You are not logged in.

#1 Nov 06, 2007 3:38 AM

Crashpro3
Gems: 0
Website

My Review of The Eternal Night (The worst Spyro game ever)

Gameplay: What? Oh yeah, the thing they forgot to make fun. The game is very long, boring, long, and hard, did I mention the levels are long? The game is way too challanging, infact, you will be stuck not even half way rhorugh the game, then the next boss will be hard, then the next...

Anyway, you control Spyro, no one else, and you can jump, breath "magic" as they describe it in the game, do a very hard to control charge attack, and your melee attacks. I seriously could care less for the Wii controls, so I use the classic controller (the only good idea put into this stupid game). If you played A New Beginning, there is nothing new when it comes to controls. Just the stupid cammera will kill the whole game, oh, did I metion there is a flashing light flickering when you turn the camera? I heard a few Pokemon episodes were banned due to light flickering, which caused death to a few viewers. Now I just don't want to turn on the news for a while. Let's refer to this Spyro as Spyro the Killer.

Story: The story is very nice actually, although is very confusing. First of all, Spyro has lost his powers after defeating Cynder in A New Beginning. Now that Cynder is free from the Dark Master, she is small and good. What happens now? She leaves the temple for no reason I can explain right now. When Spyro goes back to the temple, it gets attacked. What happens next, well, you'll have to see...

Overall: WHAT DID I JUST BUY???

This purple dragon gets a 4/10. FAILURE IS THE ONLY OPTION NOW!!!

#2 Nov 06, 2007 6:14 AM

Spyro_Loves_Me
Website

Re: My Review of The Eternal Night (The worst Spyro game ever)

Well, everyone has their own opinions. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I would even say it's better than ANB.
Yes, the gameplay was MUCH harder, which made me happy. ANB was too simple. I'm glad this one was more challenging. Kept me from beating it too quickly.
And long? Heh, too short for my liking. But really, I wouldn't say long.
And a flickering light.. Yeah, you lost me there.
"Failure is the only option now." - Um.. False. smile

#3 Nov 06, 2007 8:09 AM

ratchet
Website

i'll have to buy it, so far i know almost nothing

#4 Nov 06, 2007 10:16 AM

Rexy
Website

Each to their own, but I seriously doubt that ANY Spyro game can end up being a lot worse than Enter the Dragonfly. And I actually thought that the guys at Krome neglected the PS2 controls if anything, never mind the Wii. o_O

#5 Nov 06, 2007 6:53 PM

Spyrofriend
Gems: 147

I use the PS2 so i can't speak for the control of the Wi. As For Cynder, she left because she felt she didn't belong there, I partly blame Sparx whith him constantly badmouthing her...She doesn't really appear much in the game, except at the end. Its a shame too, they could have explored her backstory much better.

#6 Nov 06, 2007 7:32 PM

EternalNight

They will explain her backstory alot more in the last game (hopefully) or I will be unhappy sad

#7 Nov 06, 2007 7:42 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

I enjoyed the story much more then the gameplay. I think it was too challenging. It gets annoying.

#8 Nov 06, 2007 7:47 PM

Spyrofriend

Well, that is why you should level up your breaths and attacks ASAP, because then you'll have a better chance of making it through the game. I liked the storyline, how much do you want to bet the chronicler was one of the Elders who sealed away the dark master?

#9 Nov 09, 2007 7:12 PM

Vitani333

I see why you dont like it.. but you cant expect the game to easy. I defeated the whold game in 8 days, and there were only 2 places I got stuck, both near the end. Of couse the levels are long! This isn't like the old games where you go la-de-da im in the happy cute little peaceful homeworld oh, theres a bad guy i can kill him in a simgle flame, oh pretty gems, I can buy stuff now! La-de-da, oh, a froggie, im hurt so if I flame this I go health again ^-^. No. This game is enemies around every corner. You have to fight to survive, enemies are hard to kill, no "homeworld". It's challenging. You just have to accept it.
My rating- 9/10

