Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 May 12, 2007 12:49 AM

andi01
Gems: 0
Website

what i think about legend of spyro

ok the first place(snowy area)First i thought ok kill all of these bad guys then further through out the game same thing over and over and over again! the only thing that changed was the area,boss and bad guys I mean really sierra really messed this one up.Isnomic made waay better spyro games I mean at least there was a location!There were movies too that was really cool! Too bad isnomic were still the creatores.Next thing you know they will take away some of the charcters! like Hunter,Zoe,Moneybags.

#2 May 12, 2007 2:22 AM

ratchet
Website

Re: what i think about legend of spyro

ya, i've said many times that insomniac never should have sold the games, but serously, who would of made Eatchet and clank?
but yeah, i'm still getting tires of r & c

#3 May 12, 2007 2:42 AM

Rexy
Website

#4 May 12, 2007 5:15 AM

ratchet
Website

really, i'm starting to believe that TLOSANB is in another unviverse (a parralel universe)

#5 Aug 17, 2007 1:44 AM

SpyroxEmber
Website

Yeah, the whole fact of there were only, like, 6 areas in the whole game really bothered me. And all of that fighting! Ugh..

#6 Aug 26, 2007 7:08 PM

dingodile555
Website

I borrowed the PS2 version, I didn't like it. However, I bought the DS version and it's pretty good. But I must say, there's a little too much fighting for me. And there's hardly any platforming either... But I think it's great.

#7 Aug 27, 2007 5:30 AM

warrior_juggalo

I did not like the controls, The fact that you don't collect anything, All the fansy moves that you don't really need at all, I only used circle button the whole time i was fighting, Even boss's, You can hardly turn while charging, How short the game was, If you where not stuck in area's and forced to fight i swear it would take you 10 minutes to finish it.

#8 Aug 31, 2007 8:38 AM

ratchet
Website

well i actually havn't played the game which makes me sound pretty stupid (ranting about something i havn't played).
Yeah, but what i've heard, this game was more of a fighting game then a platformer, were there minigames?, puzzles?, things to collect? Variety of worlds? Variety of characters (including playable)?

#9 Mar 03, 2009 11:55 PM

dragonball06
Birthday: 6 April

I think this is my kind of Spyro game

I wasn't too much into the old games, since i didn't have a PS1, and I am not a big fan of minigames.  I like that they have know have him in a game where it's all about following the story...it's the way story based games should be, in my opnion.....free all out play with no distractions other than the main mission.

Everyone has a purpose...
and everyone has a choice...

It's up to us to make the right one

#10 Apr 12, 2009 8:28 PM

Firefly

Well Universal always had a stake in it didn't they? And since sony had a stake in Insominac they had to be separated to go multiplatform. Some call this a mistake, but I think A New Beginning is a respectable game. I like the more innovative gameply. I think the variety of Melee attacks ad to the game. Not that insominacs games weren't good. They're both fun well amdegames, it's just in different ways.

LOS is a recreation of the Spyro universe, I'd like to see some of the old characters return, but there's no guarentee.

On the plus side if Insominac still did the games we'd all be getting gouched for an overpriced PS3 right now. There wouldn't be any Spyro for Wii/Xbox... Stuff to think about... tongue

-Firefly

#11 Dec 19, 2009 6:53 PM

Zoku
Website

#12 Dec 20, 2009 8:29 AM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

Wow, way to bump.

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#13 Dec 20, 2009 4:32 PM

ixr

To much fighting not enough puzzles and other stuff

I have no memory of this place...

#14 Jan 08, 2010 4:49 PM

JakBandiFan

TLOS: A New Begining Review

Cutscenes - 10/10
Music - 10/10
Gameplay - 6.7/10
Story - 5.2/10
Character Development - 4.9/10

Overall - 7.2/10 (not an average)

I got a bit bored at some points in this game. OK, sometimes I even get bored when playing any of the original three Spyro games (nothing wrong with original Spyro - just my general moods change when it comes to games). The combat was blocky and felt unpolished.

The new Spyro is a bit of a Gary Stu. He is calm 95% of the time, even when something is wrong. When he is upset, the peformance is wooden. The script needs fixing. A lot. Sparx is a Gary Stu as well. He is hardly sad in the game.

The cutscenes are perfect and so is the music.

Only the last level is excellent. You get the Earth breath, which rules out the blocky combat system. The mine cart chase scene was awesome and I loved the final boss battle.

I think Activision should look at Final Fantasy (I plan to get into that franchise that day) and look how a story is told properly through good script writing and character development.

I'm a secret duck who lives in the glitchy but nice Honey Marshes. My day to day job is to spy on the blue guys so they won't get up to much mischief.

Board footer