Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec 23, 2006 12:33 AM

Zerodius
Gems: 0

Spyro: Myst of Regret (RPG)

First of all, hi to everyone.

I am the person known on the internet as Zerodius (or Zerophex) on most sites. (Some of you might recognize me as the author of Endless Cycle of Exile)

As I am secretely a fan of the Spyro characters, universe, and recent games, I have decided to register to this board.

Seeing as there is no newbie forum and as the game development forum require a permission, I will post this thread here.

Project - Spyro: Myst of Regret

This is a fan-RPG featuring characters from the Spyro universe (namely: Spyro, his friends, and his enemies).

It is a project made using the RPG Maker 2003 engine (and program) as a base.

Features to be included:
-Game structure similar to the Spyro games, featuring six massive worlds full of secrets waiting to be explored as well as two secret worlds for the Spyro masters to find!
-Branching storyline and levels based on a Consequences system which remember all of your interactions with the in-game characters.
-Advanced enemy AI featuring foes that will set up advanced battle strategies, counter your attacks, heal when damaged, and support each others in a believable effort to survive and overcome the player.
-Unique skill and level-up mechanics for each of the playable characters while keeping a balance, each character having its advantages and disadvantages.
-A lenghty quest of 40 hours and more as well as dozens of side-quests to find.

General overworld engine is the Consequences system, which was first used in Broken Memories. Don't expect many "Push boxes" puzzles here ; puzzles and mini-games will be made in a way to keep in character with the ambiance (and gameplay style) of the Spyro games.

Most of the game (more than 70%) is already planned. Storyline is completed, stats for most characters done and all. Sadly, I suck at spriting so you will be seeing few customs in here... but don't expect to see much if any RTP ; I will try to keep in-tone with the Spyro universe. Production is slowly slowed down due to a lack of Spyro sprite rips ; sprite sheets for the portable Spyro games (especially the GBA ones) would help me greatly in creating the different poses for the characters... as well as giving me a base for the custom sprites which shall be made for the game. Music department is covered ; no composers... but I already know what music I'll use. Much to the general relief of people, this game is FF7 midi-free ; again, I'm aiming for something close to the canon games.

Screenshots will come when I fix the graphics issue ; screenshots with placeholder character graphics usually don't look that good, I will admit. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Well, that's all about it for now, I believe.

If this isn't posted in the correct forum, then mods should feel free to move it ; I don't mind.

Have a nice day everyone. Comments, questions, and suggestions are welcome so don't hesitate.

#2 Jan 01, 2007 5:05 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: Spyro: Myst of Regret (RPG)

#3 Jan 04, 2007 5:07 AM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

Re: Spyro: Myst of Regret (RPG)

I will help anyone in need of help with anything related to game making or programming in the fan game development forum.

Board footer