Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#126 Aug 03, 2008 2:02 PM

Neotyguy40
Gems: 0

Re: My Review of The Eternal Night (The worst Spyro game ever)

I loved TEN, but I hated how it was rushed. The enemies and bosses were the same, but with a different model or skin over them... THAT is what made me the most angry.

#127 Aug 24, 2008 9:34 PM

Swaffy
Gems: 218

#128 Aug 25, 2008 12:06 AM

Kazoobie64
Website

#129 Aug 26, 2008 11:50 PM

Gwenio
Website

#130 Aug 27, 2008 1:17 AM

Kazoobie64
Website

And I didn't say nobody. It's one thing for an "epic" storyline to be similar to another, but having the same overused pacing, twists, character purposes and other formulas that have been done to an extent is what is considered a clichè. (Then again, the japanese do the exact same thing with their animes most of the time, but hardly anyone seems to rag on them.) And if it was unintentional, which I doubt for a professional field, then it's just poorly researched.

#131 Aug 28, 2008 12:54 PM

jellyspyro

i liked that game but TOOO HARD whenever u died u hav to start it all over (not the game)im just glad it wasnt as bad as enter the dragon fly i was soooooo disapionted.it was slow at loadin it was a short game and moneybags wasnt in it much. ufos with cows lol. big_smile  ant way i cant wait for dawn of the dragon....................................................................................

#132 Aug 28, 2008 2:16 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

#133 Oct 07, 2008 1:59 AM

Spyro.

#134 Oct 07, 2008 7:02 AM

cynderfan
Website

#135 Oct 08, 2008 12:14 AM

Gwenio
Website

#136 Oct 09, 2008 12:08 AM

Spyro.

#137 Oct 11, 2008 2:34 PM

SpyroFan2071

i LOVED this game and everythin in between! but thats just my opinion... i passed it in two days flat (like a new beginning) and didnt think it was hard or long at all!

WHOOOO 11 days till christmas!! I CANT WAIT!

#138 Nov 03, 2008 3:21 PM

Kalliah
Website

I thought it was pretty repetitive too. p:  Enemy concepts, sounds, and I think a little bit of music was repeated too.  Say, the Ravage Rider.  Was almost EXACTLY like Steam and the Conductor from ANB.  Those elemental bosses at the ends of the challenges were basically the same as the Ice King.  Arborick might as well have been the Stone Sentinel.  The pirates could have been the three sizes of Apes in costumes.

Throughout the game, they hardly go into anything that's going on on Gaul's side of the game.  There's not much interaction between Spyro and the Guardians, unlike ANB, where there were Guardian discussions. 

I won't go much further, can't think much about this game right now. p:

#139 Nov 03, 2008 9:47 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Just finished the game this weekend, so here's my two cents.

My expectations going into it were very low, but I must admit I didn't hate it half as much as I thought I would. However, that does not make it what I would call a good game.

Mainly, it was too repetitive, too linear, and too easy. Granted, there were parts of the game that made me want to tear my hair out because I had to do them over and over, but I wouldn't call it "hard", just frustrating. Most of the time, if you're in a tight situation, you can just use fury to get out of it, and if not, it isn't that hard to repeat. At one point, I handed the controller to my eleven-year-old sister (who has played very few video games and exactly zero combat ones), and even she was able to defeat all the enemies easily. I didn't even tell her the controls; she basically just pressed random buttons. My conclusion: the gameplay takes almost no skill and is almost all "button mashing".

The story was OK, but not really what I'd call epic. DDR and I both had a good laugh at the "poem" in the Chronicler's world ("pathways unfold, lost is found. Prove your worth with quick desire...") What does that even mean? It seemed like they just strung some random words together that happened to rhyme. Yes, the story was cliche, but that wasn't so much of an issue. It just annoyed me how hard they tried to make the story seem epic when it's really just a dragon kids' game.

Anyway, that's my opinion. First person to attack me gets banned. (kidding.)

#140 Nov 04, 2008 12:51 AM

TornWings

I'm feeling daring today... (Attacks)

I forgot about all of the poem stuff...I didn't make much out of it either, but it reinforced the "This place is creepy" vibe very well.

I actually need to go get it again now, wish I'd just bought it when I had the chance.

Also, you do need a bit of... strategy(?) when fighting things like the blundertails and the bosses (though they made the bosses not as fun to fight in the 2nd game)

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#141 Nov 04, 2008 1:06 AM

Kazoobie64
Website

I've heard a lot of people complain about that one part on the ship with a bunch of monkeys and two dudes that threw purple aura things, I forget. Am I the only one that just stood next to the unlimited mana crystal in a corner and mashed triangle ice attack to death?

Board footer