Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov 15, 2018 1:50 PM

BDavies96
Gems: 20

Spyro Reignited Trilogy : Potential Gem Glitched?

Hey Everyone,

So I've been blasting through Spyro 1 Remastered, I've completed the game, now i'm going back through and happily collecting all the gems I missed. I've done well and actually enjoyed re-playing the levels again. However I've hit a roadblock and a potential glitch/bug ? I was in Beast Makers world In the Terrace Village level ( The electric Gnorcs) and I had 5 gems left to collect. I thought i'd seen the last chest I had to collect, out popped what looked like 2 green gems and 1 red gem, didn't have time to double check because I charged into the chest, but i'm now left with 1 gem to collect and I cannot find it ANYWHERE! I've spent an hour searching every single nook and cranny of the level and cannot find anything, I've even restarted the level, left the hub world and come back, and restarted my PS4 .Has anyone else encountered an issue with gems disappearing or am I the first?

Cheers!

#2 Nov 16, 2018 2:39 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: Spyro Reignited Trilogy : Potential Gem Glitched?

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I have heard of it happening.

Have you tried having Sparx point to the gems? If you click down on either the left or right stick (can't remember which) on the PS4, Sparx will show you where the nearest gems are.

#3 Nov 24, 2018 3:05 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

I'm not sure if this case has been solved yet, but yes, sometimes treasure can simply disappear if you're very unlucky. Their location will always remain somewhere on the map, though, so pressing the left stick (L3) will have Sparx point you towards it.

In the unlikely event of Sparx then pointing through a wall or towards an area that is 100% inaccessible, you can simply die or restart the level, then the Unreal Engine will figure out what gem you are missing and respawn them in the world on their correct location, even back into its chest if it came from one. L3 really is your friend here, but dying is the simplest way of resetting gem and asset positions in a level.

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#4 Jan 06, 2019 11:40 AM

kwantton
Gems: 42

Yes, happened to me, but I don't remember which level it was in Spyro 1 in Reignited hmm
After 45 minutes of search I exited the level and came back, one of the gems from one of the enemies had warped through the floor into "inaccessibility" (maybe it was Convexity??) big_smile

Board footer