You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 03, 2011 2:48 PM

spyro&zeldafan
Gems: 0
Website

What if this game was on the N64?

I have this for the PS1 but it would be cool if they made it for the N64 I mean come on I Love NINTENDO it just would be cool if they made it for the N64 with better graphics it would be awesome.

If you ask me spyro is the best dragon around.

#2 Mar 03, 2011 4:35 PM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

Re: What if this game was on the N64?

I'm choosing to respond negatively, so prepare yourself.

Every Nintendo title that had superb popularity usually got cycled in what I call the nintendo neverending land.  If year of the dragon was for 64, it would have been rereleased as a "new" game on DS as Super Year of the Dragon.  The cycle would eventually land spyro in a crappy Wii game where the detail of the characters in the game leaves something to be desired, as if we're so stupid to not realize that Wii graphics are horrible, since we were dumb enough to own a Wii in the first place.

Of course, the crappy Wii game would only be played seldomly, as just dance 2, mario galaxy 2 and the new zelda game that comes out this next christmas will be the games that are always played.  Just remember to be in bed by 9:00pm on Sunday, because you have school the next day.

Thank God for SCEA.  At the time, anyways...

#3 Mar 03, 2011 5:45 PM

ontels

That’s allot of hate for Nintendo personally I love them. They revolutionised gaming with the release of the NES, then the 64, then the DS, then the wii and now the 3DS.

wink

#4 Mar 03, 2011 11:38 PM

spyro&zeldafan
Website

I think NINTENDO HATERS are just stupid the graphics don't make a game the storyline, plot,etc. and I'll add one more thing MANY PEOPLE SAY THAT THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME is the greatest game ever made because its a MASTERPIECE and THE WII IS AWESOME BECAUSE OF ITS MOTION CONTROL IT WAS THE FIRST HOME CONSOLE WITH THAT. Sorry SONY you just ripped off NINTENDO and that move controller is just stupid looking and crappy.

THANK GOD FOR NINTENDO
NINTENDO GET IT OR GET OUT (NINTENDO 64 MOTTO)
NINTENDO MEANS LUCK OF HEAVEN ANYWAY SO AH.

#5 Mar 03, 2011 11:40 PM

ontels

I like nintendo and all, but your being very childish about the fact that someone has an opposing view about them.

wink

#6 Mar 04, 2011 12:20 AM

spyro&zeldafan
Website

I just like Nintendo better than SONY or Microsoft I believe that Nintendo will get there act together (to get back up to Number 1) see you can lose the pounds with Nintendo that would be great for your health. Not only that but you can fool around with the Globe and shake it around if you have wireless connection plus not only that download old Nintendo games which you have lost over the years. The WII has a browser that you can play with. I want a WII for myself and my Mom/Dad. My mom wants to lose some pounds the WII fit helps for that. My dad would like to browse the web on the TV. Me I would like to continue my Zelda so yep it works for all of us. The only way for me to get one is to have A's and B's on my report card I only need to get one grade up the rest A's and B's.  Sorry for being childish. I'm just a Nintendo Geek.

#7 Mar 04, 2011 1:15 AM

yearofthe
Website

#8 Mar 04, 2011 5:46 AM

riverhippo

I would rant again, but it looks like lions got to the meat before the hyenas...

I have respect for N64, it was a good system.  But Nintendo has had anything to talk about since then.  A game industry has a problem if the 90% of the best games are made by the console company.

#9 Mar 04, 2011 5:54 AM

riverhippo

"See you can lose the pounds with Nintendo that would be great for your health."

In case you were living under a rock, Sony just revealed the Playstation Move and Microsoft; the Kinect.  Nintendo isn't the only gaming company who makes game with movement. 

sorry for the double post, but i just gotta say, I think it's foolish that people try to blend video games in with fitness.  Every motion game I've ever played has a loophole flaw that allows you to play even more successfully if you use less energy to to the point where you are considered "exercising".  The real solution is to buy a ball (volley-, base-, basket-, your choice) and go outside for once.

