You are not logged in.

#51 Apr 12, 2009 7:30 AM

spyroNcynder
Gems: 0
Website

Re: When I was younger . . .

I got the first Spyro game when I was 4 and got nerves in alot of the lvls like the gliding when your so far up in the air you can bearly tell were your going to go next. But the only thing that really got me going was the last home world, if I remember correctly I think it was called dream wavers or something like that. I really disliked those tall dream wavers cause were my ranging was so poor on games like that I always seem to fall off edges of many diffrent things. It took me awhile to deffeat the Gnasty Gnork that ugly little creature.

#52 Apr 12, 2009 5:28 PM

Kazoobie64
Website

Dark Passage made me very nervous when I was young. The fact that little cute creatures turned into huge monsters in the dark was unnerving. I remember racing to charge a little turtle and it got big by the time I got there, causing Spyro to bump his head on its stomach and bounce back. Then the big monster turtle wasted no time in hitting me with whatever the hell that black exploding ball was.

Forgetting to kill a yellow monkey-dog thing and being sneak-attacked and DEVOURED by a red demon dog in the dark without expecting it didn't help matters either.

#53 Apr 12, 2009 5:53 PM

Keby
Website

Those plants in Misty Bog always have scared me, and still do.  XD

#54 Apr 18, 2009 3:12 AM

spyroNcynder
Website

How do the plants scare you, cause I have no problem with them. What makes them so scary?

#55 Apr 20, 2009 5:32 AM

Spinner the Faun
Website

#56 Apr 20, 2009 8:53 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

#57 Jul 20, 2009 4:49 PM

Andy123

acually I never remembered them intil my great spyro original replay a month ago. What really scared me when I was 5 where the huge killer puppies and turrtles in Dark Hollow

Atra esterni ono theluin. Atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waise sholiro fra rauthr. Orothrim malthinae ono.

#58 Jul 26, 2009 3:41 PM

Spyrocks

Back when I was 5 that level gave me the creeps. The entire Beast Makers world just freaked me out so much I cried. Actually, the gnorc with the bag of gems in Artisan's home world scared me back then... I had never played a video game! Now I'm just like O button, O button, O button, I'M BORED I think I'll kill Gnasty... again.  And I used to have nightmares of Dark Passage! Oh well, I make fun of that level now!

" Mommy? Fluff my pillow?" - Sparx ( I love that)
  Too much sugar leads to major destruction.... how I know that is not to be told......

#59 Jul 30, 2009 8:04 PM

Nightwing

I don't know why, but I love those plants in Misty Bog (I think they're cute!).  The frogs too.  I used to be able to do that level without getting hit.  Now I can barely make it through at all... <_<
What really scared me were those spiders in High Caves.  I was terrified of spiders, and still am!  I can deal with almost anything else, but when I get to High Caves, I start charging and don't stop until I reach the other side.  Completing that level so I could get into Gnasty's Loot was so scary! :omg:

#60 Aug 01, 2009 9:52 AM

Grif

Heh, plant things. I remember my shock when I found out they ate you.

Thinking back, I don't think I was really scared of anything in Spyro. Though the level Dark Passage really unnerved me for some reason.

#61 Aug 03, 2009 6:52 AM

DarkMaster

some levels in spyro kinda spooked me a bit, not only slightly though

#62 Sep 14, 2009 7:36 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

I did find the courage to complete the level when I was around 9 years old. 4 years is way to long to w8 and beat that level. About the bushes in RR: they are absolutely not scary. the trees are dangerous, but the bushes are just lol. Plants are creepy.

Does anyone remember the bridges in Misty Bog? There were 2 bridges with rows of 5/6 shielded enemies there. Had very much fun charging them wink

Also, at Dark Passage, there are these cute dogs (*bleep*, leave that light on!!!) who eat you when in the dark. ARGH! They are very scary with their round mouth with teeth everywhere. The "penguins" didn't scare me at all.

Just fun thinking back to your past. Now, I burn those plants alive, dogs are better avoided and trees... well, just burn 'em. No worries with Spyro on your side!

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#63 Sep 18, 2009 10:36 PM

Purple Chronicler

Ahhh, hearing people reminisce about how they were scared of the dragon-eating plants on Misty Bog reminds me of what went through my head when I first played, but translated into Teenager, has four too mnay swear words to be acceptable at this institution of the sub-culture dedicated to Spyro. Though, oddly, I had no such qualms when I went through Fracture Hills in RR, which I played first... I also hated the dogs and turtles in Dark Passage...

But now I just think about what an idiot I was...

Excuse me. I seem to have to go destroy another evil. They are just popping out all over the place. First the Zerg, then Voldemort...

#64 Nov 15, 2009 7:35 PM

Fryeguy

Yeah those were scary. A lot of Beast Makers was for me as a kid. The orange beasts in Alpine Ridge I will certainly never forget.

#65 Dec 14, 2009 9:51 AM

MixedUpMeows

The only things that scared me were the stuff in dark passage...

the monkey things that kill you as well... mainly because I didn't know they kicked you, I thought that its... "Jugs" popped out and wacked me

Do you like fish sticks?

#66 Mar 25, 2010 4:27 PM

THEKIDWITHAKNIFE.

Yeah! no kidding. those got me ta jump. It wasn't that they were scary but they jumped out at you like out of nowhere! Here i am walkin past some shrubery and killin a few frogs and then OH MY FREAKING GOD A PLANT ATE ME!

Getting old: It's gonna Happen.
Growing up: Not a chance!

"opinions are, imunity to being told your wrong...
paper, rock, and scissors they, all have their pros and cons!" .....................(Reliant K)

Check me out on Youtube.com and DeviantArt.com!!!

#67 Jul 22, 2010 11:54 PM

THEKIDWITHAKNIFE.

those things scared the shiz out of me!! ...well, the first time i played the game. I got used to it! ...but i'd walk by them thinking they were normal plants and then all a sudden this big gaping mouth is racing at you and CHOMP!!! No escape!!! ...and I hated those attack frogz. not as scary but they would always get me. they're hard to avoid!

......oh look! I already commented on this topic. ...huh, well i'll leave it up anyway......

Getting old: It's gonna Happen.
Growing up: Not a chance!

"opinions are, imunity to being told your wrong...
paper, rock, and scissors they, all have their pros and cons!" .....................(Reliant K)

Check me out on Youtube.com and DeviantArt.com!!!

Board footer