Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun 14, 2016 3:17 AM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

Crash Bandicoot is back!

Announced today in Sony's Press conference Crash will be returning with HD remasters of his original 3 games on PS4 and will be appearing in Skylanders Imginators. I've recent been seeing more of the kindhearted, laid back, fearless orange marsupial Crash Bandicoot he's one of my favourite characters! And I'm a fan if the series! So I was excited 

Well feel free to share your thoughts hopefully a new Crash comes down the road but it shows Sony, and Naughty Dog, and Activision remember Crash. Welcome back Crash we have missed you!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#2 Jun 14, 2016 5:30 AM

Sheep
Award: Skateboard Contest Winner
Gems: 0
Birthday: 20 January
Website

Re: Crash Bandicoot is back!

The reveal was better than I expected, as yet another completely new direction reboot with a bad Crash redesign, or no comeback at all seemed more likely, and then it turned out they're going back to his roots big_smile I'm a little stumped they're just doing remakes of existing games, I mean why not make a new game if you're building it from ground up anyway? On the other hand, YES! GOOD OLD CRASH IS BACK!! And doing remakes might not be such a bad idea if they also mean to make a new game. It would be a good way, through practice and careful study, to learn how to make a proper Crash game, since the originals after all are the best ones.

#3 Jun 14, 2016 10:21 AM

LXShadow

I'm so glad Crash is back, but it still kinda sucks that they didn't go all-out and announce a new game when Sony was already building so much hype for their other games. The remakes sound cool but I dunno, they didn't show anything, or build any hype, it was all just a little underwhelming. I wanted a new game. sad

I'm tempted to assume this happened because Activision still don't think Crash is profitable, but didn't want to hand him over, so they're testing the waters and making some relatively risk-free money with the remakes. If this were Sony I have no doubt they would have shown us something flashy for Crash's return, like they have with their other franchises.

Kinda mixed about this one to be honest. In fact since they're doing remakes of the games, part of me would have preferred Spyro instead. =P

#4 Jun 15, 2016 5:09 AM

UpDownLeftWrite

I'm just happy Crash is back in some form other than Skylanders. The remaster is being developed by Vicarious Visions, who previously developed Crash Nitro Kart, and the GBA platformers. Their Crash games were very faithful to the original designs of the PS1 titles, so they seem to be a good pick for this one. It's not like any other developer could do it. Naughty Dog is done with Crash. Eurocom and Radical are closed down. And Traveler's Tales are suffocating in Lego pieces. I was hoping for a 2016 release, but I'm just happy and excited to see these games with PS4 graphics. If the game sells well, it wouldn't shock me if Activision/Sony went ahead and did a Spyro trilogy remaster next. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by UpDownLeftWrite (Jun 15, 2016 5:10 AM)

Stop dragon your feet...

#5 Jun 15, 2016 2:52 PM

Mr. John

Crash's biography in Skylanders: Imginators thank you Skylanders Wiki for posting it makes reference to Aku Aku and him teaming up with the Skylanders to stop Kaos so that's pretty cool. Also can't wait to see the remakes in action and Spyro Remakes would make me loose it I hope it happens but I look forward to the Crash Remakes first.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#6 Jun 15, 2016 10:23 PM

Swaffy
Gems: 218

#7 Jun 15, 2016 10:39 PM

Attackfrog277

Woah! I almost had a seizure from excitement over this announcement. Not just because it happened, but because of how off-the-wall the concept of Activision letting another publisher use its purchased property seemed, especially back in 2011.

Part of me wishes they did a Spyro remake along side Crash, but just like with the decision to remake instead of reboot the CB series, they just might be testing the waters.

My view of this decade's habit of perpetual remakes/sequels has just improved tremendously.

#8 Jun 16, 2016 2:35 AM

Paranoia
Award: contest mod
Gems: 136
Birthday: 6 February
Website

Last edited by Paranoia (Jun 16, 2016 2:35 AM)

#9 Jun 16, 2016 6:16 AM

Swaffy

#10 Jun 16, 2016 1:02 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

So does anyone think part of the reason they're reviving Crash is because all the popular platformers these days are 2D/sidescroller things? When's the last time there was a good, major 3D platformer? Super Mario Galaxy 2? tongue

#11 Jun 16, 2016 3:07 PM

Mr. John

I look forward to the Crash remakes hopefully the original Spyro The Dragon games get remakes too! Crash's design in Skylanders: Imginators looks like it takes inspiration from the original Crash design which is cool!

Cayla Mills

#12 Jun 16, 2016 4:39 PM

Sheep
Award: Skateboard Contest Winner
Birthday: 20 January
Website

#13 Jun 16, 2016 6:30 PM

Waffled
Gems: 10

#14 Jun 17, 2016 1:08 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

About the design comparisons... could it maybe be because they saw how people freaked out over Spyro's design that they wanted to take more care with Crash's? I don't see it as insulting as some people are making it out to be.

#15 Jun 17, 2016 5:03 PM

Swaffy

#16 Jun 17, 2016 6:41 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

Haha, yep. I was one of those people who didn't like either of the LoS redesigns (especially not DotD. That Spyro just looks awful) so I wasn't even annoyed or surprised by how he looks in Skylanders, but seriously... he is pretty ugly. tongue Crash looks a little bit off, but not too bad. I'm sure they had to stylize him a little to fit in with the rest of the Skylanders characters.

#17 Jun 17, 2016 7:06 PM

Gekoncze
Baby Dragon
Award: Speedway Contest Winner Final
Gems: 145

I kinda like Spyro in Eternal Night, looks cute big_smile

I wonder how are they going to remake Tiny Tiger, I didn't like him much in nitro cart, looked more brainless o.O

Board footer