Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 13, 2018 10:54 PM

Flexive
Gems: 20

TLOS Fanbase

How big is the Legend of Spyro's fanbase? I am aware that the LOS games get their fair share of hate, but I also see them get lots of love from people. It is a very divisive trilogy, but over the years it has gained a massive cult following. Most of the hate comes from fans of the original trilogy, and I understand that. Fans would of wanted a platforming game rather then a beat em up, and the repetitive gameplay and dark story would of turned classic fans off from the start. I played through the trilogy recently for the first time in 8 years, seeing if my opinions on the games would change. I did find them very repetitive but I still found myself enjoying them. I did enjoy the original trilogy more, and the fanbase for those is twice if not four times bigger and that is the reason why the original trilogy is getting a remaster. So it begs the question, is the LOS fanbase big enough to maybe get a remake of the LOS trilogy one day. Maybe if the original trilogy remaster is successful, mixed with the fact Sierra is publishing games again gets my hopes a little high but only time will tell. Also I forgot to mention I see LOS get way more love then Skylanders.

Last edited by Flexive (Mar 14, 2018 2:19 AM)

#2 Mar 15, 2018 3:28 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

Re: TLOS Fanbase

i know the TLOS fanbase was GIGANTIC back when the series was going. like this one series of three games must have inspired literally tens of THOUSANDS of artists and fanfic writers. it was crazy. unfortunately i didn't keep in touch with most of that community so i don't know how many of them still play the games today.

me personally, ... eh, i was one of those obsessive TLOS fans years ago, but for the past few years, i... eh, basically, kinda got tired of those games.

Last edited by 36IStillLikeSpyro36 (Mar 15, 2018 3:29 AM)

#3 Mar 15, 2018 4:53 AM

Twingo
Gems: -1,618
Birthday: 23 May

I'm sure there's some remnants of the legend fandom hanging on deviantart. I would go there.

I also used to be a huge fan (I still am I guess, but nowhere near as much as I used to be). I used to read a lot of fanfiction and hoard fanart and stuff haha. Good times.

#4 Mar 15, 2018 6:21 AM

Flexive
Gems: 20

Last edited by Flexive (Mar 15, 2018 6:56 AM)

Board footer