#2 Sep 19, 2013 4:04 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: Might anyone have any information?

I've never heard of a soundtrack being sold for this game, but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

However, I'm going to make a guess at fake for a few reasons. The main thing is that the artwork used on the soundtrack doesn't look consistent with the official artwork on the game. I couldn't find the font used on the soundtrack anywhere on the game cover or instruction booklet. The sketch-like art style used on the cover of the game is replaced with screenshots from the game on the soundtrack. And finally, the texture on the background of the disk itself looks exactly like it came from the mosaic filter in GIMP. Overall, the only thing that looks consistent design-wise between the two is the logo.

Again, though, this is just a guess, so I could very well be wrong!

#3 Sep 19, 2013 4:06 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

this sounds like a fake to me. the tracklist doesn't mean *too* much, since i own a bunch of CDs and they tend to come up as Track 1, Track 2, etc., but it kind of highlights all of the little details that make me think this is a DIY thing, rather than an officially-released soundtrack. examples include the artwork that's just like random screenshots/wallpapers and the CD art that's just a scale texture. and the fact that the CD apparently looks burned. and the redundant text all over the artwork.

i also can't find this thing online anywhere except on this website.

by the way, out of sheer curiosity, would this be on your list of things to keep or get rid of?

#4 Sep 19, 2013 1:08 PM

Black Shadow
Banned
Gems: 0

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced that this soundtrack isn't real. As to if this is something that I can part with or not, I would defiantly have to say yes. However, I can't find the second disc ( I have it, I just don't know where it is), and I don't have a way to sell or buy things online. And I'm more than sure that selling items to people on this site is against the rules ( I wouldn't either way, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing so).

#5 Sep 20, 2013 1:58 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Website

if you find the second disc, you could get an eBay account or something, and if you do, let me know. i'll be happy to buy it off of you. fake or not it's cool.

#6 Sep 20, 2013 3:11 AM

Black Shadow
Banned

I do plan on making one, but right now I cannot. But if and when I do make an account, I'll consider in letting you know about it.

#7 Sep 20, 2013 5:17 PM

NeoReaper

Yeah, get all the tracks from the game and burn+light-scribe them onto a disc to make a official-looking Music Disc! xD

-Intel I7 4770k 4.5Ghz / Phanteks U-Type Black    -Vengeance (Hynix) 16Gb 1600Mhz   -Kingston SSDNow M.2 / 2TB Seagate Constellation
-Asus Intel Z97-P    -Zalman z11 Plus Case    -Windows 10 Insider Edition    -XFX R9 280X 3GB

#8 Sep 21, 2013 5:23 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Website

a thought i had was that maybe this was some kind of demo copy when they were planning the soundtrack, and they were bouncing ideas off the producers, or maybe someone was going to make an official soundtrack, and this is what they made but it never got commercially released; BUT. i need you to check something.

do the words "Not for sale" or something similar appear anywhere on the layout?

another thing that makes me curious; what do the inserts and CD stickers feel like? do they feel like the "normal" stuff you find in audio CDs? can you tell if the back artwork / stuff behind the CD in the case is made out of that, either?

#9 Sep 22, 2013 1:29 AM

Black Shadow
Banned

#10 Sep 22, 2013 3:12 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Website

eh, yeah, that's what i meant more or less, the cover artwork, which if there's something else to it (like several pages or lyrics etc etc) is called the "insert".

i was more or less just curious about that.

the fact that it doesn't *specifically* state that it's not for sale makes me think more that it's fake. it's sure not wide-spread, so at best this would probably be like a promo copy or a demo or something - but if that were the case they would probably have a "not for retail sale" notice on it.

Board footer