Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov 27, 2009 11:35 AM

jgoughy
Gems: 0

(Least)Favourite level in the game?

I love this one more than any other game I've ever played. Even the cannon challenge in Haunted Tombs I enjoyed. So I will make a list of the 10 best spyro 3 levels in my opinion

10. Spooky Swamp because, well...the area you're in. But I don't really like the pirahna aspect in this level, but it actually works sort of well
9. Desert Ruins because I love bashing the scorpions
8. Enchanted towers for the skateboarding bit. I am sick at that.
7. Seashell Shore and Crystal Islands tied for the water bits and their soundtrack (which is the same)
6. Molten Crater for the thieves
5. Haunted tomb should be here for being the hardest level in the whole series (including TLoS)
4. Icy peak is a master level as a whole (maybe not the nancy bit)
3, 2 and 1 are VERY close.

3. Charmed Ridge is just brilliant. Play it to see why it is.
2. Midnight mountain (after sorceress fight) as you get to beat up moneybags.
1. Sorry I've picked the usual suspect... fireworks factory. the dragon fight sums this level up...epic.

Now tell me if you disagree with my list, and make your own if you want.

Now the least favourite

10. Buzz's dungeon as it was TOO easy, even for a first boss.
9. I'm probably gonna get some hate...but i didn't like Frozen Altars. It just wasn't fun...apart from taking the rhynoc's coal
8. I found Sunny Villa too boring
7. Bamboo Terrace is hard, easy and boring all at the same time. Luckily someone called Stewart Copeland made this level slightly enjoyable
6. And I'm gonna say it. The Super Bonus Round was a bit on the yawn side to me
5. One of my favourite levels is also one of my least favourites...Haunted Tomb is too hard
4. Honey Speedway for the Hunter mission
3. Sheila's Alp for the annoying goats
2. Starfish Reef. Everyone who has done this level knows why
1. Even more hate coming...but Dino Mines is the worst level in YotD in my opinion. Reason- they have guns, dynamite and cannons. I even find the enemies more annoying than the Gnorc Commandos from the 1st game. And don't get me started on seahorses...

So, I love the Factory but hate the Mines, but which one's better in your opinion? You decide in the poll.

________ ______
       |      |_____  |          |     |\   |
       |       _____| |          |     | \  | iSuN FTW!
       |                  |          |     |  \ |
       |          uck   |______|    |   \|
____I___              ur              an

#2 Nov 27, 2009 4:07 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

Re: (Least)Favourite level in the game?

I'll try a top 3.

Least:
3. Seashell shore. Just too boring, except for the tunnel.
2. Bamboo Terrace. I don't like this Japanese thingies.
1. Definately Frozen Altars. It sucked, really. The chars were annoying and the snowmen looked bad.

Faves:
3. Fireworks Factory. Everyone knows why.
2. Super Bonus World. The best games (Catching thieves, using a submarine, hoverboarding, shooting down UFO's and defeating the Sorceress) are in there and you get LOADS of gems for it, which I like. Also, Yin and Yang was the cutest egg.
1. Simply every Speedway. I love crushing and destroying things within a time limit. Also, the soundtrack is the best and the racing is pretty cool as well. Hunter's funny challenges make everything complete.

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#3 Jan 08, 2010 4:25 PM

JakBandiFan

Haunted Tomb and Fireworks Factory are my least favourite levels in Spyro 3. Some of the challenges are frustrating. <_<

I'm a secret duck who lives in the glitchy but nice Honey Marshes. My day to day job is to spy on the blue guys so they won't get up to much mischief.

#4 Apr 09, 2010 2:42 PM

spyromaster330

Yeah, I never like Frozen Altars either. Molten Craters was another one I disliked. I haven't played this game for ages so I can't give a list of the best/ worst levels. But I can remember Fireworks Factory was always a favourite of mine, and so was The Lost Fleet and Enchanted Towers. Another level I can remember disliking was Bamboo Terrace (I think that's what its called)

Board footer