Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#51 Jun 22, 2014 12:30 AM

GameBoyBlue
Gems: 0

Re: Spyroforum Fan Game - Week of June 16th

That's a pretty limiting viewpoint. Perhaps RadSpyro feels he can contribute best that way, but I do not. I made it clear when I signed up for writer, I felt I'd actually be better for level design. Now I understand that one of those is gone and I'll likely get the spot, but even if I don't I've still got interest and input in that area, not only because of my viewpoint that the writers should hold off on story until things like enemy testing has commenced, or aesthetic theme for levels has been more discussed, not only is that a reason for me to focus on these areas at this time, but because despite the title I was given, I am more that that, and do have input. Do you see what I'm saying?

#52 Jun 22, 2014 12:34 AM

RangerOfIthilien
Gems: -495
Birthday: 30 March

We need organization, and we need structure. Maintaining each of these things is Stormy's role in this project, and hers alone. In a team environment the team should focus on their talents and trust that the manager knows what they are doing. You may not trust Stormy, but you have only been here a week, you don't know her. I think I can speak for most everyone else here when I say that I do.

Chessmaster
Level 67

#53 Jun 22, 2014 12:35 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

I see what you're saying, but you don't seem to be seeing what I'm saying: that's not how this project is going to work. If that's too limiting for you, you are perfectly welcome to leave this one and start your own project, but I am not going to be debating the structure of this project any further.

#54 Jun 22, 2014 12:36 AM

GameBoyBlue

I agree we need organization and structure, but we don't need to have figure it all out.

Let it happen. Let people show you what peoples contributions are. Let organization grow on its own naturally, instead of trying to force puzzle pieces to fit together. You'll do wonders for your blood pressure.

#55 Jun 22, 2014 12:40 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

I've already figured out the "puzzle pieces," and it's working perfectly fine. Nothing is forced. I am not taking away any of the organization currently in place.

What's raising my blood pressure right now is that you're still arguing with me about it. Please, accept the way it is or go do your own thing instead, or I will have to give your position to someone else. This is not a constructive line of discussion.

#56 Jun 22, 2014 12:44 AM

RadSpyro
Website

#57 Jun 22, 2014 12:45 AM

GameBoyBlue

I'm sorry you don't see it as one, and feel "things are working perfectly fine" when a member of your team tells you it is not.

Best of luck.

#58 Jun 22, 2014 12:47 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

No one else has a problem with the structure I have in place. I don't think it's me or my ideas that are the problem.

#59 Jun 22, 2014 1:09 AM

GameBoyBlue

I have no problem with Sears/Burst vote not being counted when he is not going to be contributing beyond feedback like he has been.

I have some problems with titles being the only thing involved in votes. But I can live with that. Ideally we'd discuss issues in which we have interest, and are planning to contribute in, even if it means Sheep does some art, or someone does something outside the title.

I do have a problem with any relationship where communication is stopped. It is no longer a relationship.I understand you want to see the SFG see the light of day. A teams members expressing their feelings on a matter of importance to them will not stop that.

I do have a problem with RadSpyro choosing to label me as a non contributor, when have again and again explained what I feel I need: (a discussion on desired level themes ) ( some in game enemy testing )
to be able to do quality work as a writer. And while I feel he is charging in head long without those things, I off no resistance, as it makes sense to him, and I don't want to limit his creativity, even if it goes beyond some limitations and requirements I feel I need for my own.

If you want me on the team, I can be reached at: [email protected]

#60 Jun 22, 2014 1:17 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

As it stands now, I am removing your position.

I am doing this in my free time and intended it to be fun, but the arguments you are bringing up here are making it the opposite. I've made it clear that I understand how you feel, but I simply do not agree. You have to understand that I can't change everything I've planned just because one team member objects.

I wish you had brought up the specific issues you've outlined here to me in private instead of trying to fix it in a roundabout way by arguing with me about structure. We might have been able to work something out.

Thanks for your time.

#61 Jun 22, 2014 1:20 AM

RadSpyro
Website

#62 Jun 22, 2014 1:24 AM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Gems: 4
Website

Oh no, a rebellion.

#63 Jun 22, 2014 1:35 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

Right then, I think it's time for a new thread. Just a minute while I set one up.

Board footer