Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 18, 2008 4:13 AM

ratchet
Gems: 0
Website

Things i have to say on this game

hmmmm, i dont know why anyone would like AHT, i mean think its their favourite Spyro game, i mean seriously, there was hardly any minigames and they ones that they were were bland or already done. The playable characters are just an excuse for minigames. The free roaming thing was debatable, some people loved it and others prefered portals, i prefered portals because it was one of those Spyro trademarks. The Humour was also debatable in AHT, i liked it how it picked on video games and on itself, i hated the change of character in everyone, dispite if it could be blamed on the Dark gems. The Double jump was rather not needed and that and a few extra thibgs mimicked ratchet and clank. Now i like Ratchet and clank, but i did not want Spyro to end up like Ratchet andclank, Spyro is Spyro, Ratchet and Clank is Ratchet and Clank. THe breaths were more useful than in ETD but still anooying an unneeded, but with the fact that more ideas needed to be introduced, it was a good idea. The ple jumping was annoying, and probably one of the reasons i didn't like this game, the Ball mimicked Crash: WOC but i liked the ball, the levels were big but a bit far too big, the backtracking was god in the small worlds in the originals, but not AHT. But i would of prefered it if things stuck to their powerup gates, and actually follow Spyro's old trademarks and ideas, i didn't know why whirlwinds were called what they were called. The switching of breath and charge i found was the MOST annoying part of the game, seriously, why did they have to do that? Moneybag's role was also different aswell as the gems, it was a good idea but it was kind of annoying, having to buy a lock pick for EVERY chest.
The map was helpful, and i actually found at times that i was dependant on it, which i found annoying also. THe Sparx missions were real teethbiters, the Sgt.Byrds were fun at most times, The Spyro canons were fun yet hard, the blinks were boring and the hunter i havn't done yet. Collecting was alot more prominent in this game, having to a number of things for a light gem or an egg, and i found that the whole "egg first and then ya get the light gem" very annoying, because i dont really want the art or the skins, i just want to go further in the game. I also hated it how if you fall into lava you die straight away, compared to in the originals your but gets burned and you get to jump out of it. Other than all that, the game was fun, i havn't beaten it yet, but i suspect that it wil be long, and not as fun as the originals.
Still better than TLOS

#2 Mar 18, 2008 6:19 AM

spyromaster330

Re: Things i have to say on this game

Yeah this game was a disapointment. It was nowhere near as good as i expected it to be. Portals are way better then this free roaming thing and i didn't like the mini games that it had. Blink was a good enough character but his mini games wernt. Sgt Byrd's parts were probaly the best. Sparx's wernt very good. Hunters were ok but they could have been way better

#3 Mar 18, 2008 7:40 AM

ratchet
Website

i dont know why they made Sgt. Byrd the Speedway demon, why couldn't it be Spyro, he has wings.

#4 Mar 19, 2008 6:35 AM

spyromaster330

^ yeah i missed the spyro speedways. I didn't really like the idea of the dark gems either.

#5 Mar 19, 2008 1:10 PM

shadowsfall
Website

do you think the dark gems are really the source of reds power?
i mean cause in the end he is still pretty strong you know

#6 Mar 20, 2008 1:32 AM

bmah

#7 Mar 20, 2008 5:30 AM

ratchet
Website

"hmmmm, i dont know why anyone would like AHT, i mean think its their favourite Spyro game" is what i said

#8 Mar 20, 2008 7:40 AM

bmah

Oh, cross that first part out then.

Anyways, I found myself exploring a lot more in this game probably because of it's enormity (and the fact that all levels are connected). Some levels are pretty well done like Dragonfly Falls (great scenery, graphics, calm music), some puzzled me a bit like Sunken Ruins, and others seem plain tedious or long such as those snow/ice levels. I think part of the reason some people might not like the AHT is how the game was structured. I was more used to smaller levels which you enter via portals, whereas in this game, there's a gradual transition from one level to another - gives the feeling of exploration on a larger scale. It might've bothered some people.

#9 Mar 20, 2008 8:09 AM

ratchet
Website

THe Homeworlds were too big, homeworlds are just supposed to be a ffun way of using a  map system or a hub, but AHT made the homeworlds annoying. Yeah, the level design was pretty good, i wasn't a big fan of the music but it wasn't bad.

#10 Mar 28, 2008 5:25 PM

Kat
Website

#11 May 11, 2008 2:43 AM

depaul

I think the reason why people liked the portals is that their is a sense of compartmentalization. For instance, if I were to play a level in Spyro 2, I could go in, finish the level in 15-30 minutes, and there's this well defined beginning and end. All the levels are different, and the variety in both sound, sight, and gameplay make it easy. Combine this variety with the structure of the game and it makes it really easy to pick up and play. And its fun.

The AHT structure (I've never played, but I've read alot) gives me the impression that you're kind of drifting between settings. The style of gameplay is similar throughout, and the variation in the environments comes at long intervals. That might make it a little more tedious to play.

#12 May 11, 2008 7:19 AM

ratchet
Website

eh, AHT is just like A change to the Originals in all the wrong places. I Found it sad that ETD and AHT were original Spyro's Only chances on 6th gen home consoles.

#13 May 11, 2008 6:23 PM

MetalHead

I disliked the fact that they downgraded such a perplex and advanced individual such as Bently into a lesser-minded and minor-charactered unintellectual.   XD

#14 May 12, 2008 3:25 AM

Aicebo

I really dislike AHT.
And I've been stuck for about two years or so. xD

#15 May 15, 2008 9:02 AM

spyromaster330

#16 May 15, 2008 11:20 AM

ratchet
Website

Probably the thing which makes people like AHT is particuarly the breaths, some really like how to breaths are more useful than ETD, how some enemies can be defeated by different breaths and enemies take later to defeat.
This just annoyed me more than anything, maybe the Originals are just too easy for my own gooD!

"I disliked the fact that they downgraded such a perplex and advanced individual such as Bently into a lesser-minded and minor-charactered unintellectual."
Really proves that Eurocom didn't reasearch very much, they probably just saw one picture of him and thought "Hes one of those stereotypical big stong dumb guys". They didn't know that betley was all big, strong and bright.

#17 May 18, 2008 7:00 PM

Dragonstar

I liked it a lot, but it disappointed me in some ways -one way is that you had to fight the same boss twice-Red. Another way is that there are lots of glitches, and your game can easily be corrupted if you are not careful.
Yet Another way is that Spyro loses a life from everything-even a kick from a Gnorc. If I was him it wouldn't have hurt me..

#18 May 26, 2008 11:41 AM

ratchet
Website

hmmmmmmmmmm, maybe some people really liked the characters?

Board footer