Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 06, 2013 3:55 AM

ccrogers15
Gems: 0
Website

Non boring playthrough?

After playing and beating this for the millionth time, its gets very repetitive.

However, i heard about "Easy" and "hard mode".

Ive been a hardcore classic spyro fanatic since i first played spyro in 1998 when i was only 3 years old. I love the series. However, in YOTD, i recently heard of a difficulty level but never understood how it works.

Can someone explain the exact differences? Will enemies and gems randomize locations?

#2 Mar 06, 2013 8:32 PM

Hwd45
Birthday: 11 December

Re: Non boring playthrough?

I can't quite remember what the difference is, but I think it's all to do with forcing the adaptive difficulty. See, in Spyro the amount of enemies is dependant on how often you get hurt. Turning these modes on will cause there to be less or more enemies, depending on which you choose.

#3 Mar 06, 2013 9:17 PM

ccrogers15
Website

Too bad people dont know how to hack the game or mod it. It would be cool to change the locations of gems and enemies.

#4 Mar 07, 2013 6:29 PM

Hwd45
Birthday: 11 December

Perhaps we'll get there eventually.

#5 Jan 24, 2014 7:26 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

I know this is an old thread, but I thought the difficulties controlled how high you could jump and glide or something like that. I read somewhere that if you were having trouble reaching that "impossible tower" in Charmed Ridge you could turn the difficulty down and reach it more easily.

I've never noticed the frequency or positioning of enemies change at all, so unless I've been on the same difficulty every single time I play the game, I don't think that's what it does.

#6 Jan 24, 2014 6:16 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

it does change the frequency of enemies. some of them, the gems are just there instead of the enemies. it creates a glitch in Fireworks Factory where you basically can't get two of them because the ninjas are on a roof. and in Sunny Villa, i've noticed sometimes the big enemies just won't generate.

does it really change how high you can jump, too?

#7 Jan 24, 2014 6:20 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

I thought I read that somewhere, but it's entirely possible I'm wrong. I just remember the connection to the impossible tower skillpoint.

Interesting that I never noticed the enemy thing. Wonder if that means I'm permanently on easy mode or hard mode? tongue

If I play the game again I'll have to do some experimenting with those codes.

Board footer