story

#5 Jun 14, 2008 2:27 PM

spyrogirl39

Cool thoughts Volteer32!!!! ^^ much better than I thought.

#6 Jun 14, 2008 2:34 PM

Volteer32

Thanks for that

It's just that I was sitting here thinking what could she get up to since Spyro has his own.

Hopefully if I'm right ... it'll be a fluke lol tongue

Mind you the Shadow one does suck a bit .. if there's anything else I was thinking she could cast shadows over the playing area, before she darts around killing every enemy there is on screen *shrugs*

#7 Jun 14, 2008 2:46 PM

DragonFireOKN
Gems: 25

This topic should be called, "What will Cynder's breaths do, or look like?"

"Okay Spyro" makes no sense.

Anyway, I think fear will cause the enemies to retreat and leave you alone or paralyse them.

#8 Jun 14, 2008 2:47 PM

spyrogirl39

But I kinda do like that idea of shadow fury I don't think it sucks at all smile . My idea was cynder rising from the ground and black fog looking clouds cover up the enemies and once cynder is back on the ground all the bad guys dissapear.

#9 Jun 14, 2008 3:11 PM

Volteer32

Yeah I know I goofed with the topic of the post and that's exactly what I was aiming for ..

I was going to have the post pulled and then re-do it smile

#10 Jun 14, 2008 8:41 PM

Scarabbug

Oooh this is a really fun topic! big_smile Awesome idea.

Let’s think... Ummm...

Well, starting with Poison: it’s fairly obvious what this one could do: I’m thinking giant smog clouds, or smog whirlwinds, that fill huge portions of the screen and attack enemies en masse but obviously do no damage to the dragons. The smog could hang around afterwards, too, and continue to affect the enemies who came near Cynder for a while (I bet it’s green, too. Poison attacks are ALWAYS green: darkness and evil, colour coded for our convenience! big_smile)

Shadow: Ummm... everything gets dark? Hee. This will probably a dark-based attack. The lightning will probably go down a bit, swirling walls of black vapour will appear... maybe the floor turns to black gunk and the enemies are sucked away/into or other side and destroyed by their own mutating shadows. Or maybe a giant shadow version of her earlier dark sell will be projected over Cynder’s body scaring minions senseless and offering her a fraction of her earlier dark fury powers.

Fear: Enemies begin attacking each other. O else, something like the previous idea happens and Cynder’s older, darker self emerges to rip her new enemies apart... creepy.

Wind: So obvious, I’m not even going to go there. Look, there goes a flying ape!

#11 Jun 15, 2008 12:29 AM

Volteer32

#12 Jun 15, 2008 6:12 AM

Scarabbug

her fury for that would be similar to that which she showed us in Convexity in TLOS: ANB, BUT with a twist .... a whirling vortex into which her enemies are sucked and destroyed .... mehh it's only a thought but hey we'll have to see

I LIKE big_smile

It sounds more like a wind attack to me but your way sounds cooler. But maybe they could mix furies together and create different combos... Like mixing positions in certain videogames?

#13 Jun 15, 2008 6:59 AM

Volteer32

That's definitely no wind attack, imagine something that looks like a tornado, but more or less a "black hole" so to speak, it's something which Cynder traps her enemies and basically tortures them with the massive amount of telekinetic, telepathic or psychic energy she's placed in there.

"Welcome to my nightmare" you'd hear her say once it settles ...

But then again ... you don't want anything TOO spooky because it's going to be played by kids around about 10 or maybe younger ...

#14 Jun 15, 2008 8:59 PM

Gwenio
Website

They said they are changing how furies work.

#15 Jun 16, 2008 7:59 AM

Spyro_Loves_Me
Website

I'm really curious about the fear attack. I can see the others, but I'm really interested into how fear will work.
My guess to it would be that it scares off the enemy and makes them not attack you giving you the opportunity to nail a nice combo without worry. :-P

#16 Jun 16, 2008 9:48 AM

Volteer32

#17 Jun 17, 2008 7:02 AM

Spyro_Loves_Me
Website

Yeah, yeah .. That's what I meant ... Haha.
I'd like that better though. Would probably be a hassle to chase them around.

#18 Jun 17, 2008 11:08 AM

Volteer32

Ohhh I just thought of something, they could always bring a touch of "The Matrix" into it ... yep I mean DRAGON TIME!!

I know it might be annoying for some, but at least some special effects showing Cynder and/or Spyro kicking some serious enemy backside.

Team effort

Cynder: Watch out Spyro you got this nasty fly looking creature right behind you (Spyro grabs her by the wrist and she wheels around kicking out with her hind talons and then the tailblade slices it in half).

Spyro: Uhhh Cynder ... don't look now but there's this evil UGLY troll looking creature behind you... (Cynder drops to the ground on her back and uses her wrists to catapult Spyro at said enemy, unleashing a devastating 15 hit claws horns and tail combo on it ... it falls over backwards and dies)..

Both of them hop up, back to back they look around ... okay who's next!! tongue

Board footer