Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 08, 2010 12:09 AM

Rurikredwolf
Gems: 0
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Before you Register your character...

1. Does it have a name? (It better. I don't want to start calling it Mr/Mrs. X)

2. How old is it? If you don't reveal it on the sheet, try to give some hints either in the background or RP you use it in.

3. It better have a gender...

4. Describe the character's appearance to the BEST of your abilities. But don't put up a giant wall of text that makes me have to scroll down (Yes, I am looking at you. You know who you are.) Does the horns curve if it has horns? What is the hair/fur/scale color? Any special markings? You get the idea.

5. Dear lord, try and be more original with the personality than 'cold, silent...deadly...' or 'WAA, MY LIFE IS HORRIBLE!' Try to give the character some life! Have the character have an emotional side along with their tough outer shell (if they have one. If they really don't, then, well...) I honestly don't care what you do, I am just pointing out some things that will help you pass.

6. Try not to overdo the powers. If you do, add weaknesses to compencate for this.

7. Try not to overdo it, but don't neglect it. Emotional weaknesses are as equal value to fighting ones. Put them in! We want to see your character fleshed out!

8. Please, for the love of everything, avoid the standard 'ME MOMMY AND DADDY DIEDED, MUST TRAIN TO AVENGE!' or 'ME BODY POSSESED BY MONKEY LORD OF THE 9TH LAIR OF HELL!' If you make it reasonably good, then for all means, go for it. But try to be original, ok? It makes you look better. I mean, 'Grew up normally, nothing special' will be better than most of the stuff I see nowadays.

Now that those 8 steps are out of the way, you are on your way to becoming an RPer. Best of luck!

#2 Jan 08, 2010 12:13 AM

ixr

Re: Before you Register your character...

looks good im still editing mine

I have no memory of this place...

#3 Jan 08, 2010 10:11 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

Hmm, that are some good tips, rurik!
Also, I lol'd at the Mr.X part... you probarbly know why.

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#4 Jun 23, 2010 10:49 PM

killa_cz
Website

ok just read this now im gonna go edit mine

want to play xbox with me im killacz422

Board footer