Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 Jun 24, 2010 6:28 AM

Jackson117
Gems: 0

Re: Is it clear to everyone that Spyro and Cynder did not die at the end of DoTD?

They are alive...Notice the background has two moons..Avalar as two moons.

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

#27 Sep 11, 2010 2:08 PM

carrington

Re: Is it clear to everyone that Spyro and Cynder did not die at the end of DoTD?

LIVE
LAUGH
LOVE
smile

#28 Sep 11, 2010 2:54 PM

Clock-la
Birthday: 19 March

#29 Sep 11, 2010 9:27 PM

carrington

FYI  im a girl, plus i know someone whos dad works for activistion , somabey i could hlep, tell him about the forums and se the ideas.....

LIVE
LAUGH
LOVE
smile

#30 Sep 11, 2010 9:41 PM

Clock-la

#31 Oct 20, 2010 6:35 PM

darkhorus

To people who originally thought Spyro and Cynder had died: Why did you think they had died?
What had happened in the battle with Malefor and the cutscene following it that led you to believe
they may have died?

#32 Jan 29, 2011 3:15 AM

Elayra

They are not dead, that is an undeniable fact which reasons of have already been told and analyzed many times.

The point that bothers me, and to which my mind cannot come to terms with, is in what way are they alive? As there are several ways one can be dead (take Ignitus, or the various dragon spirits we see in the last cutscene) there also are different ways to be alive. What makes me think they are not truly flying all happy somewhere in the world? As much as I would love to believe that and feel happy for it, I just can't seem to be able to, my mind refuses to blindly accept that.

First of all. Yes, the Chronicler did not find any death page of Spyro (or Cynder for that matter i'd guess), but why can't he then find a live page of them? What I mean is, in those books it's stored a whole life of a dragon, and not just major happenings and certainly not just deaths. The Chronicler itself is a kind of "superior being", with power (and sight) that goes way beyond our comprehension, yet in all of his power, he cannot see a couple dragons flying somewhere or lazying under a tree?
On top of that, the Chronicler showed in TEN that he can mentally connect with another dragon, at least through dreams (I assume he can do that with anyone, he just chose not to as he's usually a mere observer and should not interact with the happenings of the world), so why can't he find them in that way? This makes me believe that whatever is going on with Spyro and Cynder, there could be a greater force in play, or some way of life that clouds his vision.
Possible explanation to this point: the Chronicler's books ended at the destruction of the old world, and so he can't see whatever new happenings are going on, and the last flying cutscene being actually what Ignitus is seeing in the book as the very first thing in the new book (or a representation of him finding them). Possible, but probable? Next.

Point two. I can't believe that after all that Spyro went through, he would not -instantly- return back to the dragon city, to seek out Sparx and the other guardians, check out if everyone is alright etc. It's simply too egoistic to his LoS personality to just take a "vacation" as soon as saving the world, leaving so many friends behind in worry.
Possible explanation to this point: Spyro has been awakened to direct love for someone. While before he only knew care and heroism for everyone else, now he is facing his love for Cynder which might make him act differently for the first period of the emotional rush (we all know how love can affect one's mind even in the real world) so it is very possible that he did indeed fly away somewhere with Cynder to get away, briefly, from the constant urgency he went through basicly non-stop. (Reminding you that from the moment he moved away from the swamp parents in ANB, till the very end of DotD he was doing nothing but fighting to save the world, besides a very short break between ANB and TEN, which I assume it has been of merely a few days or couple of weeks. And yes, 3 years passed between TEN and DotD, but he was sleeping there. He basicly fought Gaul, fell into a dreamless sleep, woke up soon after and began his epic 2 days long quest to save the world... again.) Once again possible, but probable? I truly have no answer to this question, as personality is a very subjective topic.

Third. The last cutscene, topic of so many debates. Flying on the world, flying in heaven, memories, spirits? I can't say what it is, nor materially and practically what it -could- be, but I can say what it feels like. To me, it feels more like a tribute to Spyro and Cynder than any real portraying of any body, spirit or memory flying around. And I mean an actual non-storyline thing, but a flying image put there especially made for the fans to honor these dragons, and give us hope and happy feelings. I admit I did not read up much about how did the Spyro rights move around, but they did move again after DotD have they not? If the producers knew that would be their last game in the seriers, putting in that last cutscene in honor of their two creatures would make perfect sense. Though I might be wrong on that, as I said, i do not know when and how did the rights move.

My conclusions. First i'd like to say I am not against any theory (besides the death one, which in my opinion has the most solid proofs against), and personally I would quite much like indeed if they were alive and happy somewhere. But, in my doubts, there are other theories that came up in my mind that are a bit sadder, unfortunately. There are merely a few I can think about, and none of them I wish to be true. One, they could have been shoved into another dimension or another world, which would explain both my first points, but it is the very less likely one.
Two, the ancestor spirits might have saved them in some way (I assume the purple spirits defeating Malefor were ancestor spirits? Who knows but anyway I mean those.), leaving them completely unconcious somewhere on the planet. Or temporarily stuck somewhere maybe in a purple crystal that the spirits then shoved out of the planet core and is now lying somewhere waiting to be found? Just speculations, but also this one would explain my first two points well.
I have a third explaination, which I am leaning towards a bit more than my second one, but is also much more sadder. This comes from Ignitus' words to Spyro when he realizes he can save the world, he says that when a dragon dies, he does not truly leave the world but his spirit lives on, binding with nature. "Binding with nature" is the key here. It's what I think made Spyro realize what he can do. In short: purple dragon can use every single nature element, which means he is the only dragon that could bind with every element as well, and the only way to put the world back together. Now what does that mean? What is that last action he does to save the world? In my humble and hopefully wrong opinion, he is making himself (with Cynder's help and support, and thus having her join him) become the "glue" essence that brings the world together again. Not just a simple spirit living in a crystal, or in a tree or in the winds, but holding the whole planet on his back, so to say. This theory leads me to believe they might either be
A) in an eternal rest with their bodies still present, but forever locked in the middle of the planet, like keystones of a building, energies channeling around them to keep the world together or
B ) their bodies gone, but their very life force (and mind, concience) becoming an integrant part of the whole planet. Both of these would still let them be together, sorta, and alive, sorta, so technically it would not contradict point 1, and would also be a "happy" ending, symbolized by point 3 cutscene. Yet, both of these versions are quite sad ones, but considering the matter of the Spyro rights moving around, I would think such an ending could only be hinted at, while truly just leaving doors open for every possibility.

