Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 Nov 22, 2010 9:53 PM

Jackson117
Gems: 0

Re: A forgotten detail about Cynder

You forgot the random dragon soldiers, Also I'm pretty sure Malefor was going to use cynder in a suggestive way if she was still evil...If not lets go into some Demented things

Spyro X malefor anyone?

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

#27 Nov 22, 2010 10:58 PM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

#28 Nov 22, 2010 11:42 PM

Jackson117

Oh look ghastly pictures of the topic at hand..Why don't i post them

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

#29 Nov 24, 2010 2:15 AM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

An example of polygamy is the show "Sister Wives", that man has 4 wives and 16 children. Another example of polygamy is the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (FLDS).

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#30 Nov 24, 2010 5:09 AM

cynderfan
Website

#31 Nov 24, 2010 5:28 AM

Blaze the Dragon

Honestly, I see Cynder being the only female left as highly improbable and unfeasible. A dying race wouldn't send all of the eggs of their next generation which is already important enough as it is (adding the purple dragon to that clutch makes it more important) into ONE location. It's strategically unsound and breaks common sense.

I maintain that there were eggs hidden in various places, not just in the temple, to further aid in the survival of dragons. In addition, not all dragons would have gone to war, as not all of them would be as capable a fighter as another. Many would still be hiding.

#32 Nov 24, 2010 11:04 AM

riverhippo

#33 Nov 24, 2010 9:50 PM

Jackson117

They honestly thought they had the upper hand in tatical location, the temple to them was a fortied helms deep, they underestimated the forces highly

#34 Dec 03, 2010 2:03 PM

Cynder12254
Website

So does that mean Ember is dead?
if so than i feel weird. i never really liked her but if she died than i feel sorry for her.
if she lived than thats ok even though like i said before i never really liked her.

Strange huh?

#35 Dec 03, 2010 2:11 PM

Cynder12254
Website

Strange huh?

#36 Dec 05, 2010 4:47 AM

NormanDPlume
Website

Why is it that, any time Cynder comes up in conversation, said conversation devolves into some of the crudest speculation about her virtues? Granted, it's the games' fault for making her an obvious object of desire and the only female, but it's still disturbing to see so many young people just start talking about sex whenever she appears. I guess I know what classes most of you just took in school. *grin*

On topic, I believe I read elsewhere someone comparing her design to that of an ant. Maybe the LoS dragons are like bees and she is their future queen. Of course, this means Spyro is going to die and all the other males will be cast out of the hive in winter, but it seems a more amusing thought to me than what most of you are proposing.

#37 Dec 09, 2010 9:34 PM

Spyro22

May be the game just never showed any other female dragons.  Besides, where would have all those dragon eggs from ANB come from.
The females may even have been in a safer place while the males fought for the city in DoTD.

Its very improbable that she is the last female.

"I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity."

- C. S. Lewis

#38 Dec 10, 2010 11:21 AM

riverhippo

I think if Cynder wasn't ever a character, we wouldn't be wondering about it.  Just the fact that she is the only apparent female dragon makes us question it.  Without her, implications would never allow us to ask about LoS dragon geneology.  In the original games, the dragons aren't necessarily all male are they?  We don't know.  And no one cares.  Once a female character is installed, the reality of procreational requirements  wink  jumps to the foreground.  Thanks a lot, Ember...

#39 Dec 10, 2010 5:10 PM

NormanDPlume
Website

As I recall, Ember was one of several females in "A Hero's Tail", so the question didn't really come up with her. Cynder, however, is one of exactly two females, and the other one vanishes after speaking two lines of dialogue.

#40 Dec 10, 2010 7:34 PM

riverhippo

#41 Dec 10, 2010 8:13 PM

NormanDPlume
Website

Nanny was an adult female dragon in "Hero's Tail" and there was Cho Lei and Kaitlin in "Shadow Legacy". Besides dragons, there were also characters such as Teena, the Ice Princess, the mother turtle, the penguin lady, and all of the fairies.

#42 Dec 10, 2010 8:57 PM

riverhippo

#43 Dec 10, 2010 9:25 PM

NormanDPlume
Website

Oh! I misunderstood what you were asking. The only other female in all of the Legend games is Nina, Spyro's dragonfly mother.

You do make a good point about the other games. I felt that the classic games made a good case for females. We didn't meet any female dragons (that we knew of), but there were many other notable females in the series so it was easy to assume that dragons had females we hadn't seen or reproduced by other means (and there were many female baby dragons in the third game). Same with the middle games like "Hero's Tail" and "Shadow Legacy". But with Legend, having just that one female of note raises a lot of questions (especially when there were countless opportunities for other female characters to appear that weren't used).

#44 Dec 10, 2010 11:24 PM

riverhippo

#45 Dec 10, 2010 11:29 PM

NormanDPlume
Website

I'll admit that the whole Cynder loving Spyro thing struck me as ham fisted and out of character for her. There was more potential for a romantic interest between the two in "Eternal Night", but not much. Even so, it makes more sense to me to think of them as good friends or family to one another.

#46 Dec 11, 2010 2:25 AM

riverhippo

I sometimes wonder what they were thinking when they included it.  Is it supposed to appeal more towards the female gaming community or what?  What's the main reason why some platform stories include a soap opera-type implication?  I'll admit I love a good love story now and then, even though I'm a guy, but timing is everything, if you include it at all.

#47 Dec 11, 2010 5:22 AM

Jackson117

Because they had dirty hands?

#48 May 03, 2011 3:36 PM

spyro4ever001

hum...maybe...but there maybe other female dragons...but we have not seen them...

I am the daughter of spyro and cynder.I rest in the valley of avalar.I am Dark Yellow and I have Wind,Fire and Shadow Breaths.Mess With Tlos,You Mess With me!

#49 Dec 09, 2011 6:07 PM

PYROX
Gems: 60
Website

#50 Nov 07, 2013 3:13 PM

JazzJackrabbit

Yo, Spyro
I'm really happy for you, but Jazz Jackrabbit is one of the best platformers of all time.

OF ALL TIME!

Board footer