#1 Apr 24, 2015 1:03 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Community Feedback on This Forum

Hey guys, hoping to get your input on some things I've been noticing in this section.

I think we can probably agree that the "____ the above poster's avatar / signature" threads are getting a little bit too repetitive, especially since we don't have that many people posting here, and no one really changes their signatures and avatars very often. One thread about avatars and signatures seems like more than enough to me. And isn't it pointless for the same two or three people who happen to be online at the same time to go back and forth with each other on these threads? They're just going to keep saying the same things. Not much of a game.

It also seems to me that a game should have clearly defined rules from the beginning. If it's a guessing game, for example, I think the OP should make it clear who goes next when someone guesses correctly so the game can continue when they're not online.

Basically, if a thread doesn't have much of a point or isn't a game, I'm thinking it should probably be posted in Spam instead.

Thoughts?

#2 Apr 24, 2015 2:01 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

Re: Community Feedback on This Forum

what you're saying makes sense.

the situation doesn't really bother me very much one way or the other, but you have a point.

#3 Apr 24, 2015 2:49 PM

Paranoia
Award: contest mod
Gems: 136
Birthday: 6 February
Website

Re: Community Feedback on This Forum

I generally don't participate since I'm not interested in playing any of the games (as they get really repetitive, not enough people, etc). But I feel obligated to read replies anyway to make sure everyone's behaving. tongue It's rare that people do break any rules in general, but it is becoming more common. I think the section could use some concrete rules about duplicate/similar games, and "spammier" ones should probably just be purged or moved to Spam.

Board footer