Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct 21, 2015 1:51 AM

Troika
Gems: 0
Birthday: 20 August

The Legend of Spyro - New Adventures [OOC Thread]

To help get the ball rolling and to show I'm not gonna just leave after a day or two, here's what I was thinking. I had started playing a new beginning again and I'd like to do a rp that follows the story but with a twist. Since at the end of dawn of the dragon, all of the current issues are resolved, why not begin a new story all together? Spyro and Cynder would likely be new guardians to help the existing guardians train and protect young and baby dragons. Our new 'heros' would consist of myself and whomever else will be participating. I'm not really a big fan for group rps but lets make a good show of it, at least those who are still interested in rping. What I'd like is someone to be able to play as Spyro and/or Cynder and three other characters specializing in one of the other three elements or perhaps in one of the unique abilities Cynder possesses. So it'd be a total of four players and one or two players controlling Spyro and Cynder and acting as the gm four the story.

#2 Oct 21, 2015 1:28 PM

thetruefan
Gems: -15
Website

Re: The Legend of Spyro - New Adventures [OOC Thread]

Will there be OCs? If they are accepted, how much can be used? Will there be romance? What's the genre of the roleplay?

Also- one person can RP both Spyro and Cynder. It could be really good, actually, but depends on the player. I did three roleplays here, with the same two people. One of them used both Spyro and Cynder and it went very well. I only have a few requests:

1) Proper grammar, no use of smileys when in RP.
2) I prefer descriptive RP, but script is fine as well.
3) My characters usually only use magic and middle-age technology. I don't care about a future-themed RP, a Fantasy RP with advanced technology- It's all fine to me, but my favorite is Fantasy, so keep that in mind.
4) Try and keep it Spyro-related.

Anyway I am interested. I like the story and consider me in!

Last edited by thetruefan (Oct 21, 2015 1:40 PM)

#3 Oct 21, 2015 6:49 PM

Troika

Last edited by Stormy (Oct 21, 2015 8:49 PM)

#4 Oct 21, 2015 8:30 PM

thetruefan
Website

Awesome! I'm in.

#5 Oct 22, 2015 12:24 PM

CuttingEdge
Gems: -27
Birthday: 11 November

I wouldn't expect 5 players if I were you. What are restrictions to the OCs? Do they necessarily need to specialize in one of the four elements/Cynder's powers? (I can settle with Shadow if that's the case) Can they be human/humanlike (not to confuse with anthromorphic)? Can they use firearms? (Shadow user, stealth/scouting master and expert sniper going by the nickname "Phantom". Main use in battle: point defense, tracking, spying (If I can use him, I'll post the full sheet))

Never ask what I'd do for a klondike bar. No one wants to go down that road.

#6 Oct 22, 2015 12:36 PM

thetruefan
Website

Aye, I agree with Edge about the 5 players part. It is very unlikely you will have 5 players here.

#7 Oct 22, 2015 4:22 PM

Troika

#8 Oct 22, 2015 4:59 PM

CuttingEdge
Gems: -27
Birthday: 11 November

No firearms > I'm outta here. Peace °v°

Never ask what I'd do for a klondike bar. No one wants to go down that road.

#9 Oct 22, 2015 5:20 PM

thetruefan
Website

Guess it's up to me now!

#10 Oct 22, 2015 5:23 PM

Troika

Its possible that I can bring others from off-site to participate but odds are that the rp would have to take place off-site as well. hmm

#11 Oct 22, 2015 6:05 PM

thetruefan
Website

It's fine. As long as we are going to RP, I am eager to join!

#12 Oct 22, 2015 6:08 PM

Troika

Well, let me see what I can do cause otherwise, it'll be just us.

#13 Oct 22, 2015 7:56 PM

thetruefan
Website

Aye!

#14 Oct 24, 2015 1:08 AM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

I'm willing to try and give this a shot. I was done with this section. And maybe one day I will be. But for now I'd rather continue RPing a little longer. I could add two characters. If that's okay as well as be Spyro and Cynder. For a bit But only if that's all okay with you.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#15 Oct 24, 2015 7:27 AM

Troika

#16 Oct 24, 2015 11:42 AM

thetruefan
Website

I could play any number of characters at time.