In conclusion, and forgive the lenghtiness of this post, I do not believe they are truly dead, but I have serious doubts we will ever see LoS Spyro and Cynder back ever again. Their voyage has been an epic one, and one that I personally loved, and it is a Spyro veteran speaking that has had many doubts and prejudices to the LoS series, but had a mind change after playing it.
Yet, all good and epic things must come to an end eventually as well, and as much as I will keep hoping to see them again in the future, to see this reincarnation of Spyro, and Cynder, I cannot currently see that happening, the ending of DotD was made and weaved for this to be the end of a journey, letting the watchers think on over the future like in every good open ending movie. Nevertheless, I dearly wish to be proved wrong eventually.

#33 Jun 01, 2011 12:14 AM

MaxwellTheScribblenaut
Gems: -17

#34 Jun 03, 2011 3:15 PM

spyro17

I don't agree the los series was good the credits were sad and the ending was very happy I hope that they make a fourth los game and the final boss is a never heard or seen characters

i'm back baby

#35 Jun 03, 2011 4:33 PM

JazzJackrabbit

My theory is that they froze again.  Maybe they live to be awoken.  It wasn't a satisfying ending.

Yo, Spyro
I'm really happy for you, but Jazz Jackrabbit is one of the best platformers of all time.

OF ALL TIME!

#36 Jun 04, 2011 6:36 AM

Leo

Sometimes you just need a little less stress, and alot more cake.

Roll the Sun! Praise the Sun!

#37 Jun 04, 2011 10:12 PM

spyro17

Since they are alive if they got seperated they would try to find each other because in the 2nd game cynder is the only one who can control spyro and turn him back when he turned into dark spyro and also how in dotd she I think hugs spyro by puting her chek on his.

i'm back baby

#38 Jul 31, 2011 4:44 AM

bane dragon

For my thoughts on the "still alive" thing,  I think they're stuck. the fans who just like seeing the purple dragon are pressuring them right now for a 4th story, but the ones who remember the original light-hearted series fondly want something different. This is a month late on posting, but I just got here and my idea for a "sequel" of sorts would be the newest post in the "Future of Spyro" section of the forums. Pretty much tying in what the LoS series was planning on doing in the beginning anyway.

#39 Oct 07, 2011 2:26 AM

WarriorsCatsClans

I know. Those people didn't see the cutscence at the end of the credits.

Spyro and Cynder were meant to be together.

#40 Oct 07, 2011 3:28 AM

SpyroTloS

#41 Oct 07, 2011 4:15 AM

SpyroTloS

#42 Dec 09, 2011 3:18 PM

PYROX
Gems: 60
Website

You can see in the cutscene they zoom in on Ignitus' crystal :3
anyway, yeah it looks like they're flying in avalar. As you can see the Celestial moons above there. and it looks all enchanted forest-ey.

But I do think there's something going on..That they're not 'totally' alive or something. I mean, like mentioned, he doesn't seek out where his friends are. Show he's okay. Maybe it has something to do with re-incarnation, or their bodies remained the same, just spirit reborn. Or sumfin xp

Maybe they lost their memories? But they kept the memory of each other since they both died at the same time at the same place close. This gives Sierra/activision an open plot for a (maybe) next Spyro game that continues TLSO. Spyro would need to discover his friends back and all that. I know they won't produce another TLSO itself, but they DID say they'd continue with the same background story. - Terrador the new leader of the guardians, Ignitus the new Chronicler, etc. And the world is together yet it's in pieces. So it's a whole new world era. or..Spyro needs to repair what is broken of the floating around world pieces. (Sonic Unleashed? Lol.)

Well whatever tongue This is just a thought of my mind. That something just 'isn't right' that they're still...REALLY alive. And I'm VERY curious what that is. Or yeah..the re-incarnation thing x3

#43 Dec 09, 2011 5:19 PM

Clock-la

Well TBH, prehaps they just wanted time together rather than returning as hero's to be giving all the attention.

#44 Dec 09, 2011 5:59 PM

PYROX
Gems: 60
Website

#45 Dec 10, 2011 9:56 PM

MoonDragoness
Website

"You see, each time a dragon dies, a new page is written in this book. I've done my best...but I can't seem to find any trace of Spyro."

Notice he didn't say anything about not finding Cynder. tongue Idk. Just putting that out there.

#46 Dec 11, 2011 7:03 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

Last edited by 36IStillLikeSpyro36 (Feb 07, 2016 5:47 AM)

Board footer