You are not logged in.

#1 Dec 16, 2006 7:13 AM

Shyro
Gems: 0

Trivia

Trivia

Unlike other Spyro titles, the game does not begin in the hub of the first world, but instead begins in one of the world's levels, Glimmer. The European version of the game is subtitled Gateway to Glimmer for this reason.

When the player collects 64 orbs and 10,000 gems they can open up a gate in Dragon Shores. Inside the gate is what looks like a superflame powerup that when passed through grants the player a permanent superflame ability.

Coincedintally, In the Fracture Hills realm, there is a faun named Sheila. This is the name of a playable kangaroo character in the next game: Spyro: Year of the Dragon. Plus, the sparkplug thieves in Mystic Marsh are kangaroos.

Both Fracture Hills and Magma Cone are home to the fauns and the Earthshapers, and are both levels in Autumn Plains. Elora's homeworld can possibly be Fracture Hills, since Fracture Hills' fauns are all female and Magma Cone's fauns are all male.

Possibly coincidentally, 'Metropolis' is also the name of a level from the first and third installments of Insomniac's Ratchet & Clank series. The robots in the level bear a passing resemblence to Clank.

#2 Dec 29, 2007 4:30 PM

Iceferno
Website

Re: Trivia

Interesting Trivia. I never really thought about the Magma Cone and Fracture Hills connection before smile

#3 Dec 29, 2007 10:54 PM

sleva10
Website

I noticed it a time ago... In Spyro 3, the ground work of moving (Subs, Agent9 ) forms the ground work of what which will be Ratchet and Clank in the future.

In breeze harbor and Zephyr, there are birds fighting worms and the other way around. They both attack each other and Spyro helps out in the war on both sides.

#4 Dec 29, 2007 11:08 PM

Iceferno
Website

Ah yeah, I remember Zephyr and Breeze Harbour fighting against eachother. When you get to the bird at the end of the harbour stage, he says something like "Now we can retaliate against Zephyr".

Board footer