Sometimes it seems all Wii fans are either little kids, stubborn nintendo fans, and suckers for weight-loss.

#10 Mar 04, 2011 6:59 PM

ontels

Come on guys no need to start a flame war, can't we just say that nintendo and sony are both great?

wink

#11 Mar 04, 2011 8:53 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Ooh, a console war! How fun! roll

I own a Wii, and I never got the impression that the graphics were "horrible." They may not be as good as PS3 or 360 graphics, but I never really notice or care about that.  I base my console preference on the number of games available on it that interest me, not on how realistic or pretty they can make things look. So no, owning a Wii despite the "horrible" graphics doesn't make me "stupid." tongue

I also don't see how rereleasing Spyro 3 would be a bad thing...? Have I missed some crappy remakes of old Nintendo games or something?

#12 Mar 04, 2011 9:06 PM

yearofthe
Website

I'm not starting a console war.  I'm just quoting from a person who thinks the Wii is the only console with a browser, only games involving body movements, only console with a game shop, and the one with the prettiest globe.

#13 Mar 04, 2011 9:15 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

No need to defend yourself; I wasn't accusing you. Just making the observation that a console war has started.

#14 Mar 04, 2011 9:19 PM

G-Man_93
Birthday: 16 December
Website

I'm an oldschool Metal-head! If you are too, then copy and paste this signature as your own!:D

#15 Mar 04, 2011 11:18 PM

ontels

I own all three so when people start a war I feel like the frikin buddha.

wink

#16 Mar 05, 2011 1:33 AM

yearofthe
Website

#17 Mar 05, 2011 9:09 AM

riverhippo

Please, no offense taken by this statement:

Wii is good for kids and women.

#18 Mar 05, 2011 9:27 PM

ontels

And men and Dogs.

wink

#19 Mar 07, 2011 4:07 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

The system is good for anyone who likes the games on it. And it's not all Wii Fit and Weight Loss Coach.

#20 Mar 08, 2011 2:16 AM

JazzJackrabbit

I like Nintendo, but Spyro 1, 2, or 3 on N64 would have sucked in comparison to the PS1 versions.  If they were on Gamecube, then HECK YES!  Nintendo has consistent high quality in the games they make.  On Wii the browser sucks, the graphics are acceptable, and it doesn't play DVDs, but I'm not interested in hyper-realism, my G3 iMac has faster internet, and my new(ish) computer has a DVD drive.  I do hope, however, that Nintendo decides to use 1080p HD and PS3-comparable graphics (and reasonable internet) in the Wii's successor.

Yo, Spyro
I'm really happy for you, but Jazz Jackrabbit is one of the best platformers of all time.

OF ALL TIME!

#21 Mar 08, 2011 4:30 AM

riverhippo

#22 Mar 08, 2011 4:43 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

I don't get why everyone says that. I loved the GameCube.

#23 Mar 08, 2011 10:15 AM

yearofthe
Website

#24 Mar 08, 2011 2:09 PM

riverhippo

gasp...

I would like to point out that the PS2 leads all gaming systems in units sold with 150 million.  Gamecube is 12th with 21.7 million--less than one sixth of PS2s.

And maybe fewer units sold doesn't necessarily mean bad gaming, but if it's so great, it's a shame a great system fell so low in the rankings among several user reviews found online.  Even IGN ranks it #16 behind the Dreamcast and Mattel's Intellevision.

I've played the Gamecube.  To me, it was not beginning of Nintendo's downfall, but rather the start of what I call the "generation trap".  While Nintendo was just following suit with what they had earlier, Sony and Sega were taking advantage of every innovation they could.

I am choosing to isolate two arguments.  I can understand enjoying the Gamecube, I just don't agree that it deserves recognition as a great console.  But listing it better than the PS2 is just ignorant.

I'm sorry this turned off-topic with a console war.  I guess it's to be expected though...

#25 Mar 08, 2011 5:37 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

Board footer