#10 Nov 10, 2007 1:13 AM

Razz
Website

In general, I agree with everyone who didn't enjoy the gameplay experience. It was lousy. The story was decent but predictable. I was mostly in it for Cynder, and that ended up being kind of disappointing because she, the former evil queen, was reduced to "damsel in distress you never really get to see". Oh, and I liked the concept art galleries. But it is not a game I enjoy playing multiple times (though I liked the platforming). As much as I'd like to collect all the extras, I'm having a lot more fun with the old Spyro games and "Drakengard" (and I hate "Drakengard"s gameplay, but it is so much more fun than TEN's; at least when Caim gets mobbed, they don't all beat him to death while he's down and can't move).

I agree with the IGN folks about TEN: 3.5/10.

#11 Nov 12, 2007 10:57 AM

SamSam

#12 Nov 13, 2007 1:11 AM

LoneKnight
Website

Personally, I liked the challenge. I can't stand it when you easily walk into beating a game. Beating it should require skill and intensity.

#13 Nov 18, 2007 2:58 PM

AArdwark

Game look in E3 trailer is wonderful.But after played not as wonderful be seen.

#14 Nov 18, 2007 3:05 PM

Game_Girl_2007

Saying it's the worst Spyro game is a bit steep, don't ya think? XD

I actually really enjoyed it. and to be honest. I enjoy the newer games more than the older ones. XP

The LoS series did NOT ruin the fandom. Nor would a Spyro movie ruin it. The fans are doing that themselves by their constant whining and complaining about small, idiotic things. It's the Sonic fandom all over again.

#15 Nov 18, 2007 4:21 PM

LordCrump10

I expected you to have mentioned this eventually. <.<;

And frankly you make perfect sense in your logic. The Wii version wasn't that amazing (I never actually used the Wiimote's movements, just the "B" button).

#16 Nov 19, 2007 2:37 PM

Lancer232
Website

TEN was...erm...ok in my eyes.  Yea I expected a bit more out of it, and I didn't expect such a challenge either (I loved the challenge however).  Gameplay: Ok, I like the fights, BUT, I don't like how some of the attacks you use can kill you (the fire-dash thing throwing you off the cliff) or do I like how fast they can drain your breath meter (which I'm not too fond of either).  Hopefully the 3rd one will be much better...and if they make a new Spyro series...hope that will really throw me against a wall.

My rating: 5/10

#17 Nov 19, 2007 9:32 PM

CynderRules

my rating 8/10, why??

*enhanced story plot, complete with hidden meanings and having ppl 'read' between the lines.

*better, smoother graphics, i have yet to get frozen on this game even once

*character interchange (jokes, facial expressions, etc.)

*the ending!!! man i like totally cried during the ending, the song didn't help much either.

*voices actually represent who the character was. in the first spyro game he sounded like a total nerd!!!

*and most importantly........IT'S A SPYRO GAME!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

#18 Nov 20, 2007 4:35 PM

Spyrofriend

#19 Nov 20, 2007 5:23 PM

Gwenio
Website

#20 Nov 20, 2007 6:34 PM

Rexy
Website

Additionally, why did you agree with the Wii version's review at IGN just out of interest? Sure, you may not like the game much but the IGN review was heavily sloppy - why was it given a 3.6 when the Gameplay was rated a whole point higher?

#21 Nov 21, 2007 2:11 AM

LordCrump10

Also, to comment with those negatively... the combat was much too easy thanks to the new magic moves, infinite green health gems and the staggeringly large amount of health/magic gems could recover.

The bosses were also INCREDIBLY easy. The only thing that made them SLIGHTLY challenging was the fact that you HAD to start from round one if you died.

#22 Nov 22, 2007 6:08 AM

Crashpro3
Website

#23 Nov 22, 2007 7:00 AM

Spyro_Loves_Me
Website

#24 Nov 22, 2007 8:33 AM

Rexy
Website

#25 Nov 23, 2007 1:40 AM

LordCrump10

Board footer