Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec 30, 2007 11:44 PM

sleva10
Gems: 0
Website

Spyro 2: Double jump reachable locations.

#2 Jan 19, 2008 7:56 PM

Pete the Iguana

Re: Spyro 2: Double jump reachable locations.

That's a fun glitch! I've used it, thus far, in:

--Hurricos: If you use it (the glitch) on the platform that's on the left side of the first force field, you can glide over to the generator entrance and complete the "Shut down the Gear Grinder factory" mission before going through the level. From there you can use the glitch to jump on top of the factory from the platform that's right behind the Electroll that gives you the orb after you shut down the generator. After you're on top of the factory, you can get to any place in hurricos.

--Sunny Beach: You can get on top of the wall surrounding Master Chef's soup cauldron and from there, go around the perimeter of the last section of the beach.

--Glimmer: You actually don't even need the glitch for this one. If you use the Superfly powerup outside, you can use hover to land on top of the grassy hills, then run around the level in a way that's a lot like Stone Hill in Spyro 1.

--Idol Springs: There are a few spots where you can get on top of the bordering hills. You can also land on top of the idol that's hungry for fish.

#3 Jan 20, 2008 12:19 PM

WinterTundra

big_smile Another cool one is in Autumn Plains at the top of the ladder where the professor is you can go around the side nearest to the level "Fracture Hills" and double jump out of the building to behind the door which requires 8 orbs to open, very useful if you are attempting to complete the game without a single orb collected. I've done it so it is possible big_smile

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in a hour.
-William Blake
Ps: I am espeonfreak!!! (youtube)

#4 Jan 21, 2008 5:24 AM

Pete the Iguana

Found a new one today (actually as beneficial as it is fun):

--Zephyr: You can use the glitch to jump on top of the wall surrounding the platforms area right next to the exit of the first cave. Once you're up there, you can run around the perimeter of all the areas that contain cowleks. You can also get to Juliet and skip the entire challenge with the Professor's magic seeds by gliding across the void between the main area and the seed-challenge area, landing on the perimeter there, and then gliding down to where Juliet is.

#5 Jan 22, 2008 2:37 AM

Misa

The tower in Autumn Plains

#6 Jan 22, 2008 4:25 AM

Pete the Iguana

...and another one (also beneficial if you don't like paying Moneybags):

--Magma Cone: You can use the double jump to get onto the wall/cliff that surrounds the first area of this level by using glitch on the left or right side of the entrance to the elevator (far back from the actual entrance, though). Once you're up there, you can jump and glide from one of the spikes (sticking out of the towers that jut out of the cliffs) to the first ledge of the building that the elevator is in, then use the glitch to get on top of it (a bit trickier, as you have to land on the front area of the building). You can also glide (from the wall/cliff, one of the spiked towers, or the top of the elevator building) through the "void" from the first area of the level to the volcano area, thus, avoiding having to pay Moneybags to use the elevator (Sucker!) if it's your first time throught the level.

Man, I love this glitch!

#7 Jan 30, 2008 6:17 AM

Juice box

On top of the main building in Hurricos (You can also get up there if you do the proxy jump on the fan button). From here you can jump through the roof of the last room and go straight to the end. smile

Woooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

#8 Jan 30, 2008 6:33 AM

ratchet
Website

yeah, these glitches help you in Spyro 2 (race to dragon shores) speedruns.

#9 Jan 30, 2008 11:54 PM

Juice box

Oh yeah that's right ^. I managed to beat the game using the glitch up to dragon shores without getting a single orb. smile

Woooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Jan 31, 2008 7:00 AM

ratchet
Website

yeah, lol. My time clocked 55 minutes just as i entered Winter tundra but i couldn't do that glitch which enables the swimming in the air there
well it didn't matter anyway, i hadnt even practised that glitch ONCE and thats was my first try at the speedrun.

#11 Feb 02, 2008 3:14 AM

Cynder794

In Glimmer, I've actually gotten past the bridge without paying Moneybags... WITHOUT the double jump!

Board footer