#101 Jan 06, 2010 1:28 PM

Phoenix_Flyer
Gems: 0
Website

Re: Darkness of Blood (A Dark RP )

Lumistar smiled at Busa but said nothing, she was glad that he was finally giving Nithran some sort of chance, though whether the black and gold dragon deserved it was yet to be seen.
She then turned towards the direction of the ruined castle and sniffed the air.

"Where should we start?"

#102 Jan 06, 2010 4:50 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

"No Idea. I failed to find anything in the formal "east wing", like I call it." He pointed to a large area of the ruins where he had been searching for clues before. "Or..." he stoped for a second. "...or we just have to search where this feeling is the strongest." He felt stupid. Why didn't he think about that earlier? "That is, if you feel what I feel as well. Like something is not allright." he said as he randomly looked at some crumbled walls.

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#103 Jan 06, 2010 4:55 PM

Nightfall
Birthday: 26 August
Website

"Of course it's not alright, hundreds of people are dead." Busa limped ahead towards the ruins. "Guess we could pass through here." His left knee had been giving him trouble lately.

#104 Jan 06, 2010 6:28 PM

Aceedwin

Dayn flew back at a leisurely pace to his new land, followed by a few more of his men to make his presence known to the new villagers. He had plans for this land. He was looking for ore deposits in such rocky areas. After all, right now he was more or less relying on healthy trading with a kingdom far south. He was losing a lot of his crop for the slightest bit of metal. A self-sufficient country was the hallmark of the healthy country.

#105 Jan 06, 2010 11:01 PM

Phoenix_Flyer
Website

Lumistar just followed Busa without speaking and while still carrying Nithran, she looked about her. It was quite upsetting seeing how much damage had been done and knowing how many lives had been lost.

#106 Jan 06, 2010 11:59 PM

A Guy
Website

#107 Jan 08, 2010 9:27 PM

Nightfall
Website

Busa looked up at the large hill that was before them. "I was hunting near to there last night and came across a cave. I'm guessing that it leads through the hill to the other side, where the castle... used to stand. I'm guessing that's the best way to go."

He began to walk forwards, but as he lifted his left leg he tripped over a large stone. His knee flared up in a pulsing pain. He grunted and collapsed it. The knee was immobilised. For a short time, anyway. He swore and tried to use his staff to get to his feet, but failed. He swore again, worse this time, and then sat there, looking and feeling pathetic. "I bet you lot can't believe your luck - stuck with an old coot like me." He chuckled half - heartedly.

#108 Jan 08, 2010 9:49 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Nithran was as quiet as ever, still knocked out on Lumistar's shoulder.

#109 Jan 08, 2010 11:45 PM

A Guy
Website

Over the next few days, Gravius slowly regained movement in his leg. He taught the children several things. He taught them about proper greetings. He taught them about how and how not to react to certain situations. He warned them about mentioning his name anywhere, lest they all be put in danger. He instructed them to keep their orientation when leaving the desert, as a single turn could ruin a journey. When it was time to go, he gave them the daggers and told them to ask some people in a settlement where to find a medicine store.

Serm picked up one of the daggers and tossed it with a loose grip. It slipped and fell to the ground.

"This is a horrible throwing weapon," he said.

"That's because it's not usually a throwing weapon. You stab with it, like this." Gravius took a dagger - the one that had struck him - and performed some stabbing maneuvers aimed at thin air. "With that out of the way, we don't want these daggers contaminating the rest of your items - in the worst case, the poison might even be triggered on contact. Put them in separate containers."

Jeren brought a wooden container that had enough space to fit both daggers with the blade sticking outwards, safe enough to pick up one without the danger of pricking oneself, but small enough to not cause too much rattling and cause too much lost of the pasty, orange poison. Serm decided to carry this case, and it was strapped on his back with one of the few spare cloths available, tied around his chest.