#17 Oct 24, 2015 3:46 PM

Mr. John

I think I could give it a shot. I've been able to RP as three characters before. So I should be able to do it. I don't have a problem RPing as four characters. I could do Spyro and Cynder. And my two characters. But I'd focus on my characters the most. But I could have Spyro and Cynder there as well when need be.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#18 Oct 24, 2015 3:57 PM

thetruefan
Website

It seems this is forming up well. Also; Will this include a lot of combat?

#19 Oct 24, 2015 4:47 PM

Mr. John

I'm sure it will. But it shouldn't be excessive. Like the antagonist sends his moons to stop the heroes. But they battle them. But need a break in between as well. We also need an antagonist. It could be Malefor returning or someone new. I could come up with something. But it's Torika's RP so let him decide.

Cayla Mills

#20 Oct 24, 2015 5:04 PM

thetruefan
Website

I didn't doubt it. So let's wait.

#21 Oct 24, 2015 5:32 PM

Mr. John

Will you be using new characters? Or old ones. Cause I got Argil and Marx on standby if I need to use them. But also new characters. This is a different timeline so. I'm sure I could use them. But I got two new ones. Just wanted to know though?

Cayla Mills

#22 Oct 24, 2015 5:59 PM

thetruefan
Website

There's a 99% percent chance I will use my old and rusty Xandy. But there will be new fellas for sure.

#23 Oct 24, 2015 8:30 PM

Mr. John

Okay well then I will possibly use Argil. And a new character. Argil will probably just be an electric dragon. As that's his main and most trustee element. But let's wait for Torika.

Cayla Mills

#24 Oct 25, 2015 7:38 PM

Troika

Blah, sorry about the wait guys. I got kind of busy yesterday and I didn't get a chance to reply. If you feel comfortable playing that many characters, then I'll trust that you are able to do so. As for combat, yes, plenty will be included at different points but not including training. Sparring between characters will be upto you. For a main enemy, I haven't decided so maybe going with Malefor would be best since he is 'immortal'. I have it in qoutes cause I'm not certain about that so it's likely wrong.

Now onto the matter of characters. I'll be using Troika, the hybrid I posted in the character sheet thread. His element is ice. What characters will you guys be using and what element/ability will they have?

#25 Oct 25, 2015 9:15 PM

Mr. John

No worries. We'll all be busy at certain times. But if we are we'll just take care of it and come back and post when we can. I'll post my characters here.

Name: Argil.

Size: Medium sized about Spyro and Cynder's height in Dawn of the Dragon.

Powers and Abilities: Electricity. Can shot arcs of electricity. And blast balls of lighting from his mouth.  Also can ram and claw bite his enemies.

Appearance: An all yellow dragon. He has a blue underbelly and a lighting bolt tail tip. Also ocean blue eyes.

Backstory: Son of Crank and Nena. Argil as in Ar-Jil. Grew up well. After the defeat of Malefor. He moved to Warfang. He has a house there. He hopes to train under an electric dragon master to fully master his abilities. He travels with his best friend. Chusi and the two are like brothers. They are on a journey to meet Spyro and Cynder to become the Dragon Realms next heroes. And master their elements.

Personality: Kind, and caring, Very wise and intelligent he'd do anything for his friends. And usually treats anyone with kindness except those he considers enemies.

Weakness: Earth. The element of earth would stop him cold in his tracks. Earth blasts or Boulder attacks do major harm to him as electricity cannot faze them.

Name: Chusi

Size: About Argil's.

Appearance: A black dragon with a red underbelly. He has forest green eyes. And a tornado tail tip.

Powers and Abilities: Wind. Can create gales of wind. And fire off wind blades from his mouth. Can also claw, and bite, scratch an opponent. Ram them too.
Weakness: Electricity. A lighting bolt a electric arc would zap and render him immobile. He can be extremely harmed by them. And is week to it. To the point where they can almost kill him.

Backstory: He's always meditated and been calm. Stays levelheaded and gives advice and is there. For his friends. His and Argil's families were close. His dad Vasuki was killed by Gaul. But Chusi escaped and has been training and traveling with Argil. On a journey to fully master their elements. And protect the Dragon Realms.

Personality: Calm and wise. Caring and is there for his friends. To give advice and help out when needed. Will strike an enemy down without second thought.

Last edited by Mr. John (Oct 25, 2015 9:31 PM)

Cayla Mills

Board footer