You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 24, 2012 12:44 AM

tylersdad
Gems: 0

Why so hard to find?

My kids love this game but I have been paying too much for these figures. I have been paying up to 40 dollars for these figures why do they make them so hard to find? I found Cynder today on ebay from user a_coxohio and i paid 30 bucks for him you would think they would make more of them so we could find them. Does anyone know stores other than the main stream like Walmart that has them that I might be able to buy them before they are bought up?

#2 Jan 24, 2012 2:57 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: Why so hard to find?

Yeah, it looks like they're not much more than $8 in stores. I guess people are taking advantage of the fact that some fan favorites, like Cynder, are going to be hard to come by and selling them for more than they're worth.

I was going to suggest buying them online from Gamestop, but it looks like they're out of stock online right now. If you have Gamestop stores in your area, though, you you might be able to find them there or request that they order the one you want from another store for you to pick up later.

#3 Jan 24, 2012 5:01 PM

Clock-la
Birthday: 19 March

Try amazon.

Or better yet get a PS2 and Classic Disney films.

Should keep the kids quiet for a few hours.

#4 Jan 29, 2012 5:14 PM

Aicebo

I've had a hard time finding the figurines, too. I finally found one that wasn't in the starter pack just the other night, and I've been looking everywhere that would seem to have the toys.

The Skylanders website says that they sell them at Wal Mart, Toys R Us, Target, GameStop, Best Buy and Amazon. That's what it says for the United States region at least, but if you live somewhere else you can look for another country's stores on the website, too.

Toys R Us seems to sell the most biggest amount of Skylanders, so I'd suggest trying there if you haven't. I asked an employee why they were so hard to find, but the game is just so popular that apparently a few times when they got in shipments of the toys they'd sell out in just a couple of days. If you are super determined, I would suggest checking almost any day that you can. You can also ask an employee about when shipping comes in for their game toys.

#5 Mar 26, 2012 10:01 PM

ixr

I have no memory of this place...

#6 Mar 26, 2012 10:06 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Is... is that all of them? o.o

You could probably start a business renting those things out.

#7 Mar 26, 2012 10:09 PM

ixr

Lol i like the way you think. But no I'm missing slam bam and the ice adventure pack, zook, and lightning rod. But very close to them all wink.
Not including the ones that arn't out yet.

#8 Mar 27, 2012 10:07 PM

ixr

Oop nevermind, got lightning rod and zook today, so now only missing one :3

#9 Apr 06, 2012 6:02 PM

Dragonstar

Ones like Hex, Wrecking Ball, and Double Trouble are pretty common in the Gamestops in my area as far as I've seen, but I don't intend to collect all of them.

#10 Apr 07, 2012 4:18 PM

Sir not appearing here

I find it funny but yesterday a good friend of my mother came over to yesterday and she brought her kids over and oh hey guess what? they had Cynder! All I could do was  o_O  and They told me they got her at best buy and I drugged my self along to the hell hole called Costco since it takes that much every week for the big family I have to deal with roll  and once I deal with that what do you know! no Cynder but I got Sonic Boom but that makes me mad I still am Cynder less.

Board footer