Jeren offered to carry the group's supplies. Marka offered to carry Bali, who would not be safe without the other three. They had stocked up enough for a week's journey out of the desert and to find whatever settlement they needed to (Gravius hoped this was enough, but waiting too long would be dangerous, he thought). The group said their farewells and they were off.

After the second day, the sand began to thin out. It was eventually replaced with light, dry, cracked ground, then with non-cracked ground, and the ground became darker and darker as they passed until the first vegetation was seen.

"This was the tree line that we were told we'd see..." Jeren said.
"Yes, it is! Hold on, let me see where we are..." said Marka, "just hold Bali for me."
Serm took hold of Bali and began to land with Jeren as Marka darted up higher than Serm and Jeren would usually go, until she was little more than a dot in the sky. After a while, she came back to them.

"I believe that a settlement would be that way," she said, pointing in the direction she was talking about. "We should be able to find some food there, and hopefully the barbarians won't rip us apart."They continued on, Jeren and Marka switching roles.

#110 Jan 09, 2010 9:19 AM

MrXLink

Although Silver was a little worried, he decided the "old man" could get up by himself. After he saw that he couldn't get up anymore, he tried to get him up again. "If you're having trouble with your leg, why don'y you just fly, like me?" Silver said. He had switched between flying and walking quite a lot. He had the ability to fly very slowly, with use of his air magic. It didn't cost much energy and it was more comfortable for him than walking.

"To be honest, I think it's going to be difficult to walk up the hill with your leg..." He smiled friendly and looked at the big hill. "So... where is this cave?"

#111 Jan 09, 2010 10:10 AM

Aceedwin

Dayn was busy on his new lands, dashing around like a child on his birthday. He spoke feverishly to a little subordinate with a clipboard.
'A granary mayhaps? Or we could always build a school here. 'Tis a little out of the way. But not far away enough for a granary, so I'll go for the school.' His assistant scribbled furiously, trying to keep up with his lord.
Dayn peered back at the planned map he had dictated. He tutted gently to himself. He'd left no room for a market. Ah, a little shuffling would sort it out. Who knows, he thought, this is good land for a capital. I grow tired of that citadel anyway, it's too small for a palace. He nodded to himself, and turned his eyes to the ruins of the castle, or temple, or whatever it had been. He'd have it rebuilt! It would be the center of his kingdom. Dayn's eyes glazed over as he idealised.
"My lord," came a barking salute, and Dayn refocused to notice Polka, his first female officer. Oh it was all very well saying you were equal opportunity, but then some young lady mucked it up by making you prove it, "Permission to run a registrar on the new subjects."
"Permission granted, and I think I should accompany you."
Polka nodded, and hurried off to find a ledger and some pens. Dayn turned back, took the clipboard from his assistant, and made a few quick changes. A domestic section over here, and a guardhouse just to the left, giving a little extra security. Now, all he needed was about three times as many subjects. Certainly a problem.

#112 Jan 09, 2010 4:46 PM

Nightfall
Website

Busa smiled gratefully at Silver. His leg was starting to hurt less now. Slowly and supporting himself on his staff, he got to his feet. "This bloody leg..." He grumbled, straightening it out. He smiled again at Silver. "It's just an old injury that plays up now and again. I'll be OK, thank you."

"The cave?" Busa scanned the ground, looking to see if he could recognise his footprints from the night before. "This way, I think." He said, pointing his staff into the undergrowth, and limping off in that direction.

#113 Jan 09, 2010 9:30 PM

Phoenix_Flyer
Website

Lumistar switched Nithran onto her opposite shoulder and followed, she hadn't spoken for a while; not because she was upset, but because she just preferred to travel silence.

#114 Jan 10, 2010 6:31 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

(Should we timeskip so we can continue? Let's take a vote.)

#115 Jan 10, 2010 7:04 PM

Nightfall
Website

((Well in my next post, I was gonna make Busa enter the cave. Shall I do that?))

