You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 24, 2016 11:49 AM

Steinar
Banned
Gems: 0

Excercise and eating

Do you try to not eat delicious food that makes you poof ^^. And jog regularly. Because then you wake up and feel amazing ^^.

Because my problem is that the eating habit of someone i know is like "Ordering a fat sleazy pizza", not just frozen ones but those really fat ones or any other types of meal that is. To be honest i think its better to eat a burger at burger king than a pizza from some bakery for some reason, or atleast a frozen pizza in daily store would be better in general.

Just wondering what someone's view is on it?

Last edited by Steinar (Mar 24, 2016 11:52 AM)

Ban reason: Trolling

#2 Mar 24, 2016 2:01 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: Excercise and eating

I've found that if I don't eat unhealthy food for a while, it starts looking disgusting to me, but if I break the streak and eat something really greasy just once, it starts looking acceptable again. So if you can just discipline yourself for a while, you might find that the temptation naturally decreases.

As for exercise, it helps to have a reason or a goal beyond the vague idea of improving your health. For me, it's competing with the rest of the dance game community and eventually passing songs at high enough levels to qualify for tournaments. When I was a little bit overweight, reducing my weight 5 to 10 pounds at a time was another. For some people it could be beating a certain running time or increasing the amount they can lift. Just make some kind of solid goal with numbers and stick to it.

#3 Mar 24, 2016 2:52 PM

Steinar
Banned

Good advice. I think if one overdoes training then one would likely be too active and would maybe lack interest in reading books etc, but if one eats too much bad stuff then one will feel worse. Moderation sounds like the key to work it out. Thanks for the advice Stormy.

Last edited by Steinar (Mar 24, 2016 2:54 PM)

#4 Mar 24, 2016 8:02 PM

Swaffy
Gems: 218

Soda is so gross. It's like liquid slimey candy.

I eat what I want without having to worry much about health, but I still have standards. I don't know how people can eat donuts those are so disgusting. But I can eat a huge asian buffet and be just fine. My last job someone mentioned how I'm the slim guy yet I'm the only one in the break room eating "real" food (when the others had a snack bar or some other junkfood or junkdrink).

#5 Mar 24, 2016 8:39 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

#6 Mar 24, 2016 9:29 PM

Steinar
Banned

#7 Mar 24, 2016 9:33 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

I've never liked carbonated anything, so I guess I'm lucky that way. Soda is really horrible for you if you drink it all the time. Even the diet stuff is bad because of the artificial sweeteners they use instead of sugar.

#8 Mar 24, 2016 10:48 PM

Steinar
Banned

Yes like the taste itself is overly sensitive that it feels like a trap tongue. But yes soda is ok sometimes, but in general it is best to depend on water. Soda is really bad as a general rule : 3. Glad some have their priorities straight ^^

#9 Mar 24, 2016 11:05 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

I need to start exercising again because I've been putting it off and eating a lot of junk and fast food.

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#10 Mar 24, 2016 11:14 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

I'm the size of a blimp excercise is one thing I need.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#11 Mar 25, 2016 6:12 AM

Swaffy
Gems: 218

I love hot green tea / herbal tea. It is awesome because it tastes like heaven and is also health beneficial. Mmmmmm

We have taken pickles with us on hiking trips which helps too, forgot why tho. Pickles + exercise is apparently a good mix.

#12 Mar 25, 2016 8:33 PM

Paranoia
Award: contest mod
Gems: 136
Birthday: 6 February
Website

When I was out of a job I made a huge effort to try and live healthier (because what else was I going to do?). I play a lot of Stepmania/ITG at home, and also started doing a lot more body weight exercises like pullups, pushups, situps, and squats. I definitely have a problem with pacing myself, and find that I frequently overdo it and get minor injuries, which is something I need to work on.

My main reason to start was to gain weight, since I've always been underweight by a significant margin. I've found that at least for myself, when you have a goal in mind, changing your eating habits to match isn't that difficult. I go to more protein-filled foods after I workout, find myself looking for healthier options, and skipping desserts because it just wouldn't be beneficial for me. I think the biggest hurdle is always getting started. My biggest weaknesses are beer and soft drinks, but they aren't terrible here and there.

#13 Mar 25, 2016 9:46 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#14 Mar 26, 2016 12:26 AM

Gekoncze
Baby Dragon
Award: Speedway Contest Winner Final
Gems: 145

Last edited by Gekoncze (Mar 26, 2016 12:27 AM)

#15 Apr 01, 2016 1:40 PM

RangerOfIthilien
Gems: -495
Birthday: 30 March

Chessmaster
Level 67

#16 Apr 13, 2016 5:33 PM

Steinar
Banned