Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 31, 2017 4:35 PM

FuturisticEggThief
Gems: 493

Return of the Dragon (Not my game, just spreading the word)

Return of the Dragon is a fan made game being created by Dusk and MARDAMACE. RotD will be released in 2020, so 3 years away at the time of writing. Here is MARDAMACE's explanation: "Spyro Return of the Dragon will be the ULTIMATE trilogy Finale in the year 2020 and a Plot has been rumored by me and Dusk, currently a secret for the fans.
Last night I composed together this Boss theme song Year of the Dragon style for one of the main enemies that will be in Return of the Dragon, an Evil Spyro very close to his size, and also part robotic. This is its theme song for the Boss Battle.
Return of the Dragon will not be a HD remake or any kind of idea sucked into today’s generation. This game will be a massive project of all 3 games from the original trilogy, with much more new content, characters and worlds. It will be released on Playstation 1 graphics and standards purely for our Nostalgia and love for the old days, not for money, sales and what is popular today.
The year 2020 has been set to be the time of this Ultimate 20 year Return of the Spyro we love.
I will be talking to Stewart whether he would like to join forces with me and make some awesome music for this Once in a Lifetime Playstation Game Return in a few years time." -MARDAMACE

#2 Feb 01, 2017 2:39 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: Return of the Dragon (Not my game, just spreading the word)

Please don't "bump" threads, especially when it's only been a few minutes since the last post. It really doesn't do anything except add spam.

Anyway, I'm definitely skeptical about this. How do they plan to obtain the license from Activision to use the Spyro characters? And what makes this different than the hundreds of other fan game ideas that never went anywhere?

#3 Feb 01, 2017 6:17 PM

FuturisticEggThief
Gems: 493

Re: Return of the Dragon (Not my game, just spreading the word)

I never knew that was allowed, thanks for letting me know!

Board footer