Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug 27, 2018 11:13 AM

pipinosgr
Gems: 20

Game release

Hi, I would like to ask, since the game release been moved to November for the 2nd and 3rd game, will the 1st game be playable on September if you buy digitally?

#2 Aug 27, 2018 2:29 PM

Spyro3Fan200
Gems: 240

Re: Game release

Last edited by Spyro3Fan200 (Aug 27, 2018 7:40 PM)

#3 Aug 27, 2018 5:24 PM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

The game was not delayed because of the second and third game.  We do not know why it was delayed outside of the developers wanting more time to 'make it right'.  No confirmation to the details of the delay beyond that.

This misunderstanding is likely coming from the thought that they should delay the game in order to print all three games playable on the disc.  And when a delay came, many assumed this was why.  But the delay is related to making the game, and nothing to do with the physical release.

At least for now...

Information is still coming out, but until more is confirmed, here is the assumption you can make:

The whole game is delayed to November 13th, and the physical/digital release parameters are all still the same.

Last edited by riverhippo (Aug 27, 2018 5:28 PM)

#4 Aug 27, 2018 10:29 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

All three were delayed till Nivember 13th, not just the first. So all three will be releasing as the collection in that date.

The first is not releasing before the other two.

Both physical and digital.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#5 Aug 29, 2018 12:11 AM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

It's best to think of the remaster as one game.   One game that is a remaster of three PS1 titles.  The official name of the game is Spyro Reignited Trilogy.  You'll have a single game tab on your console's home screen, and when you get into the game, you select which of the three games you want to play.  This is how Crash N. Sane Trilogy, so it's likely to be similar.  I think it would be cool if there is an in-game menu world much like a homeworld of homeworlds, where you move Spyro through a portal to play one of the three games.  If that's the case, it would be weird to have a game portal locked because of a delayed release date for one or more of the games.   I don't think Activision has any plans to release the game partially, so it'll be fully released on the date they have set, which right now is Nov 13th.  They said in an official statement they want us to be able to play all three games at launch.  I know some would think that also means physical release, but that's not what Activision seems to think of as a release.

Board footer