#116 Jan 10, 2010 7:35 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

(Go ahead. I just thought I'd ask so we can get moving)

#117 Jan 10, 2010 8:04 PM

A Guy
Website

#118 Jan 11, 2010 9:41 PM

Nightfall
Website

Busa limped off ahead towards the cave. "Here it is." He pointed his staff at the dark hole in the hill. "You lot go first. I will follow." He stood aside to let the others through.

#119 Jan 11, 2010 9:44 PM

Phoenix_Flyer
Website

Lumistar was the first to walk past him and into the cave. It was murky in there, but it wasn't completely pitch-black.

"Is it just a straight tunnel all the way through?" She asked as she squinted ahead of her, she thought she could see the faint light of the other side of the hill; but she wasn't sure.

#120 Jan 11, 2010 9:50 PM

Nightfall
Website

"I think so. By the looks of it, it comes out near to where the ruins will be. Come along now! We don't have a lot of time!"

#121 Jan 11, 2010 10:06 PM

Phoenix_Flyer
Website

Needing no second bidding Lumistar plunged into the darkness. Once she was out of the light coming from the entrance behind her her hands appeared to be no more than shadows in front of her face and she couldn't see anything else. The fact that she couldn't see her feet full-stop made things even worse, she felt slightly claustrophobic but push one for a hundred metres or so. Luckily the ground seemed to be relatively flat and, although she did graze up against the sides of the cave once or twice and she did stump a talon once, she was otherwise fine.
She let out a little puff of fire, which illuminated the cave around her for a second to let the others know where she was and left a flame-shape scorched onto her retina, she then called back to the others:

"The ground is flat; you don't have to worry about losing your balance or hurting yourself. Come on!"

#122 Jan 12, 2010 12:19 AM

A Guy
Website

Consciousness was slowly coming back to Gravius. He couldn't exactly recall what had happened to him - all he knew was that he fell to a sandstorm. He still felt a sharp pain where he had been cut. He felt a slow, rocking feeling, as if he were floating on waves. Slowly, his eyes began to open.

"So, you're up..."

He couldn't recognize the voice. It wasn't any he was familiar with. Suddenly, he realized - someone had captured him. He tried to move, but his muscles didn't seem to care.

"Don't bother escaping. I've ensured that you won't be able to move, and you won't be able to focus enough to use any powers."

Gravius finally caught a glimpse of the dragon in question: a reddish dragon - he couldn't really tell anything else, as his vision was blurry.

"That was a stroke of good luck for me. I decided to go hunting for you, and just when I was about to give up... there you were, a sandstorm moving in on you. I will not turn you in - indeed, I have something else in store for you..."

#123 Jan 13, 2010 3:37 PM

Nightfall
Website

"Well, thank goodness for that!" Busa exclaimed as he entered the cave last. He was careful of his footing all the same. "I'm guessing, if we hurry, it'll take us about 15 minutes to get through here. The hill is rather large." He sniffed and staggered along behind them.

#124 Jan 13, 2010 5:21 PM

MrXLink

The ground was stable but cold. The cave was dark. Not that Silver cared about it, but he just felt rather weak. He did not know why and how, but he knew the cave had something to do with it. As he followed Lumistar, looking behind from time to time if Busa was still there, he saw the light coming closer slowly. He felt stupid. He could have flied over the hill with ease, but he still decided to follow the other three.

The soft, little rays of light from the beginning and ending of the cave made Silver's gems sparkle. 15 minutes was a pretty long time for him. He always flew happily at night, and still time didn't pass quickly. Like they say, time flies when you're having fun. This did not happen to Silver for some reason. He looked at Busa. "Is this cave familiar to you?" he asked shortly.

#125 Jan 13, 2010 6:34 PM

Nightfall
Website

"Never been in here before." Busa replied. "I just saw it last night. The reason I decided to take this route rather than fly there is because I am worried about any suspicious characters that may be around the ruins. If there are, then it's safer to keep a low profile."

He shifted a stone out of his path with his staff and continued forward. "Tell me Silver, where are you from?"

Board footer