Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb 22, 2008 11:04 PM

Volteer32
Gems: 0

Is Ignitus Spyro's father?? I think I might have something for you to prove it

Okay you know how most of you thought that Ignitus is supposedly Spyro's father ???

You might be right, because if you have a look at Spyro's head and tail, I have a feeling that's where you've got it from. Because those things atop Spyro's head look like little flames, whereas the tip of his tail looks like the flame on a candle.

So therefore, I honestly DO think Ignitus is Spyro's dad, we'll just have to wait until the game comes out to find that one out hey ???

#2 Feb 23, 2008 12:22 AM

Luirio

Re: Is Ignitus Spyro's father?? I think I might have something for you to prove it

no Ignitus cant be Spyro's dad because he dont have the same color and Ignitus is already is mentor and again one thing Spyro is a Purple Dragon a Purple Dragon Born every 10th generation it cant be a hasard than Ignitus is his father

#3 Feb 23, 2008 12:28 AM

Volteer32

Re: Is Ignitus Spyro's father?? I think I might have something for you to prove it

#4 Feb 23, 2008 4:33 PM

flame1996

Yes, Spyro is a purple dragon breed and can master all breath Elements but what if Ignitus is holding a secret? What if he was the last year of the dragon?! If Spyro's purple and Ignitus's red then he can't be Spyro's father. I don't know...

#5 Feb 23, 2008 7:13 PM

36ILikeSpyro36
Banned

#6 Feb 23, 2008 8:05 PM

Blaze the Dragon

It's impossible for Ignitus to master the other elements besides fire like Spyro can, because he was born as a fire element dragon. Only a purple dragon can control all of the elements. Just because Ignitus can only master fire does not discredit him as possibly being Spyro's father. The theory that he would have to master all of the elements in order to be Spyro's father is discredited BECAUSE of the fact that a purple dragon is only born once every 10 generations (a generation is about 20-25 years so... it would be about every 200-250 years that a purple dragon is born).

#7 Feb 23, 2008 10:54 PM

ratchet
Website

#8 Feb 24, 2008 10:21 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

Yeah I don't really know. I think Ignitus is Spyro's father cause they look alike except for the color. You never know so we'll just have to wait!

-Justin Long Fanatic

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#9 Feb 25, 2008 12:03 AM

Game_Girl_2007

I HOPE Ignitus and Spyro are father and son. (In my fics and RPG's they are. XD )

Maybe all will be revealed in the new game...

The LoS series did NOT ruin the fandom. Nor would a Spyro movie ruin it. The fans are doing that themselves by their constant whining and complaining about small, idiotic things. It's the Sonic fandom all over again.

#10 Feb 27, 2008 3:01 AM

CynderFan101

#11 Feb 27, 2008 1:13 PM

DragonWithinMe
Birthday: 1 April
Website

No, I dont think that Ignitus is Spyros father. But still its possible. Cause if purple dragon borns every 10th generation, Spyros parents cant be purple dragons cause they
would be dead unless they are 1000 years (about 10 generations) old and other of his parents would be 20 generations old , but I dont think they are. So Spyros parents had to be other kind than purple dragons. But the Crhonicler is exception.

#12 May 31, 2008 4:32 AM

Nikore

this whole thing about how 'spyro is purple and Ignitus is red' is stupid. <_<  I think that they are related, they're dragons, not humans, geez, and if you read the description of the game in the website it talks about exciting twists and stuff (course, I think theyre making this a little too obvious) then again that could be anything....

course.....if the creators wanted to make the game a little more exciting and dramatic, they would make Spyro find out that he is Ignitus's son, thats just my opinion.....and also that they look SOO alike! color has nothing to do with it!!!! and just because Ignitus is the master of fire doesnt mean that he cant be Spyro's dad  roll

and even so, they share a bond, so even if Spyro isnt his son, Ignitus still serves as a father figure

#13 Jun 02, 2008 12:09 AM

Razz
Website

If dragons have offspring the way we do (I personally don't think they do, but we'll see what happens in DotD), then it is very likely that Ignitus is Spyro's biological father. They have the same horns, similar tail patterns, similar spikes, similar body types and even similar faces. Let us also not forget that Spyro's first element to awaken was always fire. I doubt that dragons have to be the same elemental type in order to produce certain kinds of offspring. From what little the games have implied, you could get an earth dragon from an ice and a fire dragon, and the purple dragon is a very rare and special circumstance. So it doesn't matter if Ignitus isn't the same "breed" as Spyro, they still have a lot of physical similarities to suggest kinship of some sort.

#14 Jun 02, 2008 6:59 AM

spyromaster330

I think that its possible that ignitus is spyros father but im not really sure. I dont think colour matters because purple dragons are born every 10 generations so his father couldnt be red anyway. i think someone else said that before...

#15 Jun 02, 2008 9:31 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

I believe Ignitus IS Spyro's father. And if he isn't they still share a strong bond...*twiddles thumbs until Ignitus's#1 fan gets here*.

#16 Jun 02, 2008 4:10 PM

Nikore

#17 Jun 03, 2008 4:18 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

Same here...except I didn't ntice the face thing.

#18 Jun 03, 2008 4:32 PM

Nikore

well, when your drawing either of them it forces you to look at all their aspects and characteristics that you wouldnt see otherwise

#19 Jun 03, 2008 8:51 PM

Elemental_Dragon

Even though it would be cool if Ignitus was Spyro's dad, it still seems HIGHLY unlikely.
But, it was a good thought. wink

#20 Jun 03, 2008 8:51 PM

Elemental_Dragon

Good thought, but I highly doubt that Ignitus is Spyro's father.

#21 Jun 03, 2008 10:36 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Why do you think that? I think he is.

#22 Jun 03, 2008 11:39 PM

Nikore

#23 Jun 04, 2008 12:24 AM

Razz
Website

Actually, Spyro himself never came to that conclusion either. He's just so used to being a dragonfly and he seems to accept that Nina and Flash are mom and dad without question. I doubt he's thought much about his dragon parents (again, assuming that dragons do have kids that way).

Another indication that Spyro and Ignitus are related is "This Broken Soul", which is about their relationship. It has a lot of parent-child lyrics to it. Heck, the official site itself says that Ignitus is a father figure to Spyro, so it's not that far of a stretch to see him as an actual father.

So we've got all this evidence that supports Ignitus being Spyro's dad. Where's the evidence against it?

#24 Jun 04, 2008 12:31 AM

Nikore

the evidence against it is that Ignitus hasnt said anything yet x]

but they usually save that sorta stuff for the end x] lol

and I was talking about what Spyro said when he had first met Ignitus. He said stuff about how he had no family left and all that  :-P

#25 Jun 04, 2008 12:42 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

If Ignitus hasn't said anything, it may be that telling Spyro could put him in danger.

Board footer