Gems: 0
Website

Spyro Strategy Guides

#2 Aug 16, 2007 9:56 PM

SpyroxEmber
Website

Re: Spyro Strategy Guides

Well, I don't own any... I've never thought that I needed a strategy guide for Spyro. All of the Spyro games are pretty straight forward and not hard to beat fully.

Not to sound rude or anything. I'm sure you have perfectly good reasons to buy the guides. ^_^

#3 Aug 16, 2007 11:00 PM

LoneKnight
Website

Yeah, if I was to ever buy one, it would be for the nostalgia value moreso than helping me beat it.

#4 Aug 17, 2007 2:12 AM

Fungeek
Website

Well, the only person I know around the network who has all of them would have to be RedDevilDazzy from YouTube. He did a Spyro stuff I own response video showing them

#5 Aug 17, 2007 5:31 AM

Spyras the Dragon

I hate the ANB guide, it's too small and difficult to keep open.
But, I have a guide for every Spyro game I have.

#6 Aug 17, 2007 1:14 PM

Tenshi Saito

Ah, I'd to have these, if only for reading through and remembering. I saw one in the store once. I think it was of the first one.

#7 Aug 17, 2007 7:50 PM

Razz
Website

It's true, I'm not the world's best gamer, but I've never had problems with the Spyro games. I mostly buy strategy guides for art reference and the occasional extras (I'm a sucker for concept art from movies, games, and cartoons). I find that if I really need help in a game, the Internet is a better resource than a strategy guide. big_smile

#8 Sep 03, 2007 10:10 PM

Tristan

I think it's more fun to use your own strategy, but i still it's fun to learn from others strategy's wink .

#9 Sep 04, 2007 7:18 AM

Razz
Website

Oh, I do use my own strategy. The main thing I want from the guides is reference art that doesn't have to be printed out.

#10 Sep 04, 2007 1:39 PM

Zekira Drake

#11 Sep 04, 2007 10:18 PM

Razz
Website

True, but I don't have a printer of any quality and I have Internet addiction problems that make just turning on the computer for references difficult. I prefer to have reference material where I can take it anywhere with me if needed.

#12 Sep 05, 2007 12:31 AM

Fungeek
Website

Well, if you ever need some inspiration, then ask me to set you up with some DevianART or Youtube vids with the material in it, and I'd be happy to help. As for the strategy guides, I never use a guide. It spils the entire way to beat the game, and sometimes it's just pointless. I mean, who would have even used and ANB guide? Besideds, I always love to find the things in the level by myself. That's more then half the fun of a game for me. Then, once I know where evrything is and how to beat everything, I give myself challenges to help me have a better time.

#13 Sep 05, 2007 12:36 AM

Razz
Website

Thanks, Fungeek! smile I've actually got all of the cutscenes from ANB saved to my hard drive (and it's not exactly difficult to re-play the game big_smile). The unfortunate part is that I have a hard time drawing at the computer (too many distractions) and, for obvious reasons, I can't draw while I'm gaming. big_smile

I like strategy guides. I usually get them just for the art and screen grabs, but in some cases, I need them (like with the "Tomb Raider" games; my vision and ADHD conspire against me and it takes me forever to even see the path I'm supposed to take to find the item to solve a simple puzzle; plus, it's the only way I can get all the relics and things for those games). It's rather rare that I can play a game without needed to resort to a walkthrough or guide or my fiance at least once.

Board footer