Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep 29, 2007 1:26 PM

ChickenLegsSF
Gems: 0

Does anyone else...

Does anyone else REALLY struggle with the Sparx Bonus Worlds? I got the game, like, the first day it came out, and I still havn't completed it!  yikes  All I need before the Super Bonus World is Starfish Reef and the one in Midday Gardens, but that stingray thing is impossible! Any tips?

#2 Sep 29, 2007 5:08 PM

LoneKnight
Website

Re: Does anyone else...

Oh, the stingray you just strafe around while firing constantly and avoiding it. It's really a battle of just avoiding the stingray while shooting wildly and getting lucky shots to hit him. After he takes a ton of damage he splits into two pieces. This part it is crucial to avoid him. Don't forget to use the charge to pick up speed to get a good distance away from him, then start firing again.

#3 Sep 29, 2007 9:40 PM

Fungeek
Website

Some people think it's best to avoid where the little rays come out, but you should know that if you starphe into the front of him, and shoot his nmouth, you can kill the rays, aqnd still get damage to the big oner if you shoot fast enough! That's something I always do.

If you think this might be to hard for you, then follow Loneknights advice, but if they get to close, get out of starpe mode and charge. Much faster means of escape. wink

#4 Jan 23, 2008 5:56 AM

The Dark Master
Website

Name:The Dark Master.
Other Location:The Dark Realms.

#5 Jan 23, 2008 8:15 AM

ratchet
Website

the bugbot factory was pretty annoying and kinda starfish reef. Mantaray wasn't that hard though. Yeah, Country glitch is anoying

#6 Feb 06, 2008 11:09 PM

Pete the Iguana

It's been a little while since I've played YotD since I've been so preoccupied with AHT lately, but my personal best strategy is to strafe as close as possible to the stingray while consistently firing. This way, the smaller 'rays are destroyed before they get a chance to spread out and corner you. Also, after the big stingray splits, it's best to use the same tactic on one of the smaller ones at a time, instead of trying to take them both down simultaneously.

